(Clearwisdom.net) Editors' Note: In both Western and Chinese culture, the principle of karmic retribution, that is, being held ultimately accountable for one's own actions, is widely accepted. The fundamental teaching of Falun Gong is the characteristic of the universe, "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance." The universe will reward actions that are in harmony with this principle, while actions such as beating, torturing and murdering people will incur karmic retribution. Stated another way, good deeds will be rewarded with good, while evildoings will meet due retribution. Articles such as this one are meant as a compassionate reminder of this principle to those who would commit wrongdoing. While many of those who persecute Falun Gong are merely "following orders," the universal law requires that they too be held responsible for their actions, and that only by reversing their course of wrongdoing may they escape retribution.
Many Chinese Communist Party officials and agents involved in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners have subsequently met with ill fates. The following are some examples that have taken place in Jiujiang County, Jiangxi Province, in the last few years.
Met with illness and death
Jiujiang County 610 Office head Li Jianhua fanatically persecuted Falun Gong practitioners. He is responsible for the deaths of practitioners Zhang Maoxin and Fei Weidong, who died as a result of torture. Li Jianhua refused to listen to practitioners who clarified the facts about Falun Gong and the persecution to him. He died from internal bleeding at the age of 45.
Along with Li Jianhua, Political Security Section head Wang Jiazhi was actively involved in the brainwashing facility set up to persecute practitioners. Wang Jiazhi contracted cancer and died in 2002.
Han Weiya from the police department took part in arresting practitioners from Yongan Township, Jiujiang County, who went to make appeals in Beijing. She died in 2007.
He Jingang from the Yongan Township Police Station developed symptoms of a stroke and nearly died.
Former Jiujiang County Police Department head Wang Bin was severely injured in a car accident.
Many believe that the ill fates these persecutors suffered are examples of karmic retribution; that good deeds meet with good returns, while evil deeds are met with evil returns; that such is the nature of the universe.
Detained and interrogated
On October 17, 2011, the homes of Jiujiang County Police Department head Wu Zhengyang and Political Legal Committee head Lu Longlai were ransacked. The authorities detained and interrogated both officials. Subsequently, Jiujiang County Domestic Security Division head Wei Qiang, former Saichenghu Political and Legal Committee head Liu Kai, local police station head Mei Jihua, and others were detained and interrogated.
Jiujiang County deputy head Yu Jusheng took an active role in persecuting practitioners when she held the position in 2001. Later, she was sentenced to 10 years and 6 months in prison for corruption.
Liu Xiaolai actively participated in the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners during his tenure in Yongan Township. He was detained and interrogated in 2010.
Partial list of crimes committed
The following are partial facts about the crimes committed by those listed above and others involved in the persecution in Jiujiang County:
1. Lu Longlai, over 40 years old, is from Yongan Village, Jiujiang County, Jiangxi Province. He was Jiujiang County 610 Office head, as well as deputy head of the police department, beginning in 2002. He was involved in persecuting practitioners during his tenure. Many practitioners in Jiujiang County were sent to forced labor camps, sentenced to jail, had funds extorted from them, and had their homes ransacked. Lu Longlai was directly connected with these crimes.
In October 2005, the owner of the Yongfeng Car Dealership reported practitioner Mr. Fei Zhongrun for clarifying the facts of the persecution. Mr. Fei subsequently died from brutal beatings at the Jiujiang County Police Department. As the deputy head, Lu Longlai cannot shirk his responsibility for Mr. Fei's death.
2. Wu Zhengyang, present head of the Jiujiang County Police Department, was transferred to Jiujiang County in July 2009. During his tenure in Hukou County and the Lushan District, he frequently participated in arresting and persecuting practitioners.
3. Wei Qiang, over 30 years old, is the head of the Jiujiang County Domestic Security Division. Since taking office at the end of 2007, he has been involved in persecuting practitioners on many occasions.
On December 16, 2007, three practitioners in Jiujiang County were reported for clarifying the facts about Falun Gong. The police took two of them to the Jiujiang County Detention Center. Their homes were ransacked. Later on, officials extorted several thousand yuan from their families. Wei Qiang and Domestic Security Division agents are responsible for these crimes.
On January 2, 2008, Yongquan Township Police Station agents arrested practitioners Tian Haiying, Zhou Meili, and Huang Jinrong. Wei Qiang arranged for them to be taken to the county detention center. Zhou Meili was then sent to the Jiangxi Women's Forced Labor Camp. Wei Qiang and agents from the 610 Office were the perpetrators.
On April 28, 2008, Xunyang District Domestic Security Division agents in Jiujiang City arrested practitioner Liu Yizhi. Wei Qiang and a group of police officers also broke into Mr. Liu's house. Mr. Liu was subsequently sentenced to two years in prison.
In May 2008, Saichenghu Police Station agents arrested many practitioners in Jiujiang County while these practitioners were studying Falun Gong books. Only one practitioner was released. The rest were sent to forced labor camps. Wei Qiang and others from the 610 Office were responsible for their arrests.
Practitioner Li Yilong was arrested at home on the morning of April 29, 2009, and subsequently held at the Ruichang Detention Center for six months. Wei Qiang, Fan Kang from Ruichang City Domestic Security Division, and officers from the Yongquan Police Station were responsible for the arrest.
Li Ming from the Xunyang District Domestic Security Division and Wei Qiang led other agents to arrest practitioner Tian Haiying on the afternoon of November 20, 2009. Wei Qiang actively participated in the arrest and led the way. Tian Haiying was subsequently sent to a forced labor camp.
4. Jiujiang County Domestic Security Division head Chen Tao collaborated with 610 Office agents to prevent practitioners from clarifying the facts about the persecution and participated in arresting those who handed out brochures.
5. Mei Jinhua is the former Saichenghu Police Station head in Jiujiang County. He and eight other police officers arrested seven practitioners who were studying the Falun Gong teachings at practitioner Gui Baihua's home on May 7, 2008. Only one of the practitioners was released in the early hours of the morning. The other six practitioners were taken to the Jiujiang County Detention Center the next afternoon. These practitioners were eventually sent to a forced labor camp.