Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Wang Qingsheng's Illnesses Cured after Cultivating in Dafa--Tortured for Nine Years by the CCP

May 17, 2012 |   By a Minghui correspondent from Hunan Province, China

Name: Wang Qingsheng (王庆生)
Gender: Male
Age: 61
Address: Xiangtan City, Hunan Province (湖南省湘潭市)
Occupation: Retired
Date of Most Recent Arrest: February 2, 2002
Most recent place of detention:
Jinshi Prison in Changde (常德津市监狱)
City: Changde
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, extortion, suspended wages, interrogation by torture, brutal beatings, home ransacked, illegal sentencing, forced labor, solitary confinement

(Minghui.org) Falun Gong practitioner Wang Qingsheng finished his illegal nine-year prison term and walked out of the Jinshi Prison in Changde on February 9, 2012. During those nine years, he had been transferred to Changsha Prison, Chishan Prison in Yiyang City, Chenzhou Prison, and Jinshi Prison, and been subjected to a variety of brutal tortures and brainwashing. He always persisted in his belief in Falun Dafa and never gave in.

All Illnesses Disappeared after Cultivating Falun Gong

Mr. Wang is a retired worker from the Second Rod Factory in Xiang Steel Company. Before he cultivated Falun Gong, he had many illnesses, including Meniere's disease, neurasthenia, gastritis and stomach bleeding, duodenitis and bleeding, a lumbar disc hernia, chronic diarrhea, rectal prolapse, chronic laryngitis, chronic colitis media, chronic sinusitis, and other health problems. Almost every year he was sent to the hospital in an ambulance for treatment.

In April 1996, he was fortunate to begin cultivating Falun Gong. He experienced dramatic changes. He truly experienced a light body free of any illness. After taking up the practice, he hasn't spent a penny on any medical treatments and has never taken a sick day.

At work, he taught most of the young apprentices, who then became the backbone of the production company. Mr. Wang embodied the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance to be a good person. He never argued and or fought with others for personal interests. His leaders and colleagues in the factory all acknowledged that he was a genuinely good person.

When Jiang Zemin on July 20, 1999, started the brutal persecution of Falun Gong, Wang, Qingsheng, and his wife went to the city {{610 Office} to clarify the truth. He had written a 15-page letter to the government to tell about his own experience. The officials in the 610 Office said only the central government in Beijing could solve this problem, so he used his vacation time to go and appeal in Beijing. He wanted the government to understand the truth and rectify their mistakes. Instead, he was arrested and detained in the Xiangtan Detention Center for 30 days. Local officials charged him 5,000 yuan to pick him up from Beijing. The CCP also stopped his salary for six months and allowed him only 200 yuan for expenses every month.

Detained Six Times

Between July 20, 1999 and February 2002, Mr. Wang was detained six times. The first time for three months and the second time for six months. When he was int the Miyun County Detention Center in Beijing, three strong police officers, including the deputy chief, the criminal team captain, and a clerk, brutally tortured him by beating him for five hours. They held him down, forced his head to his toes, and put a chair against his back. They sat on the chair and he could not straighten his back. Then they pulled his tie down and tied both his hands tightly. A long stick was then used to lift his hands up as far as possible. It hurt so much that he lost consciousness. The police knew that practitioners did not smoke, so they lit dozens of cigarettes and inserted them into his nostrils. When he could no longer breath through his nose, he began to breath through his mouth. The police then put the lit cigarettes in his mouth, causing him to faint. Then police hit and kicked his head and body for a few hours. They also pinched his face and ears. They said, “If we torture you to death, we won't be responsible for it. We'd just count your death as a suicide.” The police tortured him until 10:00 p.m. that night.


Torture reenactment: Inserting lit cigarettes into a practitioner's nostrils and covering his mouth

In February 2000, under orders from the city 610 Office and Xiang Steel Company Police Department, the Chuzha Factory of the Xiang Steel Company detained him in the factory guesthouse for three months, using the excuse that they were preventing him from going to Beijing to appeal. The factory specifically arranged for six people to monitor him in turn around the clock. The factory also threatened the people who watched him, “If Wang Qingsheng goes to Beijing, you will all lose your jobs.” This was illegal detention.

In early March 2001, when Mr. Wang was in his hometown in Yongzhou to take care of his 78-year-old sick father for three months, police officers Pan Lin and Chen Zhixiang from the Xiang Steel Factory Police Department and the security official of Chuzha Factory, Li Zhanzhou, broke into his home and tried to arrest him. Mr. Wang's father asked, “Why you want to arrest my son? What crime did he commit?” The police said, “You son is the deputy lead of the Falun Gong Xiangtan Practice Site. We are afraid he will go to Beijing again.” Mr. Wang's father said, “Which law tells you to arrest people if you are just afraid that he will go to Beijing? Look at me. I am very sick and it is not easy for me to move around. I need him to take care of me. You cannot arrest him!” The police reported this conversation to their superiors, and the Xiangtan City 610 Office and Xiang Steel Police Department immediately ordered the police to arrest Mr. Wang and take him away.

