Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Zhang Xiufang from Shenyang City Suffers Second Mental Collapse Due to Repeated Persecution (Photo)

July 21, 2010 |   By a practitioner from Shenyang City

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Zhang Xiufang's current state is one of crying one moment and laughing the next, and she doesn't recognize previous acquaintances. She has again suffered a mental collapse due to repeated persecution. Family members advised that she was in this condition when she was released from Masanjia Forced Labor Camp in Shenyang, Liaoning Province on July 1, 2010. She kept repeating that Zhang Huan and Shen Xiaoyu had beaten her while she was there, but when asked about other matters, she became frightened and shook her head or claimed that she couldn't remember anything else.

Ms. Zhang Xiufang, 55, is a retired employee of a chemical factory in Xinchengzi District, Shenyang City. Before she started practicing Falun Gong, she suffered from illnesses including psoriasis, gastric disorder and many other ailments. She had a severe case of psoriasis and her entire body was covered with red and scaly patches. Her family searched everywhere for doctors to cure her but failed to find any. In the spring of 1999, Ms. Zhang started to practice Falun Gong. Within a few months, all of her illnesses disappeared and she became a completely changed person.

In late 2000, Ms. Zhang went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa. She was seized by the police and subsequently sent to Shenxin Forced Labor Camp, where she was brutally beaten by guards. To protest against the persecution, she held a hunger strike and the guards then brutally force fed her.

Torture method used by the CCP: Electric baton shock

In February 2000, Ms. Zhang was sentenced to three years of forced labor. Guards at Longshan Forced Labor Camp brutally beat and used electric batons to shock her, as well as Wang Jingzhe and another practitioner. Ms. Zhang stood in the way to protect other practitioners from being tortured. Division head Tang Yubao then stripped off her clothes, and relentlessly beat her about the head. Several police officers used four electric batons to shock her simultaneously and she ran out of the room. Tang Yubao caught her and pushed her against a radiator, causing a severe wound on her chin that bled profusely and caused her to lose consciousness.

An eye witness said that when she was detained in Longshan Forced Labor Camp, her eyes were bruised, her face swollen, she was not allowed to use the bathroom on her own, and she frequently vomited.

The inhuman persecution and hell-like prison life caused Ms. Zhang to suffer a mental collapse. In spite of her condition, the guards continued to lock her in the most secluded room for fear that their crimes would be exposed. She was finally allowed to return home two years later. After returning home, with the help of kind hearted people, she began practicing Falun Gong again, and quickly regained her health.

On the morning of September 14, 2009, while buying vegetables at the local market, she gave a Shen Yun Performing Arts DVD to a vegetable vendor. Out of nowhere, Guo Ennian, the local community party secretary, jumped out and snatched the DVD, saying, "Now I have evidence. I have been following you for several days." He called officers from the Xinchengzi Police Station, who then arrested Ms. Zhang and ransacked her house. The courts in Shenbei New District sentenced her to a year of forced labor. She was sent to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp where she was persecuted, causing her to suffer another mental collapse.

Although Ms. Zhang could not clearly state where and how she was persecuted this time due to her mental condition, this is clear evidence of the abuse she suffered at Masanjia Forced Labor Camp.

Her family is terrified of the Communist regime and refused to let her have any contact with outsiders. They even forbid her from leaving the house.