(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 20 cities or counties in 11 provinces. In this report, 17 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 20 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Ms. Mu Qinglan and Ms. Zhao Yugui Taken to Detention Center
Ms. Mu Qinglan and Ms. Zhao Yugui are from Qiaoqi area of Shijiazhuang City. On the morning of May 26, 2010, when they were clarifying the truth to people, they were caught by the security video camera. The police from the Dongli Village Police Station were notified and they were arrested. The two practitioners were released that evening but their bicycles were kept at the police station. The next day, when they went back to get their bicycles, they were arrested again and sent the Shijiazhuang City Detention Center.
2. [Liaoning Province] Officials of Liaoning Province Women's Prison Refused to Let Ms. Yang Hong, a Practitioner from Huludao City, Meet Her Family for a Long Time
Yang Li, director of the Liaoning Province Women's Prison: 86-24-89296666 (Office), 86-24-86914173 (Home), 86-13390118299 (Cell)
Fang Shuxia, deputy director of the Liaoning Province Women's Prison: 86-24-89296633 (Office), 86-24-86164016 (Home), 86-13390116633 (Cell)
3. [Antu County, Jilin Province] Ms. Sun Hui from Erdao Baihe Area in Auty County Arrested by Police from the Baihe Police Department and His Home Ransacked
4. [Yishui County, Shandong Province] Ms. Liu Qingrong Sent to Forced Labor Camp
On April 6, 2010, Ms. Liu Qingrong was sent to the Wangsun Women's Forced Labor Camp after more than a month of detention at the Linyi Detention Center since her arrest by police from the Gaoqiao Town Police Station.
5. [Tang County, Hebei Province] Ms. Tian Guiying and Ms. Di Fengru Sent to Forced Labor Camp
On May 25, 2010, Ms. Tian Guiying and Ms. Di Fengru were sent to the Luquan Women's Forced Labor Camp. Ms. Di Xifeng was released.
6. [Linyi City, Shandong Province] Taxi Driver Turns Mr. Wang Chaoming in to the Police for a Reward
Mr. Wang Chaoming is from Baishabu Town of Linyi City. At around 1:00 p.m. on April 29, 2010, while Mr. Wang was taking a taxi, he clarified the truth to the driver. Having been thoroughly deceived by the CCP's propaganda against Falun Gong, the driver took Mr. Wang to the Linyi City Railway Station Police Station and turned him in. The driver was rewarded 1000 yuan on the spot.
On May 27, 2010, his family was notified to pick him up at the Zhongguo Detention Center after 28 days of detention. However, the police refused to let him go when Mr. Wang was about to get in his relative's car and declared that he had to stay in a brainwashing center for five more days. He refused to cooperate and was forcibly taken to the brainwashing center. It was said that he would be detained there for a month. During his imprisonment in the detention center, his family was forced to pay 5000 yuan in so-called fines and they had to borrow cash from relatives.
There are eight other practitioners being detained at the brainwashing center held by the Linyi City 610 Office.
7. [Yutian County, Hebei Province] Ms. Li Zemei Sentenced to Forced Labor
On May 24, 2010, Ms. Li Zemei was secretly sent to the Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp after she was sentenced to three years of forced labor.
8. [Yutian County, Hebei Province] Ms. Xu Cui to Be Tried in Court at Around 10 a.m. on May 28, 2010
9. [Jiujiang City, Jiangxi Province] Police from Yong'an Police Station Harass Practitioners
The police from the Yong'an Police Station, Balihu Police Department in Jiujiang City have been harassing local practitioners. At around 10 a.m. one morning on May 2010, police officer Yang Qi and several other officers came to Ms. Huang Yindi's home in Binjiang Village, Yong'an County. They forced her son's fiancee to open the door of Ms. Huang's bedroom and confiscated several Falun Gong books. They later called Ms. Huang's son and asked him to inform Ms. Huang to go to the police station. Ms. Huang was just released on March 21, 2010 from the Jiangxi Women's Prison after three years of imprisonment. Her feet were swollen badly at the time of her release.
On the afternoon of May 19, 2010, Zhu Zunlou, the instructor of the Yong'an Police Station and two police officers came to the home of Ms. Wang Yuelan's parents to harass the couple, both of them nearly 80 years old.
