Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Chen Zhongxuan and His Family Persecuted

May 01, 2010 |   By a correspondent in Gansu Province, China

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Chen Zhongxuan, 50 years old, is a former police officer from Huining County, Gansu Province. He and more than a dozen of his family members practice Falun Gong. During the Chinese Communist Party's (CCP) ten year persecution of Falun Gong, Mr. Chen and his family have been persecuted, and he is constantly being monitored. His two younger sisters, Ms. Chen Shuxian and Ms. Chen Jie, were illegally put into a forced labor camp and prison and physically tortured. His elder sister Ms. Chen Shumei and her husband Mr. Liu Haixue were forced to leave home to go into hiding. His two brothers passed away in 2008, as a result of being tortured. Previously CCP agents threatened them, ransacked their homes, and put all sorts of other pressure and hardships on them.

CCP Agents Monitor Mr. Chen Zhongxuan for Years

After the CCP started persecuting Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Mr. Chen Zhongxuan went to a Gansu provincial government office to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. He was detained for two days and then for another 15 days. After that he was taken to the Huishi Town Brainwashing Center in Huining County, organized by the county's Political and Legal Committee and Police Department. He was detained for another 15 days and then dismissed by officials from the Police Department. Mr. Chen went to work at a township government office in May 2000. There, he was frequently threatened and verbally abused by Wen Dehui, deputy party secretary of Huining County and party secretary of the county's Political and Legal Committee, and Wang Qingguo, party secretary of the township. Over this time he and his telephone calls have been monitored constantly.

Younger Sister Chen Shuxian Forced into Divorce and Develops Illness as a Result of Intensive Forced Labor in Prison

Ms. Chen Shuxian, who is in her forties and is one of Mr. Chen Zhongxuan's younger sisters, was fined for appealing for Falun Gong at the provincial government after July 20, 1999. She was sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor in 2001, because she was clarifying the facts about Falun Gong to people. She managed to escape and went into hiding in Yinchuan City, Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region. On the evening of August 18, 2002, police officers from the Xincheng Police Department, Yinchuan, arrested her when she was hanging up banners that clarify the facts about Falun Gong. They detained her in the Yinchuan City Detention Center and forced her to perform heavy labor. She was not allowed to eat if she didn't finish her work quota. She was taken into custody by the Xincheng Procuratorate, Yinchuan on November 18, 2002.

During her detention, her husband divorced her, due to not being able to withstand the CCP's pressure.

The Yinchuan City Police Department, 610 Office, and Court, as well as the Huining County Police Department and 610 Office collaborated together and sentenced Ms. Chen Shuxian to three and half years in prison. She was incarcerated at Yinchuan City Women's Prison.

While Ms. Chen was in prison, she was forced to do intensive sewing work, and as a result contracted an illness in her eyes. She also suffered from blocked tear ducts, infected follicles, and right facial atrophy. During the entire prison term, she was not allowed to see her family when they came to visit her.

When her prison term ended on February 18, 2006, Kang Yingxiang from the Huining County 610 Office and Yun Ping, head of the National Security Team of the Huining County Police Department, took her to the Longjiawan Brainwashing Center in Lanzhou City, Gansu Province and continued to imprison her.

Ms. Chen Shuxian, who was emaciated from the persecution, finally returned home in the fall of 2006.

Younger Sister Chen Jie Tortured at Police Station and Imprisoned for Three Years

Mr. Chen Zhongxuan's other younger sister, Ms. Chen Jie, is in her thirties. In November 2002, she brought some clothes to her older sister, Ms. Chen Shuxian, at the Yinchuan City Detention Center. Police officers followed her on her way back home. A few days later on November 16, 2002, police officers ransacked her home. They took her to the police station and beat her with an electric baton, which was wrapped in rubber. They shouted loudly, "Killing you is like killing an ant. Let's see what others will do to you when we hand you over to another place."

The Police Station's Political Commissar Zhang Yong interrogated Ms. Chen and continued torturing her. The police hung her from a rack made up of four iron tubes and whipped her with a rope that was made with metal wires. Policeman Yu Guangling tortured her with various instruments for three consecutive days and didn't allow her to eat or drink. He threatened her, "If you don't tell us where you got the Falun Gong materials, you will be hung up forever." Ten policemen took turns torturing her. Policewoman Xing Chunhua also cursed at and beat her. Ms. Chen was later taken to the Huining County's Police Department and detained for fifteen days. Then she managed to escape and went into hiding.

Ms. Chen Jie was later arrested on December 8, 2003, by police officers from the Lanzhou City National Security Bureau, Gansu Province and imprisoned at the province's National Security Bureau Detention Center. On April 7, 2005, she was sentenced to three years in prison and taken to Gansu Province Women's Prison. After her prison term ended, she went into hiding again.

Original Article: April 20, 2010