Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Feng Qi Dies as a Result of Persecution in Suzhou No. 3 Prison, Anhui Province

August 18, 2011 |   By a Clearwisdom correspondent from Anhui Province, China

Name: Feng Qi (冯琪)
Gender: Male
Age: 48
Address: Sanshitou Town, Changfeng County, Hefei City, Anhui Province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Death: July 31, 2011
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
March 1, 2008
Most Recent Place of Detention:
Suzhou No. 3 Prison
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, home ransacked, extortion, illegal sentencing, imprisonment, electric shock, brutal beatings, brainwashing

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Feng Qi was illegally arrested on March 1, 2008. His home was ransacked, his computer and motorcycle were confiscated, and he was taken to the Changfeng County Detention Center.

Mr. Feng was sentenced to three years in a forced labor camp, and was later transferred to the Suzhou No. 3 Prison. When practitioners arrive at the prison, they are immediately put in the intensive persecution team. As one guard stated, they want to put psychological pressure on the practitioners as much as possible. If practitioners are seen doing any of the Falun Gong exercise movements, they are immediately shackled, shocked with electric batons, or subjected to severe beatings. Their meals are restricted to one-third of the normal daily amount, and the quality of the food is extremely poor. Practitioners are also forced to perform military style exercises.

Torture re-enactment: Shocked with electric batons

After one week in the intensive persecution team, guards Tang Chuanyou and Huang Qijun take practitioners to another team to escalate the persecution. They are forced to watch videos and read materials slandering Falun Gong. Whenever practitioners refuse, Tang and Huang order inmates to beat them. When these measures fail to force practitioners to give up their beliefs, the guards shock the practitioners with electric batons for long periods of time.

Mr. Feng was left physically disabled as a result of the torture he endured. He developed extensive swelling in his abdomen, cirrhosis of the liver, and edema. His family demanded that the prison authorities release him due to his poor physical condition, but they refused. When he was finally released on March 1, 2011, agents from the county and town 610 Office continually harassed him. Mr. Feng Qi passed away on July 31, 2011.