Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Daughter Detained, Mother Dies from Grief

January 01, 2011 |   By a Clearwisdom correspondent from Liaoning Province

(Clearwisdom.net) A funeral was held for an elderly woman in Qingshui, north of Shenyang, in the winter cold. Villagers who knew her all said that she was such an innocent person and that if her daughter hadn't been arrested, she wouldn't have passed away.

Residents of Qingshui all knew that Ms. Liu had a good daughter, Liu Sulan. Ms. Liu underwent significant changes after she began practicing Falun Gong, and she became considerate of others all the time. Ms. Liu once suffered from neurosis, was unable to sleep, and became mentally and physically exhausted. Her mother witnessed her improvements after practicing Falun Gong and was very happy for her.

In July 2010, 70-year-old Ms. Liu suddenly had a stroke. Liu Sulan immediately took her to her own home to take care of her. At that time, Liu Sulan's daughter-in-law was about six months pregnant and also needed Liu Sulan to take care of her. Seeing her mother improve daily, Liu Sulan sent her mother back home.

As her daughter-in-law's expected due date neared, Ms. Liu Sulan and her family were all preparing for the coming of the baby. At about 2 p.m. on September 29, 2010, Ms. Liu and another practitioner, Wang Min, went together to a supermarket to buy some daily necessities. Officers from the Shenbeixin District Police Department and the Xinchengzi Police Station showed up and arrested them.

Apparently, Zhang Jinghui, the new secretary of the Shenbeixin District, wanted to boast of his contribution to this arrest. Meanwhile, persecution of Falun Gong by the 610 Office was being enforced, getting the attention of the head officials. Therefore, Shenbeixin District 610 Office officials, together with Public Security team officers in the Shenbeixin District, directed the arrests.

Approximately three months after Ms. Liu Sulan's arrest, her family was anxious for her and appealed for her release. However, 610 Office officials issued an arrest warrant, fabricated charges, and planned to sentence Ms. Liu.

Two months after Ms. Liu Sulan's arrest, her family still hadn't told her mother about it, worried that she wouldn't be able to deal with the trauma. However, she worried about her daughter constantly, because her daughter had never waited such a long time to visit her. After she heard that her daughter had been arrested, she was unable to speak and could not move her hands and feet. She cried continuously. Her family took her to the hospital.

On December 8, 2010, Ms. Liu's grandson was born, although she was still in imprisoned.

On December 14, 2010, upon hearing that Liu Sulan was to be sentenced, her mother passed away without seeing her daughter. Liu Sulan did not know of her mother's death.

Good people were sentenced; corrupt officers were not. Is this a “harmonious society?”

Guan Jie, head of the 610 Office in the Shenbeixin District, is malicious and has sentenced many Falun Gong practitioners. She even intended to sentence a practitioner suffering late stage cancer to prison. After this sentence was denied due to the practitioner's health problems, Guan Jie insisted on getting another diagnosis and detaining him. Many practitioners were illegally arrested personally by Guan Jie.

Policeman Duan in the Shenbeixin District also participated in the arrests of many practitioners.