Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Jiutai Forced Labor Camp in Jilin Province Changes Its Name But Still Detains Falun Gong Practitioners

September 19, 2010 |   By a Clearwisdom correspondent from Jilin Province

(Clearwisdom.net) The Isolation Team in Jiutai Forced Labor Camp in Jilin Province where Falun Gong practitioners were persecuted was dissolved on July 12, 2010. Actually, this was only a name change. It is now called "Jiutai Drug Rehabilitation Center," and 25-26 practitioners are still detained there.

The Isolation Team was created in May 2004 to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. Guards used various methods to persecute practitioners, including instigating inmates to persecute practitioners indirectly. In 2006, the unit's name was changed to "Strictly Controlled Team" to persecute practitioners who refused to "reform."In late 2009, the 610 Office tried to brainwash practitioners detained there, but not a single practitioner was "transformed." Instead, the practitioners jointly wrote a letter to clarify the truth about Falun Gong.

In April 2010, the Jilin 610 Office sent policemen Gao Zhilu and Ma Yuntao from the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City; collaborators Ma Chunlin, Li Keju, Yang Junsheng, and Li You; the former secretary of the Political and Judiciary Committee of Guo County; and others to Jiutai Forced Labor Camp to brainwash practitioners.

Beginning on April 12, 2010, they tried to brainwash practitioners Sun Renqi, Zheng Zhaoyun, Wang Yongqiang, and Wu Changqing. Every day they started a "conversation" beginning at breakfast time and lasting until 11:00 a.m., then another from 1:00 p.m. to dinner time, and another after dinner until 10:00 or 11:00 p.m. Sometimes the session lasts until 2:00 or 3:00 a.m. On some occasions, practitioners were not allowed to go downstairs to eat. Practitioners were persecuted by way of threats, decoys, slander, faking Master's articles, and extending their jail terms. Sometimes they tried to brainwash practitioners one-on-one or many-to-one, and sometimes they took turns trying to brainwash practitioners. They talked without any logical sense, and were happy for a while, then angry. Sometimes they offered praise, then switched to slander a few minutes later. The brainwashing continued until April 24, 2010, when they had to end it without success. After eight days of torture, practitioners suffered both physically and mentally, and many lost a lot of weight during this time.