Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

A Practitioner Believed to Be Poisoned to Death at a Brainwashing Center

October 12, 2013 |   By a Minghui correspondent from Sichuan Province, China


Summary of Key Persecution Facts:
Ding Wenbin (丁文斌)



Shehong County, Sichuan Provine
Occupation : Pedicab driver
Date of Death:
September 16, 2013

Date of Most Recent Arrest:
April 21, 2013
Most Recent Place of Detention: Suining Brainwashing Center (遂宁洗脑班)
Province: Sichuan
Persecution Suffered
: Forced labor, brainwashing, illegal sentencing, forced injections/drug administration, detention

Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Ding Wenbin had been held in the Suning Brainwashing Center for 30 days, when he was suddenly taken home.

It first appeared that Mr. Ding was okay, but his health drastically deteriorated very suddenly in the ensuing 104 days. He passed away on September 16, 2013. His family and friends strongly suspect that he was poisoned in the brainwashing center.

Use of Drugs Sanctioned

Under the policy of Jiang Zemin's regime to destroy Falun Gong, the use of drugs to practitioners is part of that organized and systematic policy to persecute them and is executed from the top down. The handbook of the so called 'Anti Cult' Internal Reference Material blatantly states, “If necessary, one can use drugs in the clinical trials or medical procedures to 'transform' the subjects.”

Mr. Ding's History

Mr. Ding, 61, was originally a farmer from Shehong County. He later moved to the county center and made his living driving a pedicab. He began to practice Falun Dafa in 2006. He was very frank and open and loved to help people.

Mr. Ding truly appreciated the power of Dafa, and wished to tell people his experiences and let them know of the goodness of Falun Dafa. He told people the facts about it wherever he went and let them know that the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) was persecuting the practice.

First Arrest and Forced Labor Sentence

Mr. Ding was arrested by officers from the Chengbei Police Station in Taihe Township when he was distributing informational materials about Falun Gong on the evening of December 29, 2011. He was sentenced a month later to a year of forced labor and was taken to the Xinhua Forced Labor Camp.

When he was released on November 29, 2012, he was very weak. His weight had dropped from 120 to about 80 pounds. But he steadfastly believed in Dafa and made sure that he did the exercises and read the Falun Gong books. Within about a month, he recovered completely and began to drive his pedicab again.

Final Arrest and Detention in the Brainwashing Center

He went to the Renhe Township to tell people the facts about Falun Gong on April 21, 2013. However, someone reported him and he was illegally arrested by Renhe Police Station officers. County domestic security police took him to the detention center.

After he was detained for 15 days, he was again taken to the Suining Brainwashing Center. He upheld his belief in the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance and refused to “transform.” After being held in the brainwashing center for 30 days, he was taken back to his relatives in Shehong County on June 5.

Questions Surrounding His Release

After his release, his friends and relatives were curious about what happened to him in the brainwashing center. He told them that he steadfastly rejected attempts to "transform" him, but other than being slapped a few times, he basically did not suffer any bodily abuse.

Although his friends and relatives were relieved and surprised, they could not help but wonder, “The forced labor camps and brainwashing centers usually persecute practitioners so brutally. They are savagely tortured if they do not 'transform.' Why was Mr. Ding an exception, and why did they send him home?”

Deterioration and Death

Just when people were making all sorts of speculations about his situation, Mr. Ding’s condition drastically changed. In the first few days of being home, he felt he was very weak and it was difficult for him to do anything. Gradually he felt that his stomach was congested and achy, and he could not even drink water. Before his relatives and friends could find out what was going on, he died on September 16, 104 days after his release from the brainwashing center.

Based on government policy to destroy Falun Gong and the barbaric methods of torture routinely used on practitioners, Mr. Ding’s friends and relatives strongly suspect that he had been drugged in the Suining Brainwashing Center. Many other incidents lend support to such a suspicion.

Torture reenactment: Injecting with unknown drugs

Mr. Zhao Tianshou, 66, was a retired official from Panjin City in Liaoning Province. He lived in Taihe Township, Shehong County, which is his hometown. He was arrested by plainclothes officers on August 26, 2013, when he was distributing Shenyun DVDs. He was taken to the Shehong County Police Department and interrogated by Captain Zhou Yi and Vice Captain He Yiping. When he refused to sign or thumbprint the record, the police threatened him, “If you do not sign, we will inject you with 'DNX.'” Mr. Zhao knew that DNX was a drug that harmed the human body and that the guards had been using it openly on practitioners this year. He finally signed the document.

In addition, practitioners Wang Deyi, Zhang Yuxiu and others were all injected with DNX by the police from the Domestic Security Division. All of them suffered severely, and some are still struggling to recover.

This naturally makes people wonder if Mr. Ding’s sudden death might have been caused by unknown drugs.