Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Minghui Fahui | Bathing in Buddha's Glorious Compassion for Fifteen Years

January 12, 2013 |  

(Minghui.org) Greetings, compassionate Master! Greetings, fellow practitioners!

I obtained the Fa in March 1997. Before that, my health was very poor. I had protrusion of the lumbar intervertebral discs due to work stress and it became increasingly serious. After cultivating in Dafa, my back pain was healed and all my other illnesses disappeared. My husband used to smoke and drink till he became drunk every day. After I started practicing Falun Dafa, his eyes would become red whenever he smoked. Later, he had a headache whenever he smoked. Soon thereafter, he completely quit smoking. After our home was established as a practice site, he started to read Master's books with us and gradually became very righteous and kind.

Validating the Fa

On July 20, 1999, Jiang's regime started to madly persecute Dafa disciples. The Chinese Communist Party's media saturated the country with lies slandering Dafa and Master in order to deceive the public, and some fellow practitioners became hesitant. Later, we received Master's new article “Some Thoughts of Mine.” Under the guidance of Master, we began to think of ways to validate the Fa. Another practitioner and I wrote on paper, “Falun Dafa Is Good,” “Return Master's Innocence,” “Return Dafa's Innocence.” I pasted these posters on bridges, and many pedestrians crowded around to read them. A few days later, an elderly woman said to me: “Falun Gong cannot be defeated. They wrote 'return Master's innocence and Dafa's innocence' on big posters.” Later, fellow practitioners and I also made large banners, which we hung in places where there were more people.

There are two mountains in my area, and many people go hiking there every morning. These people include police and officials of all levels. They would often stop to rest on a platform on top of the mountain. Thus, we hung banners at the most prominent place there.

Usually, two of us would go up to the mountain in the dark, hang the banners and place some materials on the platform. Once, the sky was so dark that I couldn't see the branches to hang the banners on. I said, “Tree, if this banner is to hang on your body, you will be saved.” Suddenly, the branch appeared very clearly in front of me.

Once we reached the platform, the fellow practitioner and I would each go a different way. We both had to walk a very long distance to reach home. We were very afraid, as we had to travel through several cemeteries and sometimes even encountered wild dogs.

Every time, I would recite the Fa:

“Dafa does not leave the body,
The heart harbors Zhen-Shan-Ren;
In the world is a great Arhat,
Spirits and ghosts fear greatly.”
(“Mighty Virtue” in Hong Yin)

Once, we went to another mountain to hang large banners in the daytime. Some places were very suitable for hanging the banners, but there were people around. One practitioner said, “It would be good if there was fog.” Within a short while, a really thick fog appeared. The fog dispersed only when we got home.

One night, six of us went to the mountain and hung many banners and posters in the areas where many people came. The next day this created an uproar in the whole city, and it shocked the evil.

On another occasion, we hung up a very large banner that said, “Falun Dafa Is Good! Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance Is Good!” in a prominent place. We then saw a deputy officer with a few other people rush to that location. Fellow practitioners also hung banners during each CCP sensitive day because we wanted a big banner that read, “Falun Dafa Is Good!” to be visible from the highest place in our county.

I had wanted to go to Beijing several times to validate the Fa, but did not succeed. After discussing with fellow practitioners, we were determined to break through the layers of checkpoints set up by the evil.

Police guarded every road junction, but we heard that cars would not be checked, so we rented a car at a high price. We rented a car and planned to set out after dark. However, strong wind started to blow and the rain began pouring down at 6 p.m. Soon, the main street flooded, and the water was knee-high. I braved the heavy rain to look for fellow practitioners; a few practitioners had already gathered together. The driver was very touched by our determination. We braved the heavy rain and set off, but after a while we were not able to keep driving. I said, “Let's not go today; instead, we should choose another day with good weather.” My brother, who is also a practitioner, replied, “That's not right. Let's take a detour.”

