Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Zhu Chunlian Has Been Persecuted for Many Years

April 30, 2010 |   By a correspondent in Hubei Province, China

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Zhu Chunlian, 68, retired from the Wuhan Engineering and Research Institute (iron and steel industry), has been persecuted many times by members of Chinese Communist Party (CCP) because she practices Falun Gong. She has been repeatedly detained, forced to attend brainwashing sessions, and illegally monitored. Also, her home has been ransacked on numerous occasions. She has been torture physically and mentally.

On February 15, 2000, Ms. Zhu and a fellow practitioner went to the Beijing Bureau for Letters and Complaints to appeal for justice on behalf of Falun Dafa. They were arrested by the Wuhan police (in plainclothes) stationed in Beijing. Later, she was taken back to Wuhan by officers from the Qingshan and Yejin Street police stations and Xiong Youyun from Ms. Zhu's place of employment at the time. On February 18, officers from the Yejin Street Police Station colluded with her employer to detain her in her employer's hotel. They forced her to attend a 10-day brainwashing session.

From December 26, 2000, to January 9, 2001, she was arrested and held at the Wuhan Detention Center for 15 days because she talked about the goodness of Falun Gong practice to a colleague named Long Zhihua.

On January 9, 2001, officer Wang from the Yejin Street Police Station and Zhang from her company's Retiree Office took Ms. Zhu to the Qingshan District Brainwashing Center. She was told that she would be monitored for a year. Around October 11, the brainwashing center was moved to the Worker's Village in Sanjiefang. The newly built facility was just like a prison, and prison-style tactics were employed there. She was not allowed to go downstairs or to talk with others. She had to shout, "Reporting here" whenever she went downstairs. She had no freedom.

At that time, eight practitioners went on a group hunger strike to protest the maltreatment. On the sixth evening, she and fellow practitioner Chen Xi were taken to their employers' hotel for further detention. The hotel was essentially a private prison. She went on another 10-day hunger strike and was then released. During the 10 months she spent at the brainwashing center, her family was made to pay 3,000 yuan for her living expenses.

In August 2002, CCP secretary Wang Weiming of the 30th Neighborhood Committee directed two residents from other streets to monitor Ms. Zhu at her home for months. She was not informed that this was occurring, but one day she realized that she was being followed. She asked those following her why they were following her. They replied that they just wanted to make some money. She clarified the truth to Wang Weiming. Wang replied that the CCP had paid her to do a job. Ms. Zhu told Wang that she should not persecute Falun Gong practitioners because good and bad deeds will be compensated accordingly, and it would not be good for her and her family. That night, Ms. Zhu also called residence police officer Zhang at the local police station. Eventually, the monitors were dismissed.

On October 29, 2002, before the CCP 16th Conference, Yejin Street police officers took Zhu Chunlian to the Qingshan Brainwashing Center. She was not allowed to sleep, was verbally abused, and was forced to stand for long periods of time. Her arms were twisted behind her back, and she was physically attacked four times, the longest session lasting five hours and the shortest 40 minutes.

At 10 a.m. on March 3, 2004, when she was clarifying truth and handing information about Falun Gong to a taxi driver, officer Guo Duanfeng of the Qingshan Police Station arrested her. She was taken to Qingshan Police Station. At 7:30 that evening, Guo Duanfeng and others took her to the city First Detention Center.

On March 4, Xu Xinchun and other police officers from the Qingshan Police Station ransacked her home and confiscated her Falun Gong books, exercise tapes, photos of Master Li, and other Falun Gong materials.

After 4:00 p.m. on March 12, He Nanping from the Qingshan Police Station and other police officers, agents of the Neighborhood Committee, and monitoring personnel transferred her to the 610 Office Yujiatou Brainwashing Center in the Wuchang District. There were three sets of gates to pass through. All Dafa practitioners were individually locked up and not allowed to go out or even to see the sun.

Four officers and six accomplices lived at the brainwashing center and persecuted Dafa practitioners for the duration of their terms. They were paid a salary and called themselves "instructors." There were 12 who were not paid but ate their meals there. Like any other day job, they went there in the morning and went home in the evening. They also directly assisted in the persecution of practitioners. They followed the police officers' orders and forced practitioners to undergo the brainwashing process, tried to "transform" them, and carried out the physical and mental abuse. Some practitioners were injected with unidentified drugs.

Later, Ms. Zhu had to eat in a small dining room in the dining hall every day. At every meal, more than 10 people surrounded her. They coerced, deceived, and pressured her. On April 14, drugs were put into her food that made