Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

More Information on Mr. Wang Dianren, Who Died from Torture in Siping Prison, Jilin Province

June 01, 2010 |   By our correspondent in Jilin Province, China

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Wang Dianren, fifty years old at the time of his death, was a bricklayer at the Tonghua City Construction Company. Mr. Wang was arrested by Tonghua City police officers and brutally tortured with beatings and electric shocks. He was also exposed to freezing temperatures which left him with frostbite, and scalding temperatures which burned his body. He was sentenced to three and a half years at Siping Prison (in Siping City) in 2005 and died from torture after only six days.

From August 11-14, 2005, Mr. Wang was detained in the "Education Ward" in Siping Prison. Upon arrival, he began a hunger strike to protest the persecution. His protest lasted until his death several days later. Although official information about him has been strictly blocked, a prisoner who referred to himself as Hao described what he witnessed about Mr. Wang's fatal torture:

Mr. Wang was locked inside a small cell. His hands and feet were tightly tied to a bed and he was force-fed. Prison officials assigned to personally monitor Mr. Wang took turns guarding him. At around 10 a.m. on the morning of his death, he was carried to the prison hospital for force-feeding, since he had difficulty walking by himself. According to the witness, Mr. Wang, already very weak, was telling prisoners the facts about Falun Dafa. At around 2 p.m., a prisoner who was assigned to monitor Mr. Wang found that he was unconscious, so he called the prison doctor Wang Zhiguo. The doctor stabbed the soles of Mr. Wang's feet with a large needle and sent him for emergency treatment. After a while, Mr. Wang slowly regained consciousness.

At around 3 p.m., the head of the education ward, Yin Shoudong, came to the hospital, where several prisoners updated him on Mr. Wang's condition for over an hour. The prison doctor asked if Mr. Wang should be transferred to an outside hospital or sent to a small cell. Yin said, "Send him to a small cell."

The prison hospital is only about three to four hundred meters away from the small cell, but Mr. Wang was too weak to walk on his own. The officer in charge of monitoring him, Li Haijun (an official from Gongzhuling who had persecuted many practitioners), and another officer, Zhong Yanlong, carried him to the small cell.

When they arrived at the cell, they tied Mr. Wang's hands and feet to the bed. After a while, they found that he was breathing heavily and unable to speak. The inmates assigned to monitor Mr. Wang that day asked the officer in charge, Li Haijun, to report Mr. Wang's condition to Yin Shoudong, fearing that he was in a very dire state. Li Haijun reported the situation to Yin, but Yin did not authorize medical treatment for Mr. Wang. The inmates then returned to their cells.

At around 6 p.m., the officers guarding the small cell summoned inmates to help move Mr. Wang. When they arrived at the small cell, Mr. Wang was unable to speak. As instructed, they wrapped him up in a blanket and quickly carried him over to the prison hospital, but he died before they got there. After they arrived at the hospital, the doctors asked them to leave. After a while, an ambulance came. They covered his body with a blanket and then put him in the car, claiming that they were sending him to Siping City for emergency treatment. In reality, he had been dead for quite a while already.

As noted from the information above, Yin Shoudong is directly responsible for Mr. Wang's death by instigating his torture and deny him medical treatment. Since Yin was appointed head of the education ward, four practitioners have died as a result of persecution. Yin was later transferred to be the head of Division Six.

There are still over 80 Falun Gong practitioners detained in Siping Prison in Jilin province. The prison started to take in and persecute practitioners in 2004. The "Education Ward" was established in January 2005 solely to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. At least four practitioners have been persecuted to death and dozens of practitioners have been subjected to various kinds of torture in Siping Prison over the past few years.