There were no other relatives to take care of Mr. Wang's father and he soon passed away, alone and in fear, worried about his son. Mr. Wang was detained at the Chuzha Factory security section for six months.

Sentenced to Nine Years in Changsha Prison

Mr. Wang Qingsheng's wife was also sentenced to one year of forced labor because she appealed for Dafa. After she was released, she told the truth about how the Baimalong Women's Forced Labor Camp in Zhuzhou City, Hunan Province, persecuted Falun Gong practitioners. Wang Qingsheng wrote the article “Baimalong Women's Forced Labor Camp in Zhuzhou City, Human Province, Persecutes Falun Gong Practitioners” to publicize the fact that the police in the forced labor camp tortured Falun Gong practitioners to death by severely injuring and disabling them. The domestic security police in the city arrested Mr. Wang on February 2, 2002 and ransacked his home. They stole all his Dafa books, Master's Fa Lecture videotapes and exercises tapes, his exercise-mat, and all the truth-clarifying materials. They also confiscated his motorcycle, cell phone, watch, all his cash, a video recorder, radios, a leather suitcase, and all this valuable personal belongings without giving any receipts.

In January 2003, Mr. Wang Qingsheng was illegally sentenced to nine years in prison by the city 610 Office and the judicial department. He was imprisoned in the second team, second prison district in Changsha Prison. His wife was also sentenced to another three years of forced labor.

In the prison, he was forced to do intense work for 16 hours every day. He had to get up at 6:00 a.m. And work from 6:30 a.m. until 10:30 p.m. If he did not finish his assigned work in time, the guards forced him to work until 11:30 p.m. or 1:00 a.m. Since he refused to wear the prisoner's uniform, the prisoner's number tag, or call out his number or shave his hair, the police detained him in solitary for 15 days. During the last few years, over 20 Falun Gong practitioners who had been imprisoned in Changsha Prison refused to be “transformed.” Most of them were detained in solitary, some of them, more than once.

Because the prison completely failed to “transform” the practitioners, Changsha Prison transferred them in September 2004 to another prison in Hunan Province. Mr. Wang and other practitioners were transferred to Chishan Prison in Yiyang City.

Tortured in Chishan Prison

As soon as they arrived at Chishan Prison, Mr. Wang and other practitioners were detained in a confined room for 15 days. They were then detained in the education section. Since the guards would not allow the practitioners to do the Falun Dafa exercises, all the practitioners began a hunger strike to protest. The guards in the education section blamed Mr. Wang as the leader of the hunger strike and locked him to the window grill in the TV room of the education section during the daytime, and to the head of the bed at night. On the fourth day when Wang Qingsheng was on a hunger strike, the head of the education section ordered several guards and other inmates to hold him down and forcibly put the prisoner's uniform on him. They also held his head and neck and shaved off all of his hair, and took photos of him against his will. The guards and prisoners slandered Dafa and insulted Mr. Wang and other practitioners. On the sixth day of the hunger strike, the education section authorities divided the practitioners into different prison districts. Mr. Wang was assigned to the third team in the fourth prison district. Four prisoners were sent to monitor him in turn around the clock.

One day, political instructor Chen Tiejun from the fourth prison district brought two instructors to talk to Mr. Wang. They asked him not to practice the exercises at night. Wang clarified the truth to the guards calmly. But under Chen Tiejun's order, the two guards started to torture him brutally. They twisted his hands behind his back and held him down. They kicked his legs and knocked him down. Then they pulled him up and down again and again dozens of times. His left knee hit the concrete floor, and he could not stand up due to the pain and swelling. But he still did the exercises.

Persecuted in Chenzhou Prison

By March 2005, Chishan Prison had failed to “transform” their practitioners, and transferred them elsewhere. Mr. Wang and several others were transferred to Chenzhou Prison. Over 20 practitioners were detained in the confined room in the education section on the fifth floor, where they were separated from other guards and prisoners. The guards sent two prisoners to monitor each practitioner around the clock. They did not allow the practitioners to do the exercises or talk. They confiscated all pens and paper and did not allow them to study the Fa or write anything. The classroom was full of slogans slandering Dafa. The guards forcibly brainwashed the practitioners every day. Every time Wang Qingsheng started to do the exercises, a few prisoners immediately forced him to stop. When he talked with other practitioners, collaborators dragged him away. When he clarified the truth to the guards and prisoners, collaborators attacked him.

In August 2005, while enduring this persecution Mr. Wang developed severe symptoms of dizziness, nausea, and vomiting. He lay on the table and could not move. Deputy head of the education section Li ordered a few prisoners to drag him to the hospital. Mr. Wang firmly refused to go, but they managed to drag him to the hospital. On the way he vomited and shouted and struggled in pain. In the hospital, they held him down and gave him an injection.

