Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Li Jifeng from Chongqing Mentally Unstable After Eight Years of Persecution

November 09, 2012 |   By a Minghui correspondent from Chongqing

Name: Li Jifeng (李基凤)
Gender: Female
Age: 58
Address: Beibei District of central Chongqing City, Sichuan Province
Occupation: n/a
Date of Most Recent Arrest: May 28, 2003
Most Recent Place of Detention: Yongchuan Women's Prison (永川女子监狱)
Detention City:
Detention Province:
Persecution Suffered:
Forced labor, brainwashing, illegal sentencing, beatings, hanging by handcuffs, imprisonment, torture, force-feedings, physical restraint, interrogation, detention.

(Minghui.org) Ms. Li Jifeng is from Beibei District, Chongqing City, Sichuan Province. She was sent to the Mao Jiashan Women's Forced Labor Camp for 18 months in 2000. The persecution there caused her to become mentally unstable. After she was released and could practice Falun Gong again, she returned to normal within a month.

However, she was arrested by agents of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) in 2003, and illegally sentenced to eight years in the Yongchuan Women's Prison. She was persecuted so brutally that she again became mentally unstable and lost most of her eyesight. She was released in July 2011, but hasn't recovered from the damage she suffered.

Ms. Li is now 58 years old. She began practicing Falun Gong in 1995 and followed the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. She understood the importance of caring for others and being a good person.

When the persecution began on July 20, 1999, the Chinese Communist Party began broadcasting lies about Falun Gong and persecuting its practitioners. When she tried to tell people what Falun Gong really was, she was arrested. This happened many times. In January 2000 she wanted to go to Beijing to appeal to higher authorities. She was arrested and detained at the local Beibei Detention Center until April 3, 2000 before being allowed to go home.

On April 30, 2000, the Beibei 610 Office started a brainwashing center with the purpose of trying to force Falun Gong practitioners to give up their practice. Ms. Li Jifeng was among the nine Falun Gong practitioners taken to the brainwashing center for a month.

In June 2000 Ms. Li went with some local practitioners to Beijing to display Falun Gong banners. She was arrested on July 2, 2000 and detained at Beijing Xicheng Detention Center. Later in July she was transferred to Beibei District Detention Center. After approximately three months she was sent to Mao Jiashan Women's Forced Labor Camp for 18 months, where she was brutally beaten, force-fed, and was subjected to other tortures designed to force her to give up Falun Gong. After 15 months at the camp she was so mentally disoriented that her family members were called to bring her home. She was able to practice Falun Gong at home, and she recovered fully after one month.

On May 28, 2003, while she was preparing truth-clarifying materials at home, police officers arrested her and took her to the CCP Party School in Beibei District. There, officers Min Jun and others took turns beating her. The purpose was to force her to tell them everything she knew about the preparation of truth-clarifying materials. Her entire face and body were badly injured. She was even hung from a window by her handcuffed wrists.

Li Jifeng and two other Falun Gong practitioners, Wang Guanglin and Wang Chaxing, were transferred to Beibei District Addiction Treatment Center in August 2003. There, drug addicts were used to abuse the practitioners. The drug addicts used a variety of torture methods. For example, they would place a person's upper body face down on a bed with his hands handcuffed behind his back, then stand on the bed and repeatedly kick the person.

Another torture method used was to remove a person's pants and then beat and kick his lower body. Another approach was to select a sensitive spot on the leg and kick it repeatedly. These are some of the ways they mistreated the practitioners.

Li was detained at Beibei District Detention Center on October 29, 2003, and was later sentenced in court to eight years in prison. In March of 2004 Li appealed to the Beibei District Court. A hearing was held some time between May and July of 2004. Li told the court that cultivation was not against the law and that Falun Dafa was a good cultivation system, but the district court did not change her sentence.

Li was transferred to Yongchuan Women's Prison on December 13, 2008. For eight years she was subjected to a variety of physical and mental tortures. Her left eye is completely blind and her right eye has ten percent vision. Most of her front teeth are gone and she has reduced mental capacity. In 2010 her family requested medical parole, but were denied on the grounds that she is a Falun Gong practitioner.

She was released after eight years and two months, on July 31, 2011. Even though she is back home, her diminished vision makes her susceptible to falling. She lives a difficult life and is still suffering mentally.