Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

The Persecution of Government Employees

April 03, 2011 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) In July 1999, Jiang Zemin, the then official head of the CCP, declared that Falun Gong would be eliminated in three months. That did not happen, and the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners continues. Thousands of practitioners have been put into forced labor camps and prisons. The CCP now does everything it can to hide what it does to practitioners. Over 150 conscientious government employees have been arrested and sentenced to forced labor and prison. At least 11 of them have died as a result of the persecution.

A major in the military imprisoned for seven and a half years

Mr. Hu Jianhua, born in 1961, worked in the Qiaokou District Business Administration Bureau Office, Wuhan City. He was was previously a major in the military. Because he would not give up practicing Falun Gong, in December 1999, he was dismissed from the Business Administration Bureau. Then he was dismissed by his new employer, Property Management Center, Qiaokou Real Estate Property. He was taken to Qiaokou District Etouwan Brainwashing Center in November 1999 and twice in March 2000. At the end of 2000, he was sentenced to one year of forced labor. At the end of March 2003, Dongshan District Court in Guangzhou sentenced him to seven and a half years, including the time he was detained for 38 days.

In the Etouwan Brainwashing Center, he was made to stand outside in the freezing cold because he did the Falun Gong exercises. He was deprived of sleep, and guards forced him to stand for three days and nights. In the Guangzhou City Detention Center, he was not allowed to sleep for five days and nights. To try to make him “confess,” they tortured him. They tied him up with towels in the full lotus, with his hands fastened behind his back and to the floor for three hours. In Sihui Prison in Guangdong Province, he was watched for a long time and deprived of sleep for over 20 days. In the summer, for over three months, he was forced to sit on the cement floor and exposed to the bright sun and forced to sit on a plastic bench in a fixed position for a long time. As a result, an oozing ulcer formed on his hip. He was also beaten with a stick, hit in the face, made to sit on a tiger bench, kicked and beaten, and verbally assaulted.

National Model Worker tortured to death

Ms. Zhu Ying, 53, a cadre with the Xinxiang City General Workers' Union, Henan Province, was once a national “Model Worker,” a representative of the National Congress, and a member of National Workers' Union. In 2004, she had ovarian cancer. After surgery, in order to recover, she started practicing Falun Dafa in 2005 and was healthy. She decided to tell everyone she could: “Falun Dafa is good. Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good.” She fulfilled her commitment, but also became a target for persecution.

On April 2, 2010, when she was distributing truth clarification materials near the Xinxiang City Sport Center, she was arrested. After two weeks in the detention center, she was vomiting and could not eat because of lower abdominal pain. In October 2010, she was sentenced to eight years in prison and taken to Xinxiang City Women's Prison. Her health deteriorated. At 3:40 a.m. on November 30, 2010, her family went to the hospital to find her already dead. She had swollen legs and abdomen. Doctors at the hospital said that she died as soon as she arrived. They did not say how she died or at what time she died. On December 2, 2010, her body, monitored by over 20 officers in uniform and plainclothes, was cremated against the family's wishes at the Xinxiang City Crematorium. Her family was threatened to sign without seeing the body and without exposing what happened.

Trans-century Talent” who graduated from a prestigious university youth program persecuted to death

Mr. Pan Xingfu, 31, was an official with the Shuangyashan Post Office in Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province. He was once the deputy chief of Shuangyashan City Telecommunication Bureau Exchange Center and deputy director of Youyi County Telecommunication Bureau. When he was 16 years old, he was enrolled in the Youth Program at Huazhong University of Science and Technology. In 1998, he was selected as a “Trans-century Talent” in the telecommunication system in Heilongjiang Province, the only one from Shuangyashan City. Because he insisted on practicing Falun Gong, he was sentenced to prison in the beginning of 2002. In May 2003, he was transferred from Qihehe Prison to the No. 16 Ward in Mudanjiang Prison. At the end of 2003, his legs were so swollen that he could not walk. In May 2004, he was diagnosed with an abdominal effusion and tuberculosis.

In June 2004, he was transferred to Shuangyashan City Infectious Disease Hospital. At that time, he was suffering from TB and his appearance had changed dramatically. He could not walk and needed someone to help him when he stood and sat up. He only weighed around 70 lbs. In July 2004, his family was allowed to take him home on a stretcher. In January 2005, his health deteriorated even more. He passed away as a result of the persecution at 11:00 p.m., on January 31, 2005.

