(Clearwisdom.net) There have been many Clearwisdom.net reports on Falun Gong practitioners being persecuted in Guizhou Province since June 2010. More than 100 practitioners were subjected to having their homes ransacked, detention, forced labor, imprisonment, brainwashing, and/or illegal sentencing. Some of them died as a result of the persecution.
Below is a list organized by the month in which they were published.
1. Ms. Meng Tianming from Huairen City was persecuted several times.
2. Mr. Song Bangfu's term at Guizhou Province Men's Labor Camp ended on May 8, 2010. Instead of being released, however, he was taken to the Lannigou Brainwashing Center in Guiyang City.
3. Mr. Dai Liqiang from Kaili City was taken to the Lannigou Brainwashing Center after finishing his two-year term of forced labor. Several practitioners from Kaili City were taken to brainwashing facilities.
4. More than 20 practitioners are held in Lannigou Brainwashing Center in Guiyang City.
1. Mr. Luo Chanhua from Bangshui Village, Gantang Town, Duyun City, went to a town to look for work on June 14, 2010. He was arrested and falsely accused of stealing a motorcycle.
2. Ms. Fan Ming from Puding County was forced to leave home. About 20 police officers from the Puding County 610 Office and the Domestic Security Division broke into her home on Tashan Street on June 25. Ms. Fan escaped.
3. Ms. Chen Xueying and her daughter, Ms. Wang Weihong, are employees of the Qingzhen County Organic Chemical Plant. They were arrested for talking to people about Falun Gong.
4. Ms. Jiang Hui from Duyun City was arrested by officers from the Fenghe Police Station on July 6, 2010. Her home was later ransacked. Ms. Jiang was taken to the Duyun City Detention Center.
5. Mr. Liu Bo passed away on April 14, 2010. He was a computer engineer in the local Guizhou Province Construction Bank. He was arrested several times by officers from Guizhou Province 610 Office and was subjected to mistreatment in the forced labor camp, detention center, and brainwashing center. He was forced to terminate his employment contract for his belief in Falun Gong.
6. Ms. Zhao Qiuzhi from Jinping County was arrested on July 5, 2010, and taken to the Jinping Detention Center. She will be put on trial.
1. Ms. Qian Shuaiyu, Ms. Wang Weihong, and Ms. Chen Xuerong, practitioners from Qingzhen City, were arrested while they were talking to people about Falun Gong in Pingyuanshao Village on July 22, 2010. One practitioner, who was over 70, was released soon after the arrest. The other two were held in the Qingzhen City Detention Center for 15 days. Ms. Wang Weihong, 63, was later taken to Lannigou Brainwashing Center on August 7, 2010.
2. Mr. Zhang Shougang, 65, from Zunyi City was arrested while speaking with people about Falun Gong on February 16, 2010. He was sent to a detention center that day. A month later, he was taken to the Zhongba Forced Labor Camp to serve a two-year term.
3. Officers from Lushan Town Police Station in Weining County ransacked the home of Ms. Wang Shunzhi and her husband on May 22, 2010. The couple was forced to stay away from their home for some time to avoid further persecution.
4. Several practitioners from Yuping County, including Mr. Ma Jiangqiong, Mr. Yao Jinping, Ms. Tian Yuanmei, and Ms. Huang Shuiying, were arrested.
5. Mr. Zhang Wenli, an employee of Liupanshui City Railway Station, was arrested and taken to Liupanshui City No. 2 Detention Center.
6. Ms. Liu Hong, Ms. Liu Hongyu ,and Ms. Deng Honglin were reported while they were telling people the facts about Falun Gong in Hezhang County on July 15, 2010. They were arrested and detained for 15 days. Ms. Liu Hongyu and Ms. Deng Honglin were later released. Ms. Liu Hong was sent to the Lannigou Brainwashing Center.
7. Ms. Jiang Hui from Duyun City was arrested as she posted information about Falun Gong on July 6, 2010. Ms. Jiang was held in the Duyun Drug Rehabilitation Center for a while and was later subjected to a one-year forced labor term. She is currently in Zhongba Forced Labor Camp in Guiyang City.
