Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Facts of the Persecution in Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province

January 31, 2011 |   By a Clearwisdom correspondent from Heilongjiang Province

(Clearwisdom.net) Beginning on July 20, 1999, in Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province, the Tieren Public Security Bureau has rigorously followed the Chinese Communist Party's policy of persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. They have used a wide variety of tactics, such as forced labor, jail sentences, and even taking the lives of the practitioners. They have put practitioners' families through hardships and pressure that are hard to imagine. They follow orders from many officials, such as former head of the Tieren Public Security Bureau Sun Xiufan, deputy head Dai Jinsheng, and police officers Li Qun, Fan Chunming, Zhou Haitao, Yu Haiyang, Li Weimin, Bao Chunmei, Li Tongqiang, and so on.

The are many Falun Gong practitioners in the area under the control of the Tieren Bureau. And virtually all of the practitioners have been menaced or arrested to varying degrees. For example, Mr. Liu Sheng, a disabled practitioner, was jailed. The police have extorted so much money from practitioners' families that it's impossible to keep track. It's hard to describe the hardship brought upon the area's practitioners and their families. Below are just a few examples.

In 2000, Li Qun and others seized practitioners Yang Yuhua, Gao Heqing, Gui Jingang, Dai Xiuping, You Zhanyou, Zhang Shilin, and Zhao Xiuying.

On September 26, 2001, Li Qun and Shao seized practitioners Cui Hongyan, He Yanqiu, and Liu Li, and deprived them of sleep around the clock to try to extract confessions from them, and even wouldn't allow Liu Li to close her eyes for five days and nights. Her systolic blood pressure climbed to 220-240, she started coughing blood, and she became dizzy. Despite her condition she was jailed for five years. When she completed her term and returned home, she had no income, so she went back to her former employer to explain her situation and ask for work. But the Tieren Branch seized her again and took her straight to the city detention center.

Early on the morning of April 17, 2005, Dai Feng, Tian Ye, Li Yijun, and about five other police officers charged into the home of practitioners Cao Lizhen, Wang Xiaohua, and Yang Yuhua. They seized the practitioners and took them away, and also took their computer and other equipment, which has never been returned. The strongmen division that evening began to torture these three practitioners, then took them to the city detention center. They beat Yang Yuhua so severely that she was unable to swallow food, so the detention center doctor used a painful method to force-feed her. One time six men held Ms. Yang while a tube as thick as a thumb was inserted into her nostril. Another four or five criminals were holding her down. Seeing that she was on the verge of death, they loosened their grip. She was taken to Daqing People's Hospital but emergency treatment could not save her and she died that day.

On April 17, 2005, the above police officers barged into the home of Ms. Liu Liying and her husband, Zhang Youlin, who did not practice Falun Gong. They used the worst of methods to force Mr. Zhang into naming other practitioners. They then took the couple's computer, copier, Falun Gong books, and other valuable items, which have not been returned.

On April 23, 2005, practitioners Liu Yanqin, Sun Yumei and Zhang Jianxin were reported, and the police seized them and took them to the Tieren Public Security Bureau. Deputy head Dai Jinsheng personally punched them, and elderly Mr. Liu Yanqin was beaten to the point that he could no longer walk. That evening, Zhang Jianxin's leg was injured. Zhang was taken to the hospital but the next day returned to the detention center. After several days, Fan Chunming and other guards poured cold water over them, put cigarette butts up their noses, handcuffed them, then hung them by their wrists. They used those and other methods to try to force Ms. Sun Yumei to reveal the source of the information materials. Her wrists developed deep, bloody wounds and her life was endangered on several occasions. Ms. Sun was then jailed for three years. More than 15,000 yuan was extorted from her family for medical costs. Mr. Liu Yanqin's family had to pay 10,000 yuan, and their house was ransacked.

On November 2, 2006, head of the Tieren Public Security Bureau Sun Xiufan took a group of people to Ms. Cui Hongyan's workplace, arrested her, and jailed her for three years.

In July 2008, policemen Zhou Haitao, Li Weimin, Yu Haiyang, and others surrounded the home of Liu Yanqin. They pounded on the door, used a ladder to climb to an upstairs window, and terrorized the family, who didn't know what to do. Their seven-year-old granddaughter was terrified. On this occasion, Liu Yanqin managed to escape. On another evening that year at around 8 p.m., the police tricked Liu's family into opening the door, and without showing any legal papers proceeded to search their house. Liu was in another room and jumped from the second floor to escape.

On July 4, 2008, at about 4 a.m. in the morning, policemen Zhou Haitao, Yu Haiyang, Li Weimin, and others charged into the home of Wang Xiaoxiao. They arrested Wang and searched the house. Officer Zhou Haitao then went to Zhou Li's house to harass the family and track down Zhou.

In 2008, Sun Xiufan and others barged into the home of Ms. Chen Yunxiu and arrested her. She was taken to a forced labor camp for one year and a half.

On November 11, 2010, at around 4 p.m. in the afternoon, the public security bureau once again went to the home of Liu Yanqin to harass the family. Liu had already moved out to escape the harassment.

Since the start of the persecution in 1999, the Tieren Public Security Bureau has committed crime after crime against Falun Gong practitioners. The above are only a few examples.