Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Dong Shuyan from Mudanjiang Brutally Persecuted and Arrested Multiple Times

September 07, 2010 |   By a Clearwisdom correspondent from Heilongjiang Province

(Clearwisdom.net) Officers Yang Danbei and Peng Fuming from the Domestic Security Division of the Mudanjiang City Public Security Bureau, along with another three or four policemen, went to Ms. Dong Shuyan's home, where they illegally arrested her and searched her home at about 4:30 p.m. on August 20, 2010. They confiscated a computer and a printer. They also arrested Yang Shuxiang and his son Zhang Wei, who were visiting Ms. Dong at the time.

Yan Zizhong, former chief of the Criminal Investigation Section of the Heilongjiang Provincial Public Security Bureau, was recently promoted to deputy mayor of Mudanjiang and director of the Mudanjiang Public Security Bureau. As soon as he started, he laid out a new round of systematic plans to persecute Falun Gong practitioners, first by monitoring practitioners and tapping their phone calls. According to sources, Yan personally gave the order to arrest Ms. Dong.

1. Ms. Dong Shuyan Arrested Several Times and Brutally Tortured

Ms. Dong began learning Falun Gong in 1998 and recovered from her illnesses shortly afterwards.

Police illegally arrested Ms. Dong in July 2000 and sent her to the Yangming Police Station. They handcuffed her arms behind her back and tied her to a metal chair for twenty hours in one session, continuing this throughout the night. The next day when she left for home, Li Wei, director of the Yangming Police Station, demanded that she move out of the residential area that was in his jurisdiction. Her family looked for a rental house but could not find anywhere to live.

Ms. Dong went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong again on September 29, 2000. On Tiananmen Square on October 1, she saw policemen beating Falun Gong practitioners and bravely tried to stop them. She was arrested and sent back to Mudanjiang, where she was detained at the Second Detention Center for 294 days. She was tortured physically and mentally. Only when she went on a hunger strike and her life was in danger did they release her on July 23, 2001, after she had been tortured for ten months.

The Mudanjiang Municipal Public Security Bureau and four branch bureaus jointly put Ms. Dong on a wanted list on August 9, 2002. Because they were searching for her everywhere, she could not work and became destitute and homeless for three months. Police were not able to find her, so they detained her husband instead for one day at the Yangming Police Station. They went to her son's school and tried to get her location from him. Police also went to Ms. Dong's sister's shop and stationed themselves there to watch for Ms. Dong.

Ms. Dong, Ye Lianping, and another practitioner were arrested in Dalian City on November 28, 2002 (Ms. Ye has since died as a result of the persecution). At night police hung Ms. Dong and Ms. Ye up and handcuffed them to a jeep. Police handcuffed them so tightly that the metal tore into their flesh. Because both of them were tall, they couldn't stand up or sit down while being handcuffed. Police sent them back to Mudanjiang in this way. Ms. Ye was force-fed two bottles of mustard oil, and the police put a plastic bag over her head. Policeman Qiao Ping beat her so severely that her body was covered with bruises.

Ms. Dong was sent to the Second Detention Center in Mudanjiang in December 2002. Every day she was tortured so that police could force a confession from her. Liu Jinqun, the newly appointed director of the detention center, and other policemen were known for torturing female Falun Gong practitioners and sexually molesting them. When they heard that Ms. Dong was continuing her hunger strike at the Second Detention Center, they instigated inmates to drag her out of her cell and put handcuffs and shackles on her. They put extra salt in a bowl of milk and force-fed her, causing her to feel like her stomach was burning. The guards dragged her out of her cell and force-fed her like this every day while torturing her to write a forced declaration. Policeman Wang Wei interrogated her, severely beat her and then unbuttoned her clothes and fondled her breasts.

A few years later, on June 30, 2008, police from the Mudanjiang Huoju Police Station broke into Ms. Dong's home and confiscated a computer. They tried to take her away too. She refused and shouted, "Police are arresting a good person." Her husband helped stop her from being taken away. In the end police didn't arrest her.

2. Yang Danbei, Peng Fuming, and Li Wei: Background of the Perpetrators Who Persecuted Ms. Dong Shuyan

1) Policewoman Yang Danbei of the Mudanjiang Public Security Bureau

Policewoman Yang Danbei is in her forties. She is the section chief of the Domestic Security Division of the Mudanjiang Public Security Bureau. Since she entered into the public security industry in 1997 to replace her retired parent, she has been an agent and has worked undercover. In order to collect information on Falun Gong, she pretended to be a practitioner and practiced the Falun Gong exercises with practitioners at the practice site in Mudanjiang before the persecution began on July 20, 1999. Once she got into practitioners' homes, she installed listening devices in the homes and tapped the practitioners' phone calls.

Before the persecution of Falun Gong started in July 1999, the party secretary of the Municipal Committee and officials from the Municipal Public Security Bureau, police stations and National Security Bureau came to learn Falun Gong. First among them were people who acted as undercover agents. But as their understanding of Falun Gong increased, they became genuine practitioners. They were persecuted to some extent after July 20, 1999. The party secretary of a certain section of the municipal committee was arrested when he was telling people the facts about Falun Gong. The municipal committee held a meeting in regards to the matter and concluded that he should be released.

Yang Danbei, however, kept arresting Falun Gong practitioners, searching their homes and extorting money from practitioners so that she could be promoted. She ordered police to arrest any relatives and friends who came to hear the court trials of practitioners. Because of her efforts in persecuting Falun Gong, she was recognized as a "Second Grade Model Hero" by the public security ministry in 2008.