A good police officer persecuted

Mr. Dai Qihong was previously a government employee at Mudanjiang City Prison. He was a police officer and a key technology staffer. In March 2008, when he was distributing truth clarification materials, he was arrested by officers of the Mudanjiang City 610 Office and the domestic security division. He was sentenced to five years in prison. On the morning of August 17, 2010, because he did the Falun Gong exercises, Wang Yantao, leader of No. 3 Division, No. 1 Ward, order inmates to beat him. He sustained multiple injuries.

On August 18, 2010, he did not go to work to protest the persecution. Wang told other inmates to beat him. Wang also beat and kicked Mr. Dai, and him in the face and mouth with an electric baton until the power ran out. Mr. Dai's face and mouth were charred. An ulcer developed in his mouth and he could not eat. His appearance completely changed.

Mr. Hou Xicai

Mr. Hou Xicai, 39, was previously a clerical worker with the Department of Police Preparation, Political Division, Mudanjiang City Prison, Police Superintendent Class I. Because he practiced Falun Gong, he was sentenced to four years in prison. At 6:00 a.m. on August 18, 2009, when he was doing the fifth exercise, two people who were watching him beat him in the head.

Mr. Han Qingcai died as a result of torture

Mr. Han Qingcai, 62, was previously the chief of the Political Department, Liaozhong County Police Department, Liaoning Province. In 2001, he went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was sentenced to prison. He was held at the Liaozhong County Prison. When he was tortured almost to death, they released him on August 8, 2003. He died on August 19, 2003, a mere eleven days later.

Mr. Ma Tianyong and his family persecuted

Mr. Ma Tianyong was previously the secretary of discipline investigation with the Yingkou City State Security Division, Liaoning Province, Police Commissioner, Class I. In January 2002, Mr. Ma and his wife, Ms. Lu Guifang, and his son, Mr. Ma Xuhui, were arrested in Dalian City. Mr. Ma Tianyong was sentenced to three years of forced labor and detained in Yaojia Detention Center, Dalian City. His wife, Ms. Lu Guifang, was sentenced to two years of forced labor and detained at the notorious Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. His son, Mr. Ma Xuhui, was sentenced to one year of forced labor and held in Dalian Forced Labor Camp.

In April 2002, Ms. Lu was tortured to the verge of death in Masanjia Labor Camp and released, as were her husband and son. Mr. Ma Tianyong was fired, and all his benefits were terminated. He was monitored for a long time. Because of the spiritual and physical persecution, Ms. Lu passed away on November 26, 2002, and her husband on March 29, 2007.

Mr. Cai Fuchen died in prison

Mr. Cai Fuchen, Han, was employed by the Longjing City Tax Bureau, Yanbian Prefecture, Jilin Province. Because he believed in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, he was held by CCP officers for a long time. On September 15, 2010, he died in Gongzhuling Prison at the age of 45.

He was sentenced to ten years in prison by the Yanji City Court in 2005. He was admitted to the No. 4 Subward, No. 7 Ward, Guangzhuling City Prison, Jilin Province. Because he did not give up his faith, the guards ordered other inmates to watch him. Even when he went to the restroom, he was closely watched. He was not allowed to contact others.

On May 5, 2008, because he wanted to write an appeal statement, guards tortured him brutally. He was bound to a bed, hung up, and deprived of sleep. He was shocked with an electric baton on his neck and lower limbs. He was tortured like this for a month. As a result, he became very weak and his appearance completely changed. Previously he was very healthy.

At 10:00 a.m., on September 15, 2010, his family got a call from Gongzhuling Prison, saying that Mr. Cai had jumped from the window. When his family members arrived, they were told that Mr. Cai had already died. They were shocked and could not believe it since four days before, they had talked to him over the phone and he was fine. When questioned, the procurator and officers said that recently, they were trying to “transform” Mr. Cai. They claimed that he did not cooperate, and that he ran from the second floor to the third floor and then jumped from a small window. His family requested to watch the security camera tapes from where the accident occurred, but was told that there was something wrong with the recorder.

His family asked to see his body. The guards told them that they had to sign a document first, but the family refused. The guards did not allow them to see the body. Without permission from the family, they did an autopsy on September 30, 2010. The family was shocked at what guards had done in Gongzhuling Prison and thought that Mr. Cai's death was suspicious. They hired two attorneys to request an investigation into the case.

