Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Li Huixi of Shandong Province Tortured to Death

May 02, 2013 |   By a Minghui correspondent from Shandong Province, China

Name: Li Huixi (李惠希)
Gender: Male
Age: 47
Address: Houyi Village, Hou Town, Shouguang City, Shandong Province
Occupation: Carpenter
Date of Death: March 12, 2000
Date of Most Recent Arrest: March 12, 2000
Most Recent Place of Detention: Hou Town Government (侯镇镇政府)
City: Shouguang
Province: Shandong
Persecution Suffered: Beatings, physical restraint, detention

(Minghui.org) Mr. Li Huixi was a Falun Gong practitioner in Houyi Village, Hou Town, Shouguang City, Shandong Province. He was arrested for appealing for the right to practice Falun Gong, and was returned to Hou Town by officers from the Shouguang Police Department on the evening of March 12, 2000. He was beaten to death that same night. He died at the age of 47, and left his parents and a mentally retarded sister behind without financial support. Their lives became difficult to maintain, and they too subsequently passed away.

Mr. Li had been in poor health, and had frequently suffered from illnesses since he was a child. He never married and he lived in poverty with his parents and a mentally retarded sister. They were barely able to survive on his earnings as a carpenter. After he started practicing Falun Dafa in 1997, his illnesses disappeared and he was in good spirits.

Like other practitioners, he was very sad when the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) launched the persecution of Falun Gong on July 20, 1999. After finishing work on March 12, 2000, he went to Beijing to appeal.

Officers and agents dispatched by the Hou Town government intercepted him on his way to Beijing. He was arrested and beaten. He was taken back to the Hou Town Government and incarcerated in a garage with several other practitioners. Officers and agents dragged practitioners out, one by one, and beat them. Under the command and approval of town secretaries Wang Senpeng and Yuan Xunbin, Mou Mingsheng, Zhang Shengjun, Song Jianxun, and a dozen other people beat the practitioners with clubs and brooms.

The practitioners were beaten again during the night. Mou Mingsheng was wearing a pair of shoes with metal heel plates, and repeatedly stepped on the practitioner's inner thighs. While being brutally beaten, they asked Mr. Li if he would continue practicing. Mr. Li said, “Yes.” They then asked if Falun Gong was good. Mr. Li said, “Yes.” They ordered him to swear at his master. Mr. Li said, “No.”

Mr. Li was dragged back to the garage after midnight. Although he was beaten to the point of falling into a coma, he was tied to an iron chair torture device. About thirty minutes afterward, someone heard him say, “I am dying, I am too hot. It's too tight, untie me now!” He then became silent.

Someone called his name around 1:00 a.m. Again, he did not answer.

When they saw that he had died, they went to the government family compound and woke up Wang Senpeng and Yuan Xunbin. Wang and Yuan decided to take his body to the government backyard. When his family came to deliver his clothes, government agents stopped them outside the door and told them that he had died from a heart attack. In the afternoon, one of his family members found a way in to see his body. When he pulled back the cloth covering Mr. Li's body, he saw blood on his temple. The guards immediately stopped him and threatened him, ordering him not to say anything.

Mr. Li's family saw his body again at the Daotian Cremation Services. Before the family arrived, the town government arranged for a cosmetic service to spruce up the body and dress the body in clean clothing. A glass viewing panel covered his body and flowers were placed around the cover. They threatened the family and gave them 45,000 yuan in exchange for not appealing and not mentioning to anyone what had happened.