Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Recognized Public Servant Feng Zhongliang Persecuted to Near Death

January 18, 2011 |   By a Clearwisdom correspondent from Sichuan Province

Name: Feng Zhongliang (冯忠良)
Gender: Male
Age: 47
Address: Panzhihua, Sichuan Province
Occupation: Architectural Design Management Official

Date of Most Recent Arrest: Second half of September 2006
Most Recent Place of Detention:
Wumaping Prison in Leshan, Sichuan (四川乐山五马坪监狱)
City: Leshan
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, physical constraint, beatings, torture, long-term standing, illegal sentencing, home ransacked, imprisonment, forced labor.

(Clearwisdom.net) Feng Zhongliang was an architectural design management official in the Panzhihua Construction Department. He is from Nanpu County in Sichuan. He was in good health after practicing Falun Gong, and a recognized public servant. He was promoted by his department three times for being an excellent employee.

However, Mr. Feng was persecuted for four years because he practiced Falun Gong. He couldn’t walk after being released from prison on April 28, 2009. He suffered internal organ failure, and had difficulty breathing. He had no money or property left, and the human resources department of his city didn’t provide him with any funds since he had been arrested and imprisoned. Mr. Feng was forced to return to his hometown in the south to live with his 80-year-old father.

In August 2009 when he was seriously ill, he was diagnosed with emphysema, tuberculosis, and bronchitis. The human resources department forced him to write a “repentance statement” before allowing him 225 yuan per month. In November 2010, Mr. Feng's condition worsened, and he had no one to take care of him. His friends sent him to their living complex committee. At the end of each day, after the committee finished their work, they didn’t allow him to stay in their office and drove him out. He had no place to go, so he lived outdoors for four nights. After someone called the health department, the committee was notified again. Committee members sent him to the No. 4 People's Hospital in Panzhihua.

The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) wanted to publicize their “kindness,” so they hired someone to videotape Mr. Feng. They cut his nails and washed his face to mislead the public.

The following is a summary of the persecution that Feng Zhongliang has suffered, provided by Mr. Feng and other practitioners.

In the summer of 2006, a person named Shi from the City Forestry Department came to Mr. Feng’s department to conduct business, and Mr. Feng helped him. Mr. Feng also clarified the facts about Falun Gong to him and gave him informational materials. However, that person handed the materials over to his department, and the department turned them over to city government officials. The government sent the materials to the city police station and the Yanbian County Police Station.

The Yanbian Police Station director and a dozen officers took Mr. Feng to the city police station and detained him for two days. They tortured him until he collapsed both physically and mentally. During that time, he was tied to the leg of a desk, and could only stand up halfway. When he couldn’t physically stand or sit, they punched and kicked him. Seven to eight officers participated in the torture. During the day, they pushed his head against a wall, and made him lean at a 45 degree angle with the floor. The officers forced him to remain in this position until his body trembled and he was unable to stand.

After two days of severe persecution, Mr. Feng was transferred to the Wanyaoshu Detention Center in Panzhihua, where he was held for five months. During his detention, he was forced to write a statement indicating that he would willingly quit practicing Falun Dafa. He was sentenced to three years and placed on three years' probation, so he went home. Then, Bingcaogang Police Station officers harassed Mr. Feng Zhongling repeatedly, forcing him to go to the station every day and fill out a “criminal form.” Officials threatened to send him to prison again if he refused to cooperate.

In the fall of that same year, Mr. Feng's wife was unable to endure the daily emotional and financial pressure, so she divorced him, taking their child, house, and property with her. Subsequently, Mr. Feng had to rent an apartment in Guaziping.

At the end of September, Bingcaogang Police Station and Guaziping Police Station officers came to Mr. Feng's apartment to harass him. They searched his apartment and confiscated his Falun Dafa materials. They illegally arrested him, and then took him to Wumaping Prison in Leshan, Sichuan, where he was imprisoned for two years and seven months.

During the cold winter in Wumaping Prison, Mr. Feng was forced to stand outside for 15 to 17 hours per day. After 9:00 p.m. he had to sit on the floor and recite the prison rules. He was allowed to sleep after 11:00 p.m. Guards required him to sing CCP songs, otherwise he was not given food. Cell inmate leader Zhang Weiping, along with Lu Xiongchao and Hu Dajian, beat him whenever they wanted to, and punished him further by making him stand for long durations. After this treatment, Mr. Feng's body collapsed, and he couldn’t perform any activity.

After two months of persecution, Mr. Feng was transferred to the No. 2 Prison District. He had a fever for one month, couldn’t stop coughing, and had no strength to walk. The prison sent him to their hospital, where he was diagnosed with pulmonary tuberculosis, and then they sent him to the No. 1 Prison District hospital. He was beaten by prisoner Huang Ming for 12 days. Another prisoner, Huang Yong, prevented him from receiving food. They burned his feet with cigarette butts while he was doing the Falun Gong exercises in bed. One prisoner laughed and swore at Mr. Feng, and splashed cold water on him and his pillow in the winter.

The persecution of Feng Zhongliang continued while his life was in serious danger. Prison officials used many different excuses to delay sending him to the hospital. They finally transferred him to a hospital, only after other practitioners protested his mistreatment. He was taken to the Chengdu Prison hospital and kept for nine months, then sent back to the No. 1 Prison District Hospital. He was finally released when his sentence was completed on April 28, 2009. After he returned home, he couldn’t walk, and had difficulty breathing.

Feng Zhongliang is not registered with Panzhihua No. 4 People's Hospital, so no one there takes care of him. People who want to see him have to register and show an ID to get in. During this period, committee members from his complex and his uncle went to the hospital, offering him an apartment and some money if he wrote a “repentance statement” to give up Falun Gong. When he refused, they cursed at him and left.