Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Persecution of Falun Gong in Huai'an County, Hebei (Part 2)

August 31, 2011 |   By a Clearwisdom correspondent from Hebei Province, China

(Clearwisdom.net) Like those in the rest of China, Falun Gong practitioners in Huai'an County, Hebei Province, lost a peaceful and safe environment to practice their spiritual belief ever since the Communist government unconstitutionally banned Falun Gong in July 1999. The following are but a few examples of the persecution in Huai'an County.

Continued from Part 1: ( http://clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2011/8/30/127762.html )

  1. Falun Gong Practitioner Zhao Xinde Illegally Arrested Multiple Times, Subjected to Persecution in Brainwashing Center

Mr. Zhao Xinde started practicing Falun Gong in 1996. Mr. Zhao previously suffered from multiple illnesses, but his health improved dramatically after starting the practice.

The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began persecuting Falun Gong on July 20, 1999. Mr. Zhao couldn't understand why the government suddenly didn't allow people to participate in such a good practice. On December 7, 2000, he and a few other practitioners went to Beijing to appeal to the authorities to stop the persecution. They were arrested before reaching their destination – Tiananmen Square, and were taken to a County Detention Center in a Beijing suburb.

Mr. Zhao and other practitioners protested the illegal detention and persecution by going on a hunger strike. They were then force-fed by the police and were detained for four days. On the last day of detention, officers took Mr. Zhao and his fellow practitioners to the countryside and abandoned them, leaving them cold and hungry. They found a hotel and stayed there for a night. The next day, Mr. Zhao and a practitioner from Harbin returned to Beijing to appeal again. They shouted “Falun Dafa is good!” on Tiananmen Square. Two officers came and kicked them to the ground. They then pushed them into a police vehicle and took them to the County Detention Center in the Beijing suburb. Officers interrogated them that evening, and they were subjected to torture, including beating, handcuffing, and being forced to stand and squat for long hours. They were detained for four days.

After returning home, Mr. Zhao was harassed by the local officials. One night when Mr. Zhao and his family were sleeping, village committee member Zhao Yide and township government official Zhao Haide scaled a wall, jumped into the yard and broke into Mr. Zhao's house. They called the Township Government office to file a report. Mr. Zhao's elderly mother was terribly frightened.

On December 3, 2002, Mr. Zhao Xinde was arrested again, this time by four officers from the township police department. He was detained for 15 days.

One morning in late July 2005, four policemen forced their way into Mr. Zhao's house. He was held in the county detention center for seven days, then transferred to Shalingzi Detention Center in Zhangjiakou to undergo further persecution.

  1. Mr. Zhou Fuguo

Since the persecution of Falun Gong began on July 20, 1999, CCP officials regularly harassed Mr. Zhou Fuguo at his home. On June 9, 2001, Mr. Zhou had just returned home from doing farm work in his field, when local CCP officials and police broke into his house and took him to the Fourth Tun Brainwashing Center. He was prevented from talking for three days, and was continuously monitored even when going to the bathroom. Officials ordered him to write a repentance statement and step on photos of Teacher Li. Officials extorted 550 yuan from him prior to his release.

  1. Ms. Qiao Yufu

In November 2004, Ms. Qiao Yufu was illegally detained for 15 days, and then extorted for 280 yuan. In August 2005, Ms. Qiao was detained in a brainwashing center for seven days, and then extorted for 400 yuan.

  1. Falun Gong Practitioners Ms. An Ruifang, Ms. Zhao Guilan and Ms. Wang Bianmei from Xiwanbao Township Persecuted

In May 2003, practitioners Ms. An Ruifang and Ms. Zhao Guilan were out informing the public about the persecution of Falun Gong in China. They were seen by police chief Wang Zhenli from the Xiwanbao Township Police Station, and subsequently arrested and taken to the Yangyuan County Detention Center. Ms. An vomited several times during her detention, and was taken to a hospital. She was required to pay 200 yuan for medical expenses. Ms. An's husband previously suffered from cirrhosis of the liver, but he had recovered and was now healthy. Due to his anxiety about his wife's safety, he lost consciousness several times. Ms. An was detained for over 20 days, and officials extorted 5,500 yuan as a requirement for her release. Her house was ransacked and Falun Gong books were confiscated. A few days after Ms. An returned home, her husband passed away.

Ms. Zhao Guilan was also detained for over 20 days. The Falun Gong books in her home were confiscated by the police, who also extorted 5,500 yuan from her. Officers from the Xiwanbao Police Station and village officials harassed her often. Ms. Zhao developed breast cancer while subjected to this pressure. During the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, officers went to Ms. Zhao's home and harassed her again. Ms. Zhao passed away in October 2008.

In May 2003, officers from the Xiwanbao Township Police Station also broke into practitioner Ms. Wang Bianmei's house. Ms. Wang was held in the Yangyuan County Detention Center for over 20 days. Officials extorted 5,500 yuan from her, and she was then taken to the Fourth Tun Brainwashing Center.

  1. Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Niu Xiuhua, Age 66, Persecuted Multiple Times

Ms. Niu Xiuhua is 66 years old. She began practicing Falun Gong in 1997. Ms. Niu was harassed regularly by CCP officials and prevented from living a peaceful life. In 2001, like many other Falun Gong practitioners, Ms. Niu was taken to a brainwashing center.

On the evening of June 9, 2001, village committee member Yuan Jun led a group of ten local town officials, forcing their way into Ms. Niu's home. She was taken to the Fourth Tun Brainwashing Center for “transformation”. Ms. Niu was detained for three days, and officials extorted 550 yuan from her. Chinese Communist Party official Yu Fenge played a role in the persecution.

In October 2001 during the time of the 16th National Party Congress, Ms. Niu was again held in the county detention center for two weeks. Village official Chen Manhe was responsible for taking the leading role in her arrest and detention. Officials extorted 300 yuan from Ms. Niu. The living expenses of 100 yuan sent to Ms. Niu by her family was taken by detention center official Yan.

In 2003, Ms. Niu and her niece traveled to other areas in order to inform the public about the persecution of Falun Gong. She was reported to officials, and then taken to the county police department. She was detained there for three months, and officials extorted 4,000 yuan from her. Zhang Qing from the local town police station directed the village committee members to extort an additional 1,900 yuan from Ms. Niu. Village official Chen Manhe and 610 Office official Si Xiaoming forced entry into Ms. Niu's house and confiscated Falun Dafa books, audio tapes and a radio. The door locks were damaged by Chen and Si.

Officials attempted to take Ms. Niu to the Gaoyang Detention Center in Baoding, Hebei, however, detention center officials refused to receive Ms. Niu, since she was in poor physical condition. They then took her to the Shalingzi Brainwashing Center in Zhangjiakou. Zhang Xiuqin. Li Yugen and Meng Xingxing were responsible for carrying out the persecution, and were assisted by Lu and Zhou. Officials extorted over 400 yuan and a month's living expenses from Ms. Niu. She was persecuted at the brainwashing center for over 20 days.