Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Huang Wei from Huazhou City, Guangdong Province Dies as a Result of Torture

July 01, 2011 |   By a Clearwisdom correspondent from Guangdong Province, China

Name: Huang Wei (黄伟)
Gender: Male
Age: 44
Address: Heping Farm area in Huazhou, Guangdong
Occupation: Owner of a small book store
Date of Death: April 29, 2011
Date of Most Recent Arrest: April 6, 2009
Most Recent Place of Detention: Sanshui Forced Labor Camp (三水劳教所)
City: Huazhou
Province: Guangdong
Persecution Suffered: Electric shock, sleep deprivation, forced labor, brainwashing, illegal sentencing, forced injections/drug administration, beatings, solitary confinement, torture, force-feedings, physical restraint, mental hospital, home ransacked, interrogation, detention, denial of restroom use, denied visitation
Key Persecutors: Ya Sheng, Ya Xiu, Ya Hai and We Guihua

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Huang Wei was a resident of Huazhou city, Guangdong Province. Since he refused to renounce Falun Gong, he was repeatedly arrested and detained, and was sentenced to forced labor three times. On April 17, 2011, when he was released from the labor camp, he was emaciated and had a mental disorder. He passed away 12 days later at the age of 44.

Repeated Arrests

On August 24, 2004, when Mr. Huang was working at his own small bookstore, the police from the Huazhou Domestic Security Division and Heping Police Station, including Ya Sheng, Ya Xiu, Ya Hai and We Guihua came and arrested him. Mr. Huang was first detained at the police station and then sent to a brainwashing center in the Maoming City Law Enforcement School. After being held in the brainwashing center for more than 20 days, he was transferred to the Huazhou No. 2 Detention Center.

Mr. Huang was later sentenced to forced labor and sent to the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp in Guangdong. He had been detained in the “strictly-guarded” section and suffered brutal torture for 15 days. On October 28, 2004, he was transferred to another section and brutally persecuted. After two months, Mr. Huang began a hunger strike to protest the inhumane treatment. At the beginning of 2005, he was brutally force-fed in the camp hospital. Shortly after Mr. Huang resumed his meals, the camp guards had instigated inmates to beat him. He started another hunger strike to protest the beatings. However, shortly after he stopped the hunger strike, he was confined to a solitary cell where he was twice shocked with electric batons. He had no choice but to start another hunger strike. On the second afternoon after his hunger strike, he was taken to a room and shocked with electric batons again. He was moved back into a solitary cell afterwards. He was shocked three more times during the days that followed. Mr. Huang became dehydrated after the torture and he was force-fed, and started to foam at the mouth after the force-feeding.

On June 17, 2006, Mr. Huang was again sent to the “strictly-guarded” section. He again began a hunger strike. He was force-fed in the camp hospital for more than a month. On December 20, 2006, he was released, but the local police often came to his home to harass and threaten him.

On May 8, 2008, officials from the Huazhou 610 Office and the local police officers arrested him again and sent him to a brainwashing center in Maoming. He was later released.

At around 8:30 a.m. on April 6, 2009, Mr. Huang was arrested again and sent to the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp. Since he still refused to renounce Falun Gong, he was brutally tortured. He was forced to sit still on a small stool for a long period of time. Two inmates were ordered to guard him when he was detained in the solitary cell. In March 2011, the camp guard put unknown drugs in his food at every meal. He felt very uncomfortable after eating and began to lose weight quickly. At the beginning of April 2011, camp guard Guo Zhongqiang gave him an injection with an unknown drug. At that time he began to display symptoms of mental disorder, his mind was muddled, and he started to lose his memory. He also had difficulty breathing and walking.


Torture re-enactment: Injecting unknown drug

On April 17, 2011, Mr. Huang was released. He was emaciated and very weak, and suffered from a mental disorder. His health condition kept deteriorating. His family took him to the hospital, but he had no signs of recovery. He passed away in the early morning of April 29, 2011, at the age of 44.