Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Progressing with Poise in the Wind and Rain - My Experiences over the Past 12 Years (Part 2 of 4)

December 12, 2011 |   By a practitioner from China


(Continued from Part 1: http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2011/12/11/130029.html)

8. Upholding Dafa in Beijing

On July 20, 1999, Jiang and the Communist regime launched the fanatic persecution of Dafa and practitioners. As disciples, it is our duty to uphold Dafa, so with my son and two other practitioners, we set off for Beijing on July 21 to appeal.

On July 22, we were taken to the main hall of the Ministry of Public Security in Beijing. In the hall, I saw Master's huge gongshen standing in front of us on our right-hand side. In the face of persecution, every Dafa disciple was calm, compassionate, and fearless. The evildoers tried to play a TV program slandering Falun Gong. However the evil was restrained by the power of justice. In this dimension, an officer could only manage to play a short piece of the program intermittently after tuning the television for half a day.

Because they were really not able to play the TV program, the police transferred us elsewhere. I greeted a photographer amicably and he responded warmly. I struck up a conversation with him as if he was an old acquaintance: “It was so obvious that the scene in the program where a person's stomach was slit open to find a Falun was a deception. Who would ask someone to cut open his stomach to look for a Falun before he dies? This is an attempt to defame Falun Gong.” Later on, even the police felt that the TV program was too ridiculous and stopped playing it.

We were all taken to Shijinshan Stadium. There were many Dafa disciples. Initially, everyone recited the verses in the poem “Nothing Kept” from Hong Yin: “In life, nothing sought, In death, regretting naught; Washing away all wrong thought, Buddhahood, with less adversity, is wrought.” Afterward we recited Lunyu, “True Cultivation,” “True Nature Revealed,” and “Assisting the Fa.” I felt an indescribable, tremendous sense of tragic heroism. I strongly felt a righteous force that cannot be vanquished by anything in the universe. I think everyone present could feel this majestic strength suppressing all evil. All the practitioners were so rational, compassionate, and dignified.

On the morning of July 24, 1999, the whole sky was full of Falun in all colors. It was as if Master was there encouraging Dafa disciples. Every Dafa disciple cheered in unison. Even the police who were in the stadium saw Falun.

9. Validating Dafa with Righteous Thoughts

Many practitioners said, “We will validate Dafa with our lives.” My understanding is that, in this complicated environment, despite being embroiled in an intense conflict, as long as our words and actions adhere to the requirements of the Fa; we consider others before ourselves; and we act peacefully and rationally with great compassion and forbearance, then this is validating the Fa with our lives. This is absolutely not an act of self sacrifice as a non-practitioner might think. Of course, disciples who are able to validate the Fa so courageously and peacefully have long ago let go of the attachment to life and death.

On January 19, 2000, I went to Beijing again to appeal. Someone pulled me away from Jinshui Bridge in Tiananmen Square, took me to a hotel nearby, and then tried to extort 100 yuan from me. (Originally he told me this would cost 5 yuan.) I did not argue with him because I considered myself a cultivator, but I felt that I should not condone crooks like him. I went back to Tiananmen Square to report the incident and saw four men getting out of a police car. I went up to them and said, “There are crooks on the square.” Then I told them what happened. One of them said to me smiling, “We cannot arrest crooks.” I asked, “Don't tell me you are especially assigned to go after kind people like Dafa disciples?” He asked me quietly, “Are you a practitioner?” I replied with pride, “Yes.” He lowered his voice and said, “You'd better go quickly.” Just then, the other three plainclothes officers came over and asked what I was doing. This officer quickly told them I came from the same town as he and was in Beijing on business. I asked the officer for the address to the appeals office. They told me where it was and said that the Ministry of Public Security also handled appeals.

All four of them were worried that I would be arrested. I told them I had to tell the government that Falun Gong is truly wonderful. When they saw that I was determined to do it, they asked me to get into a car.

Very soon, the car took me to a large building where the Ministry of Public Security was. Two military men stood on either side of the front entrance, smiling. They saluted me. I also greeted them very amicably, then walked into the building. There were many Dafa disciples inside. An officer came up to us one by one and wrote down our personal details. She said, “All of you are good people and are here to uphold the Fa.” She showed me the registration card, pointed at the section “purpose in coming to Beijing” and told me that she would write the characters “upholding the Fa” in large print.

Next, I was taken to a house with a metal fence and saw fellow practitioners from all over China. A few minutes later, I was called outside. That night, protected by Master, I returned home safely. This trip to Beijing made me realize that as a Dafa disciple, we must always act with righteous thoughts.