Huang Liang, director of the Yong'an Police Station: 86-792-6840074 (Office), 86-792-6811578 (Home), 86-13607023899 (C)
10. [Miyi County, Sichuan Province] Mr. Yin Guanglu Arrested
On May 27, 2010, Mr. Yin Guanglu was arrested at home and then sent to the detention center. His home was also ransacked.
11. [Puning City, Guangdong Province] More Information on Mr. Chen Hongsong's Arrest
On the morning of May 18, 2010, the police from the Puning City Domestic Security Division and the Zhanlong Police Station went to Mr. Chen Hongsong's home in Zhanlong Town and arrested him. His home was ransacked at the same time. Mr. Chen is being detained at the Puning City Detention Center.
Early in 2000, Mr. Chen had been sentenced to four years of forced labor. On the morning of June 12, 2008, several police officers from the Zhanlong Police Station broke into Mr. Chen's home and tried to ransacked his home. Over a hundred neighbors came and stopped them.
Huang Haiqiang, director of local 610 Office: 86-663-2225060 (Office), 86-663-2265566, 86-13822909678 (Cell)
Wang Shaohong, director of the Puning City Police Department: 86-663-2252788, 86-13376513888 (Cell)
Zhang Huafeng, director of the Puning City Domestic Security Division: 86-663-2222432, 86-13376517298 (Cell)
12. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] More Information on Ms. Wang Chun Yan's Imprisonment in Liaoning Province Women's Prison
Ms. Wang Chunyan is being detained at the 10th Section, 2nd Ward of the Liaoning Province Women's Prison. Detainees at the 10th Section were often forced to do labor work overtime. In April 2010, the detainees at the 2nd Ward were forced to work on Sunday. Ms. Wang suffered high blood pressure and refused to work overtime. She was later sent to the prison hospital.
Liaoning Province Women's Prison, 10th Section: 86-24-89296899, 86-24-89296857
Yang Li, director of the Liaoning Province Women's Prison: 86-24-89296666, 86-24-86914173, 86-13390118299 (Cell)
13. [Liaoyuan City, Jilin Province] Mr. Li Tiekun Sent to Siping City Shiling Prison on May 7, 2010
14. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Yu Fanglin Sentenced to Five Years at Shahekou Court and She Is Appealing
15. [Tonghua County, Jilin Province] Ms. Tang Lili Arrested
On the morning of May 28, 2010, Ms. Tang Lili, in her 60's, was arrested while shopping at a shopping center in Tonghua County.
Wang Hongsheng, Deputy Party Secretary of the Tonghua County Politics and Law Committee:
86-435-5235791, 86-435-5228867, 86-13843538811 (Cell)
Li Bin, director of the Tonghua County Domestic Security Division: 86-435-5228581, 86-13844547155 (Cell)
16. [Shuangyanshan City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Sun Lijuan Arrested for the Third Time
Ms. Sun Lijuan, about 50, is an entrepreneur in Jixian County, Shuangyanshan City. Recently, officials from the Jixian County Police Departmen 610 Office arrested her. This was her third arrest for practicing Falun Gong.
On February 8, 2000, while Ms. Sun Lijuan's family was celebrating Chinese New Year at her mother's home, Li Qing, a police officer from the Qianqin Police Station came and forced Ms. Sun and her husband to go to the police station. When they arrived, Ms. Sun was arrested and sent to the detention center. She was detained 15 days. In May 2001, when she attended a Falun Gong experience sharing meeting, she was arrested again. She was released 15 days later.
Geng Zhendong, Deputy Party Secretary of Xijian County Police Department: 86-454-4676308, 86-13946688978 (Cell)
17. [Linzhou City, Henan Province] Mr. Wang Zhihua Sentenced to Ten Years in Prison for Browsing International Websites
Mr. Wang Zhihua is from Huangjiazhuang Village of Linzhou City. On September 10, 2009, he was arrested and sent to the Linzhou City Detention Center. Later, he was transferred to the Anyang Hanling Township Detention Center. The police searched Mr. Wang's home for Falun Gong related materials but did not find anything. They confiscated his three computers that he used for his work and tried to find anything "suspicious."