On the afternoon of November 30, 2010, Mr. Cai's family member and two attorneys went to the prison. Wang Zhichun, chief of the Department of Education, the chief of the Department of Prison Political Section, and another person spoke to them. Their explanation was totally different from what was explained to the family the first time. They also said that there was a two-hour tape that recorded the accident site, which meant, more than two hours passed from the beginning to the end of the accident. However, they played less than two minutes of the recording. They watched it three times, but the family member was still not sure whether the person in the tape was Mr. Cai Fuchen. The guards still did not allow the attorneys and the family member to see the body and only let them read the autopsy report. The next morning, the attorneys and the family member went to Pingdong Procuratorate and asked to see the tape again. But the procurator said they were not allowed without management permission. Later, the deputy procurator of Pingdong Procuratorate threatened the attorneys and the family member, “There is no use talking to anyone else. To appeal is the path of death. It is of no use even for you to talk to the State Council. There is no use wherever you go.”

Top Ten Military Wife” arrested 10 times

Ms. Liu Guofen, born in October 1954, worked in the Qiaokou District Workers' Union of the Bureau of Industry and Commerce. In 1997, she started practicing Falun Dafa. She was recognized as a “Top Ten Military Wife” in the Qiaokou District, and “Excellent Military Wife” of the Naval Institute of Engineering (now known as the Naval University of Engineering). She was doing well with her leaders and her colleagues. In 1999, because she practiced Falun Gong and said something in support of Falun Gong, she was arrested twice when she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. Eight times, she was taken to a brainwashing center and was held for a long time and sentenced to forced labor.

At the end of October 1999, when Ms. Liu went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong for the first time, she was arrested and detained for 15 days for “interfering with social stability” by officers from the No. 1 Department, Qiaokou District Police Department. At the detention center, because she said that she would continue to do the exercises, she was made to run for two hours. As she ran, she was beaten brutally by inmates under orders from the director of the detention center. She was tortured for ten days and could no longer walk properly. There were black and blue marks on both her legs. Fifteen days later, she was taken to Qiaokou District Brainwashing Center.

In January 2000, she was again arrested and taken to a brainwashing center for over ten months. In August 2001, she went to Beijing for the third time. She held a banner that read “Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance” near Jinshuiqiao with her colleague Ms. Chen Xuejuan. She was put into Etouwan Brainwashing Center, Qiaokou District. In the brainwashing center, she was humiliated and frequently punished and beaten. She was locked in a small room for a long time, once for two months. In the summer, the screen was removed on purpose so that mosquitoes would bite her. She was exposed to the baking sun and to the rain. Because she did the exercises, she was ordered to kneel down by Jin Zhiping, No. 1 Department, Qiaokou District Police Department. She did not obey and Jin kicked her in the kidneys . As a result, she was in severe pain for over ten days and could not roll over when she slept. At the end of August 2002, she was arrested and held in a brainwashing center. Ma Zhibiao from the Qiaokou District Court used a cup with boiling water to burn her wrist. Her skin formed a blister about 2.5 cm in diameter. She broke the blister and developed an ulcer that lasted for several months. Now she has a scar there.

Good tax officer tortured to death

Mr. Wan Jixiang, 37, once known as Mr. Zhou Chengjian, was a tax officer in the Dongmafang Department, Yingcheng City Bureau of Industry and Commerce, Hubei Province. In 1998, he was recognized as an “advanced worker.” On July 20, 1999, Jiang's regime started the persecution of Falun Gong, and, within three months, he was arrested and held three times for a total of 47 days. During this period, his salary was withheld. He had to pay the detention center a 600-yuan fee. He was forced to pay 5000 yuan as a deposit. The inmates forced him to wear shoes coated with ice in the winter. He was also forced to stand in a barrel of icy water in his bare feet for a long time. Someone burned his arms with the tip of a cigarette, leaving scars all over his arms. A few large inmates surrounded him and kicked and beat him. He lost consciousness several times.

In 2002, Mr. Wan was arrested by the No. 1 Division of the Police Department in Zhongjia Village, Wuhan City. He was held in the Hanyang Second Detention Center and then Caidian Detention. At the Caidian Detention Center, guards instigated inmate Li Yuhua to torture Mr. Wan. All day, he kicked and hit him on his face, head, and ears. As a result, Mr. Wan was covered with bruises and lost hearing in his left ear.

On June 28, 2003, Mr. Wan was sentenced to prison and taken to Qinduankou Prison. Inmates were instigated by guards to kick and beat him. He was also forced to do military squats. He was threatened that if he did not “transform” within a week, he would be tortured to death. In 2004, he was released on medical parole because of nasopharynx cancer. He was dismissed by his employer and there was no welfare available to him. His pain became even worse and he was extremely weak. He could not take care of himself. On the morning of May 24, 2005, he passed away.