Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Geng Jin'e Dies in Custody in Beijing

June 29, 2010 |   By a Clearwisdom correspondent from Beijing, China

Name: Geng Jin'e (耿金娥)
Gender: Female
Age: 64
Address: 22-Fuxing Street, Haidian District, Beijing (海淀区复兴路22号院)
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Death: June 10, 2010
Date of Most Recent Arrest: November 28, 2008
Most Recent Place of Detention: Tuanhe Women's Forced Labor Camp in Daxing District, Beijing (北京市大兴团河女子劳教所)
City: Beijing
Persecution Suffered: Forced labor, brainwashing, beatings, home ransacked, interrogation, detention

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Geng Jin'e was tortured to death in the Tuanhe Women's Forced Labor Camp on June 10, 2010. The guards lied to her family, saying she died of a heart attack. After her family claimed that she never had heart problems, the guards said she died of a stroke. Under her family's continued questioning, the guards became speechless. When her family asked to read the medical rescue records and see the related video, the labor camp and Procuratorate pushed the responsibility back and forth, and they have yet to provide such records.

Ms. Geng's family filed with the appeals office with no result at all. They consulted with lawyers who replied that there aren't any legal documents that can be used currently. Without any way out, her family had to cremate her body on June 20 and bury her ashes.

Ms. Geng began practicing Falun Dafa in June 1993. She had had many diseases and was very weak, but after she started practicing, all of her sicknesses were cured. She became very healthy.

She was clarifying the truth in her hometown in Henan Province in 2002 when she was arrested and detained for more than 20 days. She was bailed out by her family.

Ms. Geng was arrested while passing out truth-clarifying materials in a neighborhood in November 2002 then taken to the Tuanhe Women's Forced Labor Camp in Daxing District for a three-year term. She refused to write the three statements or curse Dafa and its founder. The guards brutally beat her multiple times until she lost consciousness, then rushed her to the hospital to be rescued. The guards told the doctor that she lost consciousness because she fell.

The long-term inhuman torture caused Ms. Geng to appear very sick; she was nearly blind in both of her eyes and emaciated. After being released from the labor camp in 2005, she regained some health through practicing Falun Dafa, and she passionately tried to clarify the truth.

Ms. Geng was arrested once again on November 28, 2008 while clarifying the truth on a bus. The police did not find anything after ransacking her home twice. Without following any legal procedures, the police took her to the Daxing Women's Forced Labor Camp again, this time for a two-year term. Her family made requests to bail her out on medical parole many times, but each request was denied.

Her family went to visit her in April 2010 and saw that she was being supported by two people to move. They requested medical parole again, but the guards told them only AIDS patients or those that could not take care of themselves were allowed to be out on medical parole.