Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Jiang Guozhen and Chen Fuzhen Brutally Persecuted at Sichuan Women's Prison

April 15, 2013 |   By a Minghui correspondent from Sichuan Province, China

(Minghui.org) The Sichuan Women's Prison is located in Yangmahe, Jianyang, Ziyang City, Sichuan Province. In this prison, the guards attempt to force Falun Gong practitioners to give up their belief through torture and brainwashing. Practitioners Ms. Jiang Guozhen and Ms. Chen Fuzhen from Guanghan City were both brutally persecuted in this facility.

Ms. Jiang Guozhen

Jiang Guozhen is 60 years old. She lives in Songlin Township, Guanghan City. Because she refused to give up her belief in Falun Gong, she has been persecuted multiple times by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP).

On the morning of October 16, 2007, Ms. Jiang was arrested in front of her home by Director Li and Tang Jianjun from the Songlin Police Station and officers from the Domestic Security Bureau of Guanghan City. She was first detained at the Songlin Police Station, then at the Guanghan Detention Station. The police also ransacked Jiang Guozhen's home, breaking furniture in the process. They took away Dafa books and truth-clarification materials, DVDs, and several hundred yuan in cash. The police tried to force Ms. Jiang's neighbors to be witnesses. The neighbors refused and said that Jiang Guozhen had not done anything wrong and questioned why the police wanted to arrest her.

Jiang Guozhen was detained in the detention center for nearly one year. On June 16, 2008, the court finally held her first trial. In the court session, Juang Guozhen stated that the police framed her, which was admitted by the police. One month later, on July 15, the court held a second trial for Ms. Jiang. The judges ignored the law: they did not allow Jiang Guozhen to speak, did not allow her to have a defense attorney, and did not allow her family to appeal. They sentenced Ms. Jiang to three years and six months of forced labor re-education.

On February 9, 2010, Jiang Guozhen was taken to the Second Ward of the Sichuan Women's Prison. As soon as she arrived at the prison, she was immediately monitored by prisoners designated by the guards. The prisoners who monitored her had to write weekly reports to prison guard Gu Qian, who was in charge of persecuting Falun Gong practitioners.

Prisoners had to report whenever they needed to do anything. If they needed to use bathroom, they had to report: “[Name] needs to go to bathroom.” Otherwise they would not be allowed to use the bathroom, and would be punished by being made to stand facing the wall while memorizing the prison rules. They forced Jiang Guozhen to read literature slandering Falun Dafa in an attempt to make her give up her belief.

After two months, they still could not “transform” Jiang Guozhen, so they had collaborators try to force her to give up her belief. When Ms. Jiang still refused, the prison made more than two hundred prisoners in the whole ward to watch a video of the staged Tiananmen Square self-immolation and required everyone to verbally attack Falun Gong and Master Li, the founder of Falun Gong. They did not allow anyone to talk with Jiang Guozhen. For two consecutive months, they deleted reward points (which could help reduce prison terms) from prisoners who lived in the same cell as Jiang Guozhen. They forced Jiang Guozhen to do hard labor daily from early morning to 2-3 a.m.

Under this intense pressure, Jiang Guozhen renounced up her belief against her will. She was very pained in her heart. Once, Ms. Jiang went to bathroom without reporting first and was forced to do military steps and to stand still with both feet together and a book between her legs under the baking summer sun.

Ms. Chen Fuzhen

Ms. Chen Fuzhen is 57 years old. She was a staff member of the Drilling Factory in Guanghan City, Sichuan Province. Ms. Chen was targeted by police from the Xiangganglu Police Station and the security section of her workplace, and on August 1, 2008, the police arrested her. She was first detained at the police station, then at the Guanghan Detention Center. The police ransacked Ms. Chen's home, taking away her Dafa books and materials, and even her daughter's laptop.

Chen Fuzhen was detained for one month in the detention center, and then sentenced to four years of forced labor re-education. On March 20, 2009, she was transferred to the First Ward of the Sichuan Women's Prison. When she arrived at the ward, she was searched by guards Wang Pin, Chen Ying and a person surnamed Yao. They threw away Chen Fuzhen's bedding, and confiscated a delicate silver hair pin which was a present from Ms. Chen's daughter. They applied a number of brutal techniques to “transform” Ms. Chen, as described below:

Guards involved in the persecution of Ms. Chen Fuzhen:
Yu Zhifang, a person surnamed Yan, a person surnamed Lu, Luo Lili, Zeng Qing, Li Ying, Wang Yafei, Chen Ying, He Qingrong, Li Tingze, Zhao Hong, a person surnamed Liu.