We took another way, but the rain began to get even heavier. After more than ten hours, we finally reached Beijing at 8 a.m. the next day. I sat in front of Tiananmen Square and send forth righteous thoughts toward the image of the evil Party's leader. Soon, someone grabbed my arm and shouted loudly, “What are you doing!” I saw that it was a policeman and started to send forth righteous thoughts toward him. In a short while, he changed his tone and said, “Are you from the tour group? Please go to the other side,” and he let me go. I found the rest of the practitioners that afternoon, and we smoothly returned home.

When I returned home, I asked my two children, “Would you dare to go to Beijing to speak the truth?” At that time, my eldest child was only in his teens, and the youngest one was only six or seven years old. They said, “Mom did, so we will, too.” I told them what to do when they got there. The next day, my two children went to Beijing together with a few practitioners. After returning home, they told me happily, “Mother, we went up to the city tower and shouted “Falun Dafa is good! Return Master's innocence!” Afterward, I contacted those practitioners who had not yet stepped forward and rented a car so that they could go and validate the Fa in Beijing.

Transferring materials

I went to my brother's home one day in March 2001. After July 2000, my brother traveled to another place to receive truth-clarifying materials and my sister-in-law would distribute them. In September, my sister-in-law was illegally arrested, but my brother continued to do this alone. I told him, “I'll go tomorrow.” I went home and prepared a packet of materials. I distributed them the next day and also looked for practitioners to receive additional materials.

At that time, the state-run television and newspapers were slandering Master and Dafa, and it was commonplace for the police to raid homes and arrest practitioners. In April, my house was raided. Under Master's compassionate care, I was not arrested, but the evil people threatened me when they found truth-clarifying materials I had written. In July, the 610 Office head brought a vehicle full of officers to my home and attempted to arrest me. While I sent forth righteous thoughts, my family shouted loudly at them and refused to let them take me away. They left in disgrace.

Later, when the need for materials increased, my children worked on the materials with me till 11 p.m. Many times I stayed up stapling the booklets and fell asleep with the stapler in my hand. I usually wouldn't finish till 3 or 4 a.m. After materials were stapled, we'd distribute them to fellow practitioners. At that time, we had a huge amount of materials, but if the situation became tense, some places would not take them. My children carried materials in their school bags and distributed them with me. After a veteran practitioner heard about this, she said, “Give all of the materials that you are unable to distribute to me.”

In the spring of 2003, SARS was spreading and we were told that bags would be inspected on the street. In fact, the evil was using this opportunity to persecute Dafa disciples. One practitioner said that she would use her car to deliver materials to us from another site. However, after one trip, she said that she could not do it anymore; she had been arrested before and was afraid that she might be recognized. She asked a few other practitioners, but they refused to go. Then she asked if I was willing to do it. I did not hesitate and said, “I'll go! Dafa disciples take validating the Fa as their priority!”

Because I did not have a car, I would have to rent one. I found a relative and told him about my situation. He hesitated for a while but then said, “Let's go.” However, after traveling for a while, no matter what I said, he refused to go further and said, “Look, the police are everywhere. If we are caught, we will be unable to escape even if we had wings.” I started to clarify the truth to him and told him how wonderful Falun Dafa is. At last, he agreed to keep driving.

We agreed that when we reached the destination, we would immediately open the trunk, put materials in and then leave right away. Once there, we were spotted by a policeman, and he started to walk toward us. We immediately started our car and sped off. On the way back, we were stopped for inspection once a while. When the police went to the back of the car, my heart would beat very fast. Every time, it was only with Master's compassionate care that we were able to return safely. We went back every week, and I decided to start my own materials production site the following spring.

Establishing a materials production site and exposing the evil

In 2004, we started our own materials production site. The veteran practitioner who worked with me to distribute materials said, “If you want to set up a materials production site, set it up at my home.” We decided that after materials were done at her home, they would be bought to my home for distribution to other places.

It wasn't easy to establish a materials production site as we did not have funds or technical skills. Later, practitioners from other places came to help us, gave us some equipment and taught us the techniques. Other practitioners also started to get involved, and everyone worked on the materials and studied the Fa together.