Persecution in Changde Jinshi Prison

In March 2007, Mr. Wang and some of the other practitioners were transferred again, this time to Changde Jinshi Prison. He was brutally persecuted by the second team from the second prison district until February 2011 when his term end. The second team of Changde Jinshi Prison is the strict enforcement team and is a very evil place for persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. All the practitioners who were imprisoned there were all brutally tortured with beatings, handcuffing and hanging, forced feeding, and having cold water poured over them in the winter.


Torture reenactment: Brutal beating

Even here, Mr. Wang did not give up his faith in Falun Dafa. He refused to be treated like a criminal and would not do forced labor or wear the prison uniform or his number plate. Team leader Wang Jun encouraged inmate Gong Yi to brutally beat Mr. Wang. Gong Yi kicked his body and head, and injured his left face and eye in front of guard Wang Jun. The left side of Mr. Wang's face was very swollen and his left eye socket turned black. He could see a big black dot whenever he looked at things. A few of his teeth on the left side became lose and soon fell out. He told the guard, “You’ve incited this prisoner to beat me, it is you who is breaking the law.” But Wang Jun said, “I am going to torture you to death.”

Wang Qingsheng then told captain Huang Ruilin and deputy caption Zhang that he needed a doctor, but the guards withheld his request and incited the prisoners to closely monitor him. They did not allow him to have pen or paper so he could not write any letters. Even when he wrote a letter, they did not mail it for him. For a few years, he did not receive any letters from his family. He asked to see the warden and the prosecutor. Under his strong righteous thoughts, the guards brought police officer Wang Jun to apologize to him.

Soon after, guard Wang Jun hurt his ankle and he still has trouble walking. Prisoner Gong Yi offended Education Section head Luo, who hung him from a window for a day and then sent him to do forced labor. His term was also extended by six months. The police and the prisoners all knew Wang Jun and Gong Yi had finally received karmic retribution for persecuting Falun Gong practitioners.

Sanitation in the second team in Jinshi Prison was extremely bad, and living conditions were extremely poor. The prisoners all had to do intensive slave labor. The prison shop sold groceries at inflated prices, and the guards followed evil Jiang Zemin’s order to “ruin their reputations, cut them off financially, and destroy them physically” to try and make Falun Gong practitioners give up their beliefs.

In May 2008, Mr. Wang developed symptoms of severe sickness from enduring brutal tortures both physically and mentally. He had extreme pain in his abdomen, his stomach and colon were bleeding, and he had blood in his stool three times every day for six days. He did not eat anything at all for the first four days. On the seventh day, he stopped the bleeding with righteous thoughts. Over the next three months, he could not even eat two ounces of rice and he became extremely thin. His weight dropped to around 40 kilos (88 lbs.). During that time, Wang Jun and the political instructor, Wang Qi, did not allow him to rest for a single day. Instead, they provoked the other prisoners to drag Mr. Wang Qingsheng to the workshop to do the forced labor.

Leaving Prison

On February 9, 2012, Mr. Wang Qingsheng left the prison full of injuries and very ill. He did not have any personal belongings to take. All his property had been confiscated and taken away by the corrupt guards. In 2003, the Xiangtan City 610 Office pressured the Xiangtan City Steel Company to terminate Mr. Wang's contract. Mr. Wang refused to leave. For ten years—since February 2, 2002—he has not received a penny from his retirement wages.

Government Departments that Participated in the Persecution of Mr. Wang:

Xiangtan City Politics And Law Committee and Xiangtan City 610 Office
Xiangtan City Domestic Security Bureau
Xiangtan City Police Department
Xiangtan City Steel Company
Second Rod Factory of Xiangtan City Steel Company Factory
Xiangtan City Steel Company Police Department
Yuhu District Court in Xiangtan
Changsha Prison
Chishan Prison in Yiyang
Chenzhou Prison
Jinshi Prison in Changde

Those responsible for the persecution of Mr. Wang:

Yi Zuo, Xiangtan Steel Company CCP Party secretary
Zhou Haibin, general manager of Xiangtan Steel Company
Wang Shuchun, union chairman of Xiangtan Steel Company
Xiang Yangbo, director of Xiangtan Steel Company Appeal Office
Xu Zhiyong, Xiangtan Steel Company Security Section CCP Party secretary
He Changhui, Party secretary of Second Rod Factory of Xiangtan City Steel Company Factory
Pan Lin, Zhou Xiaoyan, Chen Zhixiang, Xiangtan Steel Company police
Geng Shaoyun, deputy warden of Changsha Prison
Chen Jianjun, guards from fourth prison district, Chishan Prison
Li, deputy chief of the Eduction Section, Chenzhou Prison
Huang Ruilin, team leader of the second prison district, Jinshi
Song Jianjun, deputy captain
Zhang, deputy captain
Wang Jun, team leader of the second team
Wang Qi, political instructor of the second team
Mei Shuangyue, prison instructor
Liu Keyan, guard
Song Jianping, education section guard