Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Exposing the Torture of Falun Gong Practitioners in Chengdu City Women's Prison

October 28, 2012 |   By a Minghui correspondent from Sichuan Province

(Minghui.org) Chengdu City Women's Prison is located in Hongan Town, Longquan County. In each room of a 6-floor building, a Falun Gong practitioner is detained and tightly monitored by 2 prisoners, 24 hours a day. Practitioners do not have enough food, and are not allowed to practice the Falun Gong exercises, talk to others, or step outside the room. Even their bathroom use is restricted. They have to get up by 6:30 a.m. and cannot go to bed until 12 a.m. They are punished the entire day by being forced to stand or sit without moving, facing a wall, and being forcibly brainwashed.

1. Ms. Luo Fang and Ms. Hu Runlian from Leshan City are persecuted

Ms. Luo Fang, 41 years old, is from Shawan Town, Leshan City. She has been imprisoned for 12 years because she has remained steadfast in her spiritual belief, Falun Gong. In December 2002, officers illegally arrested her, took her to Leshan City Police Department and forced her to abort her eight-month unborn baby by injection. When she woke up, she could not stand up. She suffered inhuman torture in the detention center and as a result, her legs were paralyzed. Currently, she can't even take care of herself.

It was learned that Ms. Luo was raped when she was in prison. Until 2009, as a form of torture, she was made to sit on a chair. On October 11, 2010, Ms. Luo was forced to endure brainwashing. At the end of October, Liao Qunfang, the chief of No.2 Division, took away all her jackets, winter coats and winter pants. On November 24, 2011, the prisoners claimed that Ms. Luo hit them even though she was very weak. She was then taken to the group which was being strictly and inhumanly treated for 3 months.

Hu Runlian, about 55 years old, was sent to a forced labor camp for one year the first time she was illegally arrested, 2 years the second time, and three years in prison the third time. In December 2008, she was illegally arrested for the fourth time and sentenced to 5 years in prison. In July 2009, she was sent to Chengdu Women's Prison. In 2010 after the New Year, guards instructed prisoners to torture her by forcing her to stand still all day every day and did not allow her to sleep. On October 10, 2011, Hu Ruanlian was subjected to brainwashing. Liao Qufang took away her winter jackets and pants. At the beginning of 2012, she was sent to a special group where she was strictly and inhumanly tortured.

Hu Runlian and Luo Fang were tortured in the fourth floor bathroom of a building in the 2nd Division in July 2012. From August 2009 to July 2012, many practitioners who were detained in the 2nd Division have been tortured in this bathroom. The window of the bathroom is covered with a black cloth. Prisoners were instructed to take turns torturing practitioners 24 hours a day. Guards instructed someone to write statements of giving up practicing Falun Gong. As long as practitioners printed their fingerprints on this statement, they would be released from this bathroom.

2. Ms. Wen Yuechao from Panzhihua City is persecuted

Ms. Wen Yuechao, 49 years old, was a teacher at Xinhua Middle School in Panzhihua City. On July 8, 2008 between 9:00 and 11:00 p.m., officers Huang Yongjing from Panzhihua City Police Department and Xui Fuli from Renhe District Police Department led over 10 policemen to forcibly open Ms. Wen's door with a metal tool and take many of her personal belongs. They then took her to the Renhe District Police Department for interrogation.

On July 9, police head Chen from Renhe District Police Department brutally beat Ms. Wen and then sent her to Wanyaoshu Detention Center in Panzhihua City. On September 16, policeman Huang Yongjing and others brought Ms. Wen to the interrogation room. Ms. Wen refused to answer any questions. As a result, she was brutally beaten by officer Sun Zhiwen. Her right leg was bleeding, her face and neck were all black and blue. At 1:00 a.m. on September 17, officer Duan Qin from the city police department hung Ms. Wen up in the interrogation room with her hands bound behind her back and her toes barely touching the floor.

On February 25, 2009, Wen Yuechao was sentenced 4 years in prison. On April 2 she was sent to Chengdu Women's Prison. In the middle of May, Gao Yan brought the “three statements” to quit practicing Falun Gong and told Ms. Wen to sign it. Ms. Wen refused, so Zhang Jia held her back, and Guo Dingmin grabbed her thumb and forced her to place her fingerprint on the statement.

Between April and May in 2010, because Ms. Wen refused to have her photo taken, Liao Qunfang instructed prisoners to hang her up in the hallway and then took her photo.

On February 11, 2011, Ms. Wen was sent to the tightly monitored group for further torture. She slept on the wet cement floor. The door was always kept open to let the cold wind blow in all day, and she was forced to stand without moving from 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

In the middle of April 2011, Ms. Wen Yuechao refused to cooperate with guards to do team exercises. Prisoner Huang Xiaoling and Lu Ji carried her to the parade ground. Rem Linzhi, the team leader of 2nd division, kicked her, while policewoman Li Xueqiong beat her with a spiked wooden stick. They detained Ms. Wen in the tightly monitored group until May 6, 2011. The entire time Ms. Wen had to sleep on the wet cement floor.

On October 10, 2011, the prison gathered all practitioners who had not been “transformed” to brainwash them. On October 11, Liang Ping, the head of 2nd Division, instructed prisoners Tang Xiaoxia, Wu Xiaoling and Yu Dehong to press Wen Yuechao down on the ground. Tang Xiaoxia stuffed Ms. Wen's mouth with her smelly socks and sat on her belly. The three prisoners forcibly held Ms. Wen's thumb to fingerprint the “three statements” they had written. Afterwards, they carried Ms. Wen back to the cell. Ms. Wen went on a hunger strike for 3 days to protest what they had done.

On December 15, 2011, prisoner Wen Suzhen knew that the temperature would drop to -6 degrees celsius the next day, so she put Ms. Wen's winter clothes in water while Ms. Wen was sleeping. Later, under the instructions of guards Wei Ying and Liao Qunfang, Wen Suzhen took away Ms. Wen's winter clothes. Throughout the entire winter in 2011, Wen Suzhen opened the window of the cell and forced Ms. Wen to sit beside the window so the cold wind would blow on her. They intended to transfer Ms. Wen.

Between November 5, 2011 and July 6, 2012, Wen Yuechao was detained in a bathroom. She could not move without permission. Until July 7, 2012, right before Ms. Wen was released, guard Liao Qunfang threatened her that she couldn't go back home unless she wrote the “three statements”.

Contact information of related perpetrators:
Chendu Women's Prison: +86-28-84898358
No. 2 Division: +86-28-84698101
Guard Li Xueqiong: +86-13568945059 (Cell)
Guard Lu Qiaoxia: +86-13980872166 (Cell)
Team head Liao Xiaohong: +86-13880761144 (Cell), +86-28-89565707
(For more perpetrators' contact information, please refer to the original Chinese article)