When Master's article on exposing the local evil to local people was published, we knew that we should do what Master requires of us. From July 20, 1999, the evil policemen and 610 Office agents in our area carried out numerous raids and arrests of Dafa disciples. They harassed disciples and robbed them of money. We knew that we must expose these evil acts, so we collected first-hand experiences of some practitioners who had been severely persecuted and compiled them into booklets for distribution. After that, we started to write letters exposing the evil to the local people, as well as the police and various officials.

One day, I had a discussion with a veteran practitioner who had just been released from a labor camp. She said: “A practitioner from a place far away was in the labor camp with me and said that she knew about 70 to 80 practitioners who stopped cultivating after the persecution started. Let's go there and take a look.” We rode on her motorcycle and found the area.

We went there three times and finally met the local coordinator. We learned that they had buried the books for safekeeping and had stopped doing the exercises, but in their hearts they still believed in Master and Dafa and were waiting for the opportunity to resume the practice. We studied Master's recent lectures with them and discussed the current progress of Fa-rectification.

We went there a few more times, and those practitioners stepped forward and resumed cultivation. The veteran practitioner and I then started to go from one village to another, looking for practitioners who may be reluctant to step forward so that we could help them catch up.

In order to help practitioners keep up with the progress of Fa-rectification and do the three things that Master requires of us, we reached out to practitioners in city and rural areas over and over again. We completed the first round of interaction in about a month. Most of the time, we would reach the rural area at night and return home after midnight. We, two women, traveled alone hundreds of miles late into the night. We even went to places where we would never have dared to walk if we did not cultivate in Dafa.

During each interaction, we would talk about following the progress of Fa-rectification closely, studying the Fa well, improving xinxing, the importance of sending forth righteous thoughts and cooperating with each other as a whole, clarifying the truth and saving sentient beings. The cohesion of Dafa disciples in my my area became stronger as a result of this effort.

I remember that on Master's birthday in 2003, there were only 20 people gathered together. In 2004, there were 70 to 80 people. When we celebrated Master's birthday in 2005, there were more than 100 people, and practitioners from other areas also came. We hung up Master's image and placed fruits and flowers. Some practitioners knelt and kowtowed in front of Master's image and wept until they were unable to lift their heads. Having been through several years of brutal persecution, practitioners felt very sad. Looking at Master's image hanging on the wall, the feeling could not be described with words.

Saving sentient beings

In September 2004, Master published a new article “Let Go of Human Attachments and Save the World's People.” By this time, Dafa disciples in my area had already formed a whole body. The telephone poles were covered with posters and signs “Falun Dafa Is Good,” and Dafa banners were everywhere. Some practitioners used tools to engrave “Falun Dafa Is Good” onto stones lying on the side of the road. Our materials production site had also become mature. Although sometimes practitioners were arrested, they were released quickly.

We made many maps of the surrounding areas. Through these maps, we came to know of many small villages that we had not known about before. In the past, we had not been aware of how many towns and villages were in our local area. If it was not for Master's guidance, the sentient beings in these areas might not have been saved.

We distributed the maps to other practitioners, and they coordinated with each other to prevent truth-clarifying materials from being distributed repeatedly or leaving out a village or household. We also had an experience sharing conference and studied Master's new articles.

We made 100,000 copies of truth-clarifying materials, including booklets and DVDs. Practitioners would carry materials and instant noodles and hike over mountains and through ravines, walking from village to village to clarify the facts.

A few practitioners and I undertook the responsibility of traveling to the farthest town. We distributed materials while walking and only returned home the next day, at 3 a.m. We distributed thousands of truth-clarifying materials and put up thousands of posters.

Our area has an evil Party memorial. We realized that this is the evil's dark den. Hence, everyone cooperated to send forth righteous thoughts and clarify the truth there. Once, a senior official from the evil Party came there. Dafa disciples made many posters and banners and were prepared to put them up in the areas where the official was to pass by. However, the regime was afraid of Dafa disciples putting up posters and paid several people 50 yuan to watch over each telephone pole. In addition, many police came from other places and, together with the local police, monitored both sides of the main road.