8. Ms. Guilian (alias) was harassed by officers from Xiaoweizai Police Station in Duyun City on August 16, 2010.
1. Ms. Chen Ling from Shenyichang in the Sanqiao Mawangmiao District, Guiyang City, was arrested for speaking to people about Falun Gong in Dawa On September 13, 2010. She was detained in the Jinhui Police Station and her home was ransacked. She was sent to the Baihuashan Detention Center the next day.
2. Mr. Zhou Lianhai (60), Ms. Cao Ganrong (65), and Ms. Zhang Qinghui (72) from Jinsha County were arrested on September 5, 2010. They were taken to Renhuai Detention Center that night.
3. Ms. Luo Peirong from Xishui County was arrested on September 26, 2010.
1. Officers from the 610 Office in Yuping County and Dalong Town, along with personnel from the national security bureau and the police station, broke into practitioners' homes in the middle of the night and illegally arrested Ms. Huang Shouying, Ms. Zhou Yuxiang, Ms. Ma Xiangqun, Ms. Luo Hexiang, Ms. Pan Chunxiang, Ms. Tian Yuanmei, and Ms. Yao Jinping. The officers confiscated personal property belonging to the practitioners worth tens of thousands of yuan. The practitioners were taken to Tongren City, where they were detained.
2. Disabled practitioner Mr. Xie Jun, employed at the Zunyi City Railway Station, was arrested on October 11, 2010. His home was ransacked.
3. Ms. Shi Zhirong, a resident of Zhongshu Town, Renhuai City, was arrested on October 5, 2010. Mr. Lu Rangzhong and his wife, Ms. Zhao Mingzhi, were arrested on September 29, 2010.
4. Ms. Zhang Jingxia, 38, is the deputy director of Anding Hospital in Zunyi City. She was taken to a brainwashing center on October 20, 2010.
5. Mr. Liang Shaofei from Anshun City was taken to Lannigou Brainwashing Center in Guiyang City by officers from the local police station on October 18, 2010.
6. Two Falun Gong practitioners from Chenzhou City, Hunan Province, are currently detained in Duyun Prison, Guizhou Province.
7. Mr. Lei Jingxiong was arrested by the Duyun 610 Office and then given an eight-year prison term in Duyun Prison. Ms. Wu Shengying was given a six-year prison term and is detained in Guizhou Province Women's No.1 Prison.
8. Four practitioners from Xishui County were arrested.
9. On October 28, 2010, the Duyun City Court secretly tried Mr. Liang Rongqi, who was arrested on May 27. The court sentenced him to six years in prison.
1. Ms. Pan Yirong and her mother were sent to Banshan Brainwashing Center on November 2, 2010.
2. Mr. Gao Guoyuan was detained.
3. Mr. Yu Sirong was reported while he was handing out DVDs explaining the facts about Falun Gong in Shuangshan Town. He was arrested by officers from Shuangshan Police Station. His home was ransacked a week later.
4. Mr. Li Hongyu from Dafang County was arrested by officers from Dafang Domestic Security Division on October 27. He was sent to Lannigou Brainwashing Center.
5. Ms. Pan Lingyun and her mother, Ms. Zhao Zhengshu, from the Honghuagang District, Zunyi, were arrested on November 1, 2010. Mother and daughter have been sent to Zhongba Forced Labor Camp in Guizhou.
6. Ms. Fan Ming from Puding County was harassed by Li Zhengquan, Party secretary of Chengguan Town, and Xu Hongxing, secretary of Chengguan Town Political and Judiciary Committee, in October 2010. They ordered her to write the three statements.
7. Mr. Feng Qiming, Mr. Cai Faming, Mr. Fan Fagui, and Ms. Wang Qin from Zhijin County were arrested. Their vehicle was confiscated. About six thousand brochures were seized, and the four practitioners were taken to Zhijin Detention Center.
8. Mr. Lu Rangzhong, Ms. Shi Zhirong, and Ms. Zhao Mingzhi were held in a detention center for over a month.
9. Mr. Zhou Lianhai, Ms. Cao Ganrong, and Ms. Zhang Qinghui from Jinsha County were detained in Renhuai Police Bureau Detention Center for over two months. The police extorted 30,000 yuan from Ms. Zhang's family before releasing her.
