(Clearwisdom.net) Today's news from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 18 cities or counties in 9 provinces. In this report, 13 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 15 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Beijing] Mr. Lao Tang and Mr. Zhang Haoyu Sent to Forced Labor Camp
Mr. Lao Tang, in his 50s, and Mr. Zhang Haoyu, in his 40s and from Mayu Village, Shijingshan District, were taken away from their homes by officers from the Shijingshan Police Department on June 22, 2011. They were recently sent to labor camps. Mr. Zhang is being detained in the Xinan Forced Labor Camp in Daxing, Beijing.
2. [Changchun, Jilin Province] Ms. Si Ruijing and Two Other Falun Gong Practitioners Arrested
Ms. Si Ruijing and two other practitioners were arrested by officers from the Mengjia Police Station and the Caoyang Police Department on the night of August 11, 2011. Their whereabouts are unknown.
3. [Jiaozhou, Shandong Province] Mr. Li Yuzhen and Other Practitioners Sentenced
Mr. Li Yuzhen and Mr. Song Yingzhan were sentenced to three years in prison while Mr. Yang Zongquan and Mr. Song Guilan were sentenced to four years.
4. [Fuchen County, Hebei Province] Ms. Wang Shihong Recently Taken to the Hengshui City Detention Center
5. [Zibo, Shandong Province] Ms. Lu Lihua Persecuted
Ms. Shang Lin from the Boshan District was released after the police extorted 15,000 yuan from her family. Zhang Xingguo and Yin Dachen from the Domestic Security Division rushed into the home of her mother, Ms. Lu Lihua, and ransacked it. They also took Ms. Lu to the Domestic Security Division. On the next day, Ms. Lu was found to have heart disease and diabetes. She was released only after the police extorted 10,000 from her family.
6. [Weifang, Shandong Province] Ms. Zhang Yongmei and Ms. Han Guilan Arrested
Ms. Zhang Yongmei and Ms. Han Guilan from the Kuiwen District were arrested by officers from the Liyuan Police Station while they talked to people about Falun Gong on the night of August 13, 2011. The two practitioners are now in the Weifang Detention Center.
7. [Beijing] Ms. Mei Xuehong Being Detained in the Beijing First Detention Center
Beijing First Detention Center: +86-10-87395170, +86-10-87395162
8. [Chengdu, Sichuan Province] Ms. Li Xiuying Forced to Become Homeless
Ms. Li Xiuying went to Shuijing Village, Xiushui Town, An County, Mianyang City, Sichuan Province, to visit her relatives. She was reported to the police because she talked to people about Falun Gong. On August 12, 2011, officers from the Xiushui Domestic Security Division went to her relatives’ home and demanded to know where she was. Ms. Li was forced to become homeless.
Jinjiang District Police Station in Chengdu: +86-28-86406144
Sansheng Township Police Station in Chengdu: +86-28-84675596
Xiushui Police Station: +86-816-4661559
9. [Hailin, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Tan Yubo Arrested
Mr. Tan Yubo was arrested by officers from the Hailin Third Police Station while talking to people about Falun Gong on August 7, 2011. He was taken to the Domestic Security Division and his home was ransacked.
Chief Office of the Hailin Third Police Station: +86-453-7230913
10. [Tonghua, Jilin Province] Mr. Ye Yongchang Severely Tortured at the Jilin Prison
Mr. Ye Yongchang, 56, was detained in the Fifth Division of Jilin Prison before July 25, 2011. He was then transferred to the brainwashing center, which is in Jilin Prison. On August 3, 2011, he was under strict surveillance.
11. [Qingyun County, Shandong Province] Additional Information about Ms. Li Shujing's Recent Arrest
Ms. Li Shujing was reported to police for distributing Shen Yun DVDs and talking to people about Falun Gong on June 11, 2011. She was arrested by officers from the Qingyun 610 Office and detained in the Qingyun Detention Center. Several days later, the Qingyun 610 Office sent her to the Jinan Women’s Forced Labor Camp for a 15-month term.
Chen Jingli, director of the Police Department: +86-13305341355
Liu Dianzhi, deputy director: +86-18953428688
Li Guangrong from the 610 Office: +86-18953428009
Li Furui: +86-13365447619
Yao Wenguo: +86-13356272816
12. [Dalian, Liaoning Province] Ms. Zou Yumin Arrested
Ms. Zou Yumin was arrested on Weti Street, Ganjinzi, by Domestic Security officers on the afternoon of June 25, 2011. She is being detained in the Yaojia Detention Center.
13. [Nongan County, Jilin Province] More Than Ten Practitioners Arrested Recently
Recently, the Nongan Police Department dispatched a large number of officers to follow and harass Falun Gong practitioners. They seized more than ten practitioners, including Mr. Feng Shiguang, Mr. Feng Dianhua, and Ms. Ma Shurong. Some of them are being detained in the lockup center and some are in the brainwashing center in the Zhongying Hotel.
14. [Yanbian, Jilin Province] Mr. Sun Zelin Recently Taken Away from His Home by Police and His Home Ransacked
15. [Macheng, Hubei Province] Ms. Sun Yanping Arrested in Boluo, Huizhou on July 16, 2011, and Now in the Boluo County Detention Center
16. [Shandong Province] Mr. Liu Yun Detained in the Jishu Brainwashing Center
Mr. Liu Yun from Linpan, Shengli Oil Field, was taken away from his home on August 3, 2011. He is being detained in the Jishu Brainwashing Center in the Shengli Oil Field.
17.. [Shandong Province] Mr. Lao Tian Arrested
Mr. Lao Tian lives near the Taozhuang Coal Mine of the Zaozhuang Mine Administration Bureau in Shandong Province. He was arrested by the local police on August 9, 2011, and his home was ransacked.
18. [Yancheng, Jiangsu Province] Ms. Qian Fengcheng and Ms. Wang Cuiying Detained in a Brainwashing Center
73-year-old Ms. Qian Fengcheng from Xinxing Town, Yancheng, was arrested and is being detained in a brainwashing center. Ms. Wang Cuiying is still in the brainwashing center
19. [Yueyang, Hunan Province] Mr. Wang Hongbo Beaten by Police
Mr. Wang Hongbo, in his 70s, was persecuted by officers from the Junshan District 610 Office many times. On the morning of August 12, 2011, he and his niece's husband, Mr. Cai Junming, were taken to the Chengshan Town Police Station in the Junshan District. Mr. Wang was beaten and his home was ransacked. The police took a DVD player, a cell phone, two MP3 players, and about 9000 yuan in cash. Mr. Wang was released at 5 p.m. (http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2011/8/16/七旬老人王洪波遭岳阳市警察殴打-245455p.html)
20. [Bayan County, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Sun Xue Becomes Homeless
Five or six plainclothes policemen went to the supermarket owned by Mr. Sun Xue on the morning of August 11, 2011. They deceived Mr. Sun into coming outside and dragged him into a police vehicle. His wife and mother-in-law saw the incident and went out to get Mr. Sun back. During the course of dragging him back and forth, Mr. Sun managed to escape. The police then took Mr. Sun's wife to the Bayan First Police Station after they found Mr. Sun missing. (http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2011/8/16/黑龙江巴彦县残疾军人孙学被迫害流离失所-245434.html)