We had a discussion and kept in mind Master's teaching, “Validate the Fa with rationality” (“Rationality” in Essentials for Further Advancement II). Some practitioners stayed home to send forth righteous thoughts and others went out to hang “Falun Dafa Is Good” banners onto tree branches near the road. The next morning, these banners could be seen everywhere on both sides of the road.

Encountering difficulties and being persecuted

In the afternoon of November 2, 2005, dozens of police broke into my house and took away my computer, two printers, recorders, Master's image and Dafa books. They confiscated personal property worth about 10,000 yuan. I lost my righteous thoughts and left home. After I became homeless, the evil intensified the persecution and came to harass my family every day. They even went to my daughter's school to threaten her.

At that time, my daughter was less than 12 years old. She was so ferociously threatened by the evil perpetrator that her legs trembled and she could not stand. The police forced her to reveal my whereabouts, as well as the whereabouts of other practitioners. The evil targeted me for persecution and listed me as “wanted” on the Internet. They had my photo and searched for me.

I did not have a stable place to stay and was penniless at times. Within a few months, my hair turned white and I lost my teeth. My weight dropped from 120 pounds to 90 pounds. Under such dire and seemingly hopeless circumstances, compassionate Master still looked after me.

Once, I had 100 yuan left, but when I went to retrieve it, it became 200 yuan. Another time, I once again had only 100 yuan left. I was certain that I had just placed this amount on the bed and wished that I had another hundred. When I went to pick up the money, it became 200 yuan again. I could not help but burst into tears.

I recalled Master's teaching:

“Cultivation is hard. It’s hard in that even when a terrible calamity strikes, even when evil madly persecutes, and even when your life is at stake, you still have to be able to steadfastly continue on your path of cultivation without letting anything in human society interfere with the steps you take on your path of cultivation.” (“Path” in Essentials for Further Advancement II)

Suddenly, I woke up and remembered my mission. I started to memorize the Fa and send forth righteous thoughts every hour. During the first year that I was homeless, I memorized Zhuan Falun seven times.

Later, I went to the area where my son attended university, as I wanted to explain the facts about Dafa to the university students. Once, I went with some students to a tourist attraction. They began to take photos and asked me to join them. When we looked at the photos the next day, a big Falun was on top of my head and there are a few smaller ones beside me. The students found it inconceivable, so I took out Zhuan Falun and showed them an image of the Falun. Once they compared the images, they felt this was very mystical. I used this opportunity to clarify the truth to them, and everyone quit the CCP and its affiliated organizations. Afterward, my son invited over the professors and students that he knew. We clarified the truth to them and helped them quit the CCP. Later, we established a materials production site and distributed materials to students while clarifying the truth to them.

I returned home before the 2008 Olympics. When I saw that many practitioners had been arrested, I shared with practitioners and we decided to increase the frequency of sending forth righteous thoughts.

As I could not stay at my house, I went to a relative's house. However, he did not dare to take in a Falun Gong practitioner. I then went to another relative's house, but she also did not dare to take me in. Hence, I went to a nearby mountain. At night, when no one was around, I would go to the side of the river and memorize the Fa, meditate and send forth righteous thoughts.

Every day, the evildoers came to harass my family. Initially, the agents claimed that they would allow me to return home and turn myself in. Later, they said that a release on bail would be sufficient. My family had a discussion with me. I said, “I will only return home if there are no conditions.”

Later, I ended my homeless life. However, soon after I returned home, the head and deputy heads from the work unit, four people in total, took turns to monitor me. When they saw that I had become so thin, they were filled with sympathy for me. They said that the Communist Party is wrong and quit the CCP.

After the Olympics were over, I went to different places to interact with fellow practitioners and encouraged them to establish a Fa-study group, send forth righteous thoughts, and cooperate with each other as a whole.

At present, our environment is more relaxed and fellow practitioners are able to walk their cultivation paths steadily.