1. Ms. Luo Peixun and her husband, Mr. Leng Guangwei, from Xishui County were taken away by the local 610 Office.
2. Ms. Zhao Qiuzhi from Jinping County was to be tried on December 17, 2010.
3. Mr. Fu Honglie was a Falun Gong practitioner from Guanling County, Guizhou Province. He had been sentenced to forced labor for three years and was beaten until he lost hearing in one ear. After years of harassment and abuse, he died on November 13, 2010. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/12/28/122154.html)
4. In early November 2010, personnel from the 610 Office of Dalong Town, Yuping County, Tongren County, together with officers from the Domestic Security Division and the local police station, illegally arrested about 30 practitioners. They held a brainwashing session in the Dalong Town Nursing Home to persecute some of these practitioners.
Mr. Jiang Qirong from Yuping County was arrested on November 16 in Hunan Province. Mr. Jiang is currently detained at the Tongren Detention Center.
Ms. Yao Jinping and Ms. Huang Mingxian were arrested on December 3. They were sent to the brainwashing center in Dalong Town and later transferred to the Wanshang District Detention Center in Tongren.
Ms. Zhang, 72, is from Tongren. The police ransacked her home and confiscated some personal belongings, including Dafa books and videos. Because Ms. Zhang is in her seventies and her family bailed her out, she was released, but she is under constant surveillance and is not allowed to go out.
Ms. Long Zhenping and Ms. Wu from Tongren were arrested in mid-November and have been detained at the Tongren Detention Center.
January – March 2011
1. Ms. Zhong Yimei, 31, a teacher at Bijie City Vocational Secondary School, was arrested on January 5, 2011. Her home was ransacked.
2. On October 28, 2010, the Duyun Court sentenced Mr. Liang Rongqi to six years in prison. Mr. Liang submitted an appeal immediately. The Beijing attorney that Mr. Liang hired wrote to the Qiannanzhou Intermediate Court to ask for a public trial. Judge Yuan Hui responded that Mr. Liang's attorney would be informed about the trial. However, on March 16, 2011, without informing the attorney, the court did not follow the normal appeals procedure but rather directly dispatched personnel to the detention center, saying the court's decision on Mr. Liang's case was upheld. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2011/3/28/124083.html)
3. Ms. Lu Jun, 47 years old, was a teacher at Tongren Associated Normal College. In August 2010, she was secretly sentenced to nine years in prison. She is being detained in the Yangai Women's Prison in Guiyang.
4. On March 23, 2011, the Zhijin County Court tried Mr. Feng Qiming, Mr. Cai Faming, Mr. Fan Fagui, and Ms. Wang Qin. The proceedings were a farce and ended quickly.
5. Ms. Zou Jinying, 63, is a retired doctor from the Guizhou Aluminium Plant Hospital. She was arrested by officers from Dalu Township Police Station in Daozhen County on February 18, 2011. She is being held at the Daozhen County Detention Center.
6. On December 17, 2010, the Nanming District Court illegally sentenced Mr. Lin Jian to three years of imprisonment. Mr. Lin's family was not informed about the trial.
7. Ms. Li Wenying from Liupanshui City was arrested on March 1, 2011.
8. About a dozen officers from Longshan Town Police Station broke into Mr. Yuan Qizhong's home at around 10:00 a.m. on March 7, 2011. The police ransacked the place and took 10,000 yuan in cash, a computer, and other personal belongings. Mr. Yuan is being held in Longli Detention Center.
9. Renhuai City Court tried Mr. Zhou Lianhai, Ms. Cao Ganrong, and Ms. Zhang Qinghui from Jinsha County on March 10, 2011.
10. Renhuai City Court tried Mr. Lu Rangzhong (67), Ms. Zhao Mingzhi (67), and Mr. Zhang Xing'an on March 17, 2011.
11. Mr. Hu Dali died in Duyun Prison on January 19, 2011, at the age of 39. He was held in a forced labor camp from November 1999 to May 2002. He was later sentenced to ten years in prison in August 2003. He was tortured and abused in Duyun Prison. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2011/2/8/123133.html)