On August 13, 2007, Yang came to Falun Gong practitioner Shao Yan's workplace and arrested her. Yang then ransacked Ms. Shao's home and confiscated her personal belongings, including a computer. She also extorted 3000 yuan from her. Ms. Shao was not released until the next day.

Yang, policemen Li Guojun, and Yan broke into practitioner Ms. Wen Xiuqin's home at Beian at 10:00 a.m. on February 1, 2008, under the pretense of investigating residential complaints, and searched her home. They confiscated a computer and an MP3 player. They arrested her and sent her to a detention center.

Yang also led police to arrest practitioner Ms. Xu Wenyuan, who worked at the River Management Department in Mudanjiang in December 2009. They confiscated a laptop computer and extorted several thousand yuan from her before she was released. Yang hit Ms. Xu in the eyes with her elbow, and her eyes became swollen.

On March 1, 2010, Yang went to disabled Falun Gong practitioner Xiao Ping's home in Yangming District and confiscated a computer and a printer without showing any official documents. To date the items haven't been returned.

2) Policeman Peng Fuming of the Mudanjiang Public Security Bureau

The Mudanjiang Domestic Security Division arrested Dai Qihong, a Falun Gong practitioner and a former policeman from Mudanjiang Prison, on March 21, 2008. Policemen Peng Fuming and Ma Qun from the security division went to Mudanjiang Prison on March 28, 2008 and tried to make him turn in fellow practitioners and write a guarantee statement promising to give up his belief in Falun Gong. Four policemen forcibly pushed him into a police car and took him to the Mudanjiang Detention Center.

Peng Fuming arrested practitioner Hou Xicai on May 14, 2008 and sent him to the Mudanjiang Public Security Bureau for interrogation. Peng bashed Mr. Hou in the face and didn't allow him to use the toilet or let him have lunch. Peng threatened Mr. Hou, saying that he would force-feed him hot chili water. He tried to force Mr. Hou to kneel down but Mr. Hou refused. Mr. Hou Xicai is 39 years old and was a public servant. He was a secretary and an official in the Human Resources Garrison Section of the Political Department of Mudanjiang Prison. He was a Police Superintendent, Class I.

Xian District Court of Mudanjiang put practitioners Zhao Bailiang, Li Haifeng, Li Yongsheng, and Zhang Yuhua on trial on November 28, 2008. During the trial it was revealed that Li Yongsheng and Li Haifeng were tied up with ropes and tortured.

Li Yongsheng stated in court, "Peng Fuming tried to make me say that the flyers (materials clarifying the facts about Falun Gong) in my place were given to me by Li Haifeng. Peng said that if I admitted it, they would release me. Then they tortured me with ropes. They tied me with ropes from my shoulder down to my wrist. They put my arms behind my back and then hung me up. Each time they hung me up like this for one and a half hours, I could no longer bear it at the end and told them what they wanted to hear."

Li Haifeng stated in court, "Police from the domestic security division tortured me with ropes to the extent that I could no longer bear it." The court asked, "To what extent?" Li Haifeng then showed them how with they tortured his body. The court asked, "Do you have any evidence?" Li Haifeng replied that there were still bruises and scars on his body, even though the torture had happened five months earlier.

This was not the first time that Peng tortured practitioners with ropes. Police from the Cai City Police Station forcibly dragged practitioner Zhao Jianguo to the police station on the morning of November 12, 2007, and sent him to the detention center that night. Mr. Zhao refused to wear prison clothes in protest. The detention center then targeted him and put handcuffs and shackles on him. Police from the domestic security division sent him to the domestic security division building and interrogated him in turn. He was deprived of sleep for several days. During the interrogation, policeman Guo Liang kicked Mr. Zhao in the mouth, which broke some of his teeth. Peng tortured Mr. Zhao with ropes twice. Policeman Qiao Ping hit Mr. Zhao's face with his shoe. They then threatened him, saying that they would put him into forced labor.

3) Li Wei, Director of the Yangming Police Station, and Others

Since the Chinese Communist Party started to persecute Falun Gong, Li Wei has been following closely and cooperating actively to persecute practitioners, especially those who went to Beijing to appeal. Li Wei led deputy director Tao Wen (who later became political instructor) and policemen Zhang Yitao, Chu Xiaofeng, and Li Shaowei to curse at, beat, and kick those practitioners who went to Beijing. They extorted thousands of yuan each from them for "trip expenses," and told their family members that Chinese Communist Party (CCP) official documents state that all expenses should be paid for by family members of practitioners.

In November 1999, Shen Yucheng, former Party secretary of Mudanjiang, and Li Chunyi, former Party secretary of the Political and Legal Committee, brutally persecuted Falun Gong practitioners. They put practitioners Ning Hong, Ma Shufeng, Yu Bo, and Lin Limin into forced labor and broadcast it on TV. Li Wei, who was the director for two years, then tortured two of them. He, along with Xu Peiqing, director of the Guanghua Police Station, and Xing Gang, director of the Qianjin Police Station, jointly went to practitioners' homes or made phone calls to harass them. They lured them to the police stations under false pretenses, and tried to force them to curse their faith and the founder of Falun Gong, and to step on the founder's photo. They went to great lengths to try to transform practitioners.

Perpetrators in the persecution:

Yang Danbei, chief of the second section of the domestic security division of the Mudanjiang Public Security Bureau: 86-453-6282526, 86-13945309336 (Cell)
Li Zhe, section chief of the Domestic Security Division of the Mudanjiang Public Security Bureau: 86-13604831098 (Cell)
Peng Fuming, policeman from the Mudanjiang Public Security Bureau: 86-13845344344 (Cell)
Guan Jiumian, director of the Mudanjiang 610 Office: 86-13836378002 (Cell), 86-453-6412208 (Home), 86-453-6528931