Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Five Practitioners from Jiaohe City, Jilin Province Arrested and Sent to Forced Labor

August 02, 2012 |   By a Minghui correspondent from Jilin Province, China

(Minghui.org) On June 18, 2012, police arrested five Falun Gong practitioners from Jiaohe City, Jilin Province on orders from the Jiaohe City 610 Office. The practitioners were detained for half a month and then sent to a labor camp. This is the third time Mr. Qu Wancheng was sent to forced labor and the second time for Ms. Liu Shufen. More than 20 other Falun Gong practitioners were also harassed.

Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Liu Shufen worked in the Jiaohe City Hotel. She took a train to Beijing to appeal in February 2000 and was stopped by police on her way. She was put in an iron cage and forced to stand for a whole night. All her money was taken and no documentation was given to her. After one night at the police station, officers from the Minzhu Police Station in Jiaohe City sent her to the Agricultural Machinery School of Jiaohe to be persecuted. The police often punished her by forcing her to stand in the hallway while handcuffed. She was then sent to Radio and Television University and persecuted there for about a month. Her residential street committee fined her 5,000 yuan.

In October 2000, Minzhu Police arrested her and sent her to the Agricultural Machinery School, where she was detained for more than 10 days. Another time she was forced to go to a brainwashing center in the 10th Middle School for about a week.

In December 2000, Ms. Liu again went to Beijing to appeal. The police in Beijing took Ms. Liu to the Qianmen Police Station and then to the Weishan Police Station in Daxing County. She was not allowed to sleep for a whole night and the police took 800 yuan from her.

In 200, shortly before the Chinese New Year, a number of police went to harass Ms. Liu in her home. After the Chinese New Year, several police, including one with the last name of Cheng arrested Ms. Liu and didn't release her until it was dark.

In 2001, Jiaohe City 610 Office director Pan Honglin went to harass Ms. Liu at her workplace and extorted 2,000 yuan.

In February 2004, Police officer Cheng and others arrested Ms. Liu, detaining her in a detention center for 20 days. She was then put into Heizuizi Women Forced Labor Camp, Jilin Province for a year and three months.

Mr. Qu Wangcheng is a Falun Gong practitioner from Xianzhan Town. He's 55 years old and a farm machinery mechanic.

In 2000 Mr. Qu went to appeal in Beijing and was detained for half a month.

In January of 2001, Mr. Qu again went to Beijing. He was arrested and sent to Huanxiling Forced Labor Camp, Jilin City for one year. He was fined 4,500 yuan by the town government.

In October 2004, Mr. Qu was reported for distributing Falun Gong materials and was arrested by police from Jiaohe City and Xinzhan Police Stations. Jiaohe City's “Special Team” for persecuting Falun Gong practitioners (the team captain was deputy director of the police station Zhang Guangyi, and vice captain was Li Hongxiang) ordered two people to torture Ms. Xu. One of them had the last name Yu. They wanted Mr. Qu to tell them where the materials came from. They tied Mr. Qu's legs onto the two legs of a chair; his stomach was against the edge of the back of the chair. They then covered Mr. Qu's wrists (they were afraid that it would leave apparent injuries) and handcuffed him. They tied the handcuffs tightly onto the front legs of the chair and then tightened the ropes by inserting a stick and twisting it. As the rope became tighter and tighter, Mr. Qu felt as if his stomach was cut open by a knife and he could barely breathe. They tortured him like this twice. When he needed to use the restroom to relieve himself, they didn't allow it and in the end he couldn't wait. The police station forced him to turn in 30 yuan for the “written material fee.” Mr. Qu was sent to Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp and detained there for one year. That was the second time that he was forced into labor there.

On June 18, 2012, Mr. Qu was arrested by the Xinzhan Police, and sent to a forced labor camp for one year and three months. This was the third time that he was forced to work.

Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Sun Shuling is Mr. Qu's wife. She was arrested, put into a brainwashing center, and fined by the Xinzhan Town government. The couple were both taken to the Xinzhan Police Station. She was sent to Jilin Women's Forced Labor Camp for one year.

Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Zhang is a retired worker from Xinzhan Alcohol Factory. She's 60 years old. On June 18, 2012, she was arrested by the Xinzhan Police. She was detained for half a month and then sent to the Jilin Women's Forced Labor Camp for one year and three months.

Jiaohe City government:
Hao Zhuang, director of the Police Department and Secretary of the Political Law Department: +86-432-67250707, +86-432-62463333, +86-13904404438(Cell)
“610 Office” Director: Zhang Xiaoming: +86-432-67250856, +86-13943208576

Please refer to the original Chinese text for more names and telephone numbers.