On March 3, I received a letter with a tape recording of a Fa conference held overseas. The tape contained overseas practitioners' respect and support for disciples in China as well as sharing on their understandings of the Fa. I was very touched. At the same time, I also realized the severity of the matter. After listening to the recording for 10 minutes, I immediately notified several diligent practitioners to come listen to the tape together. Afterward, everyone decided to organize a Fa conference on March 5 at my home. Thirty practitioners came, and after the sharing, everyone put aside their concerns for life and death and were determined to protect the Fa.

10. Resisting the Persecution in the Labor Camp

In April 2000, 83 practitioners were detained in a forced labor camp. We were treated like convicts and forced to do hard labor for 17-18 hours a day. One morning during assembly, I took off my prisoner's uniform, put on my own clothes, and shouted, “Fellow practitioners, we are here to assist Master in Fa-rectification! We should be studying the Fa and doing the exercises together every day! Guard, give us an audio player. Come and do the exercises with us. Falun Dafa is good!” Chaos broke out. All the convicts present pounced on every practitioner while practitioners tried to rush over and protect me. I was pushed into a solitary confinement room. Usually, those who are sent to this room would either be tortured to death or lose a layer of skin. In the tiny room, I faced the two guards. I was very relaxed and calm. Unexpectedly, the two guards treated me like an old friend, “How are you? Teach us how to do business.”

As a sign of my resolve to thoroughly resist the persecution, I wrote a letter to the guards explaining the beauty of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance and that Falun Dafa teaches one to be a good person and stated my intention to stop doing slave labor as well as to abstain from food and drink. Consequently, when the guards saw me, they all smiled and said to me amiably, “You refused to work while in detention. We take our hats off to you.” Many guards had kind thoughts and started to practice Dafa quietly.

I was extremely fortunate. From the very first day since I started cultivation, I have been blessed by Dafa's mighty grace and Master's meticulous care. Even officers in the police, Procuratorate, and legal system came to a consensus: “It is impossible to touch this lady. She has witnessed too many of Dafa's miracles, and no one is able to shake her steadfast belief.” Actually, it is not because I saw these miracles that my faith was strengthened. On the contrary, it is because every time I encountered challenging situations I had firm belief in Dafa and therefore miracles appeared!

From March 1 to April 7 2001, nine practitioners imprisoned went on a hunger strike to resist the persecution. On the 37th day, at night, guards secretly transferred two practitioners and myself to the Second Hospital in the city by ambulance for emergency treatment.

In the corridor, the officer in charge who escorted us to the hospital told a group of people, “Falun Gong is miraculous! An everyday person would have died after seven days. Look at her: she has not eaten or drunk for 38 days already. Yet she walks like a model!” Practitioners whose celestial eye were opened saw shining, golden dragons protecting me. On the 38th day, all three of us returned home safely.

In reality, on the 27th day of my hunger strike, late at night, I saw through my celestial eye a tube from heaven aimed at my body just like an intravenous drip. I think that was Master sending high energy matter into my body. Hence, nothing happened to me despite 38 days without food and water. Very soon, I regained my health. Thank you, Master, for saving my life. I deeply experienced the unrestrained freedom of a god walking on the path of godhood.

On January 18, 2002, I was once again persecuted. A police officer took me to the station. When we got there, his face turned pale. As he got out of the car, he collapsed on the ground in extreme pain. Subsequently, another officer was instructed to take me to the labor camp. When he got into the car, this officer asked me if he could learn Dafa from me. Along the way, I taught him to recite poems from Hong Yin. At the highway toll pass, I raised my shackled hands and greeted the toll collector. I clarified the facts to him and instructed him to remember that “Falun Dafa is good, Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good.” After listening to what I told him, he waived the fees. The police officer said, “On our way back, why don't you put those handcuffs on me. That way we don't have to pay the toll.” With that, he took off my handcuffs and truly extended both hands. I put the handcuffs on him.

Ever since I had a talk with the head of the women's forced labor camp regarding the abusive behavior of the guards, the guards stopped beating Dafa disciples directly. Instead, they used convicts to torture practitioners. Those who were the most vicious in torturing practitioners had their prison sentences reduced. Among them was a convict who acted as if she was a leader in the Communist Party. She pointed at a Dafa disciple and said, “I represent the Communist Party and will persecute you to death.” Later on, a female guard was sent to talk to me. I said to her, “Can a convict represent the Communist Party in suppressing Falun Gong?” She replied, “These convicts cannot represent the Party. However, her behavior can represent the Party.” I told this officer, “This convict was charged with prostitution. When she prostitutes herself, are her actions representing the Party?” The guard was embarrassed and left in shame.

(To be continued)