Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Gong Qiumin Handcuffed to “Death Bed” in Baishan, Jilin Province

May 10, 2012 |   By a Minghui correspondent in Jilin Province, China

Name: Gong Qiumin (公秋敏 )
Gender: Female
Age: Unknown
Address: Jiangyuan District, Baishan City, Jilin Province ( 吉林省白山市江源区)
: Grocery store owner
Date of Most Recent Arrest
: February 16, 2012
Most Recent Place of Detention
: Detention Center in Jiangyuan District
City: Baishan
Province: Jilin
Persecution Suffered: Brainwashing, torture, force-feedings, extortion, physical restraint, detention

(Minghui.org) On February 16, 2012, after visiting a supermarket on their way home by bus, Falun Gong practitioners Ms. Gong Qiumin and Ms. Xie Yuhong were arrested by Jiangyuan police and held at the Jiangyuan police station. Ms. Gong was chained to a death bed and cruelly force-fed. She almost died. She has returned home, but police officers are continually harassing her.

Ms. Gong owns a family grocery store. In 1999, she began practicing Falun Gong, and became healthy and friendly to others, which made her family happy. When Jiang Zemin and his gang started persecuting Falun Gong in July 1999, Ms. Gong Qiumin and her husband Mr. Zhang Gongchang were arrested and illegally detained many times because they refused to give up their faith.

On February 16, 2012, after Ms. Gong and Ms. Xie were taken to the Jiangyuan police station, officers took their personal belongings, and Ms. Xie's home was ransacked. Her computer, books, and many other personal items were taken. The women were later detained at Jiangyuan District Detention Center, where they were further persecuted.

Torture re-enactment: Death bed

In the detention center, Ms. Gong went on a hunger strike to protest the abuse, which resulted in her being handcuffed and shackled to a death bed. In her weakened condition from not eating for several days, her continuous crying caused the other inmates to beg the guards to release her from the torture device.

Under these circumstances, the guards only removed one of the shackles, but continued force-feeding her. The following day, when someone noticed blood on the rubber feeding tube, she was so afraid that she stopped the force-feeding. Ms. Gong was so badly injured by the force-feeding that she promised to resume eating and asked to be released from the death bed.

Ms. Gong Qiumin's family asked around for help. On February 23, 2012, after prison guards extorted 10,000 yuan from them, Ms. Gong was released on “medical parole.”

From 2001 to 2012, Ms. Gong Qiumin has been illegally detained and sent to forced labor camps four times. She was persecuted and tortured in four different places: Jiangyuan District Detention Center, Baishan City Detention Center, Jiutai Forced Labor Camp in Jilin Province, and Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City. In each place she was either forced to work, handcuffed, or had her face slapped for different reasons. The maltreatment caused her to be physically weak and to suffer different illnesses. After returning home, she continued to cultivate Falun Gong and gradually resumed her normal life and physical health.

However, her latest arrest and persecution by police have caused chest pain and frequent vomiting of blood. The police keep harassing her at home and forced her family to monitor her activities; she has lost all freedom in her life.

The following people are responsible:

Wang Ying, chief of police: +86-13704493001
Wang Zhun, police station instructor: +86-13943998828
Zhang Congli, Jiangyuan District State Security Brigade captain: +86-13943925859
Xie Wenqing, deputy captain: +86-13514397178
Qui, Third Detention Center chief: +86-13304495818, +86-13904495818
Center Chief Zhang, in charge of logistics: +86-13843968407
Geng Lixin, police officer: +86-13943993766