Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Brutality of the CCP: Facial Injuries Due to Beatings and Torture

December 12, 2011 |   By Chengyu

(Clearwisdom.net) During the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners, thugs directed by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) injured many practitioners' facial features. Here we take a look at the cruelty of the CCP from the perspective of facial injuries found in cases that were referenced by articles published on the Minghui website on November 3, 2011.

Mr. Qiu Qinghua, a meat vendor working at the North Market of Liaozhong County in Liaoning Province, was persecuted many times for practicing Falun Gong. He passed away on October 12, 2011 due to repeated persecution. In January 2006, Mr. Qiu was put into Zhangshi Brainwashing Center in Shenyang for distributing truth clarification materials. Policeman Feng Dongchang from the Liaozhong County National Security Team poured a glass of cold water into his ear, causing purulent infection in his lower ear, which eventually led to severe meningitis. He was unable to recognize his family and was on the verge of death.

Slapping the face is a common abuse detained Falun Gong practitioners are subjected to. In the cases reported on Minghui on November 3, Li Zhenghai from Guangan in Sichuan Province, as well as Chen Xiumei and Qi Hongjin, who were held in the Hebei Women's Labor Camp, were slapped repeatedly.

It is also common for the CCP police to punch Falun Gong practitioners in the face. For example, on September 20, 2008, a female guard of the Hebei Women's Labor Camp, Liu Ziwei, stripped Falun Gong practitioner Zhang Yanchun and punched her in the face until it was misshapen. In order to cover up their crimes and further persecute Zhang Yanchun, the guards locked her alone in a storage shed. The next day, Liu tried to force Zhang Yanchun to wear the inmate uniform. Zhang Yanchun refused. Again, Liu repeatedly punched Zhang Yanchun in the face, which was already swollen, until she was exhausted. Zhang Yanchun's face was badly deformed and unrecognizable. Her eyes became slits, her mouth and face were swollen badly, and her entire face was black and blue.

Guard Liu Ziwei also beat Liu Li, a Falun Gong practitioner from Shijiazhuang City in Hebei. As a result of the beatings, Liu Li suffered hearing loss, watery eyes, temporary blindness, and headaches. The guards did not allow her to get medical treatment, resulting in a permanent scar on Liu's left cheek.

In July 2008, Falun Gong practitioner Lu Suhua was handcuffed between a radiator and a window by 5 or 6 guards, including Liu and a labor camp prisoner Liu Juan, because she was seen practicing Falun Gong exercises. Lu Suhua's arm was stretched to the extreme. Guard Liu said, "Don't let her get too comfortable. Make it so that she can neither stand up nor squat. Lu Suhua appealed against the abuse, exclaiming, "Falun Dafa is good." Then they sealed her mouth with a towel and tape. Next, Liu Ziwei and Liu Juan punched Lu Suhua's face so fiercely that she was not able to see clearly for the next six or seven days.

Guard Liu Ziwei sometimes struck Falun Gong practitioners' faces with her shoe heels. One day, Wang Lixia was discovered practicing the exercises. Liu Ziwei and another female guard immediately brought her to a secret room. After closing the curtains, they beat Wang Lixia severely. Wang Lixia was knocked to the ground. Liu Ziwei pulled her up by the hair with one hand and violently pounded her face with a shoe heel. At the same time, another female guard used an electric baton to shock Wang Lixia on the genitals, breasts and body. Wang Lixia's face was all bloody, and her clothes were stained with blood. Later, whenever Wang Lixia was found practicing the exercises, Liu Ziwei would cruelly beat her. And every time, she used her shoe heel to beat Wang Lixia's face and head. Wang Lixia was often bruised and she could hardly open her eyes. In addition, clumps of her hair were pulled out.

It's also common for practitioners to be bruised from beatings to the face. In the November 3 reports, Sun Huihua from Hengshui of Hebei and Zhou Fenglan from Shenbei New District were severely beaten in the face.

At Hebei Province Women's Labor Camp, Zhang Ni, a practitioner from Gaocheng, was subjected to electric shock torture by guard Lu Yaqin. The torture caused her mouth to fester. In September 2003, Xu Yanxiang, a practitioner from Cotton Company of Shenzhen City, was deprived of sleep for eight days straight. Police flicked her in the eyes when they started to close.

Falun Gong practitioner Na Zhenxian, a peasant from Shuangcheng in Heilongjiang Province, died as a result of torture at Changlingzi Labor Camp in Harbin City. Although it was clear that the authorities had the body treated to hide evidence of torture, his relatives still noticed bloodstains on the right side of the mouth, which was likely due to vomiting blood. They also saw that his nose was swollen and deformed and there was damage to the left eye. Moreover, there was a purple bruise on the right shoulder, and a cut above the eyebrows.

This was just a glimpse into the torture that Falun Gong practitioners have suffered, gleaned from one day's worth of reports. One can only imagine how much they have suffered over the past twelve years.