In April 2010, under the order of Lu Jinmin, chief officer from Anyang 610 Office, the Linzhou Court sentenced Mr. Wang 10 years in prison for browsing international websites. Mr. Wang is appealing.
Lu Jinmin, chief officer from Anyang 610 Office: 86-13513831888 (Cell)
18. [Sanhe City, Hebei Province] Ms. Li Caixiao Arrested
At around 8:00 a.m. on May 25, 2010, when Ms. Li Caixiao stepped out of her home, over a dozen of police officers from the Domestic Security Division and the Chengbei Police Station, who had been waiting outside, came and arrested her. Then they ransacked her home.
19. [Shandong Province] Mr. Gao Jianting Arrested
It was confirmed that Mr. Gao Jianting was arrested and detained at the Laiyang Detention Center. His sister, Ms. Gao Chunhong, had been arrested for taking care of Ms. Liu Zhimei, a practitioner and a former Tsinghua University student.
20. [Jinyun County, Zhejiang Province] Mr. Chen Mingxing Arrested on May 21, 2010 and His Home Ransacked
Jinyun County Politics and Law Committee: 86-578-3312198
21. [Huadian City, Jilin Province] More Information on Arrested Practitioners from Linjiang, Hongshi Town
On January 11, 2010, five practitioners: Mr. Bai Jingzhi, Ms. Qian Yuhua, Ms. Zhou Liping, Ms. Ma Yunfeng and Ms. Li Yumei were arrested and they were put on trial on May 25, 2010.
At around 5:00 p.m. on May 26, 2010, officials from the Jilin Province 610 Office and the Huadian City 610 Office, Zhou Jin, the director of the Hongshi Forest Bureau Police Station, arrested Ms. Bai Guiying and Ms. Bai Guizhi. Ms. Bai Guizhi was released the next day. Mr. Bai Jingzhi, Ms. Bai Guiying and Ms. Bai Guizhi are siblings.
Yan Baolin, director of the Huadian City 610 Office: 86-13704348883 (Cell), 86-432-6278191
22. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Yang Arrested
Practitioner Yang (first name unknown) is from Dongli District, Harbin City. When he was setting up the satellite receiver in Keshan Farm, Bai Chungun from the Keshan Farm Construction Bureau reported him to the authorities. Liang Rui, Liang Ziguo and police officers from the Keshan Farm Police Department arrested Mr. Yang and another practitioner with him. Both of them were sent to Qiqihar City.
23. [Wafangdian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Ni Cuixia Arrested Again Shortly After Being Released from Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Ni Cuixia from Xiyang Township, Wafangdian City was released from the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp on March 27, 2010. However, she was arrested again on May 27, 2010.
24. [Guan County, Shandong Province] Authorities' Attempt to Send Mr. Dong Weidong and Ms. Wu Guomin to Jinan Forced Labor Camp Fails Due to Physical Exam
On May 6, 2010, Mr. Dong Weidong and Ms. Wu Guomin, both from Guan County, were sent to the Jinan Forced Labor Camp. On May 15, 2010, they were sent back to Guan County. It was reported that this was due to poor health and injuries each of them suffered as a result of mistreatment they had been subjected to while previously detained in Guan County.
25. [Ningde City, Fujian Province] Ms. Ma Cuiying and Ms. Chen Xinguang Arrested
Ms. Ma Cuiying and Ms. Chen Xinhua, both in their 60's, are from Jiaocheng area, Ningde City. They have been detained at the Ningde City Detention Center for about 20 days. They were not allowed to meet with their family or their lawyers. They could face a sentence of one year and nine months of forced labor.
26. [Langfang City, Hebei Province] More Information on Ms. Zhang Meilan's Arrest
Ms. Zhang Meilan is from Dongxiaoying Village, Luofa Town, Anci District, Langfang City. On the evening of May 27, 2010, the police from the Anci District Police Department and the Luofa Town Police Station arrested her. They also confiscated her Dafa books and a computer from her home.
Sun Yongmin, director of the Anci District Police Department: 86-13503162345 (Cell)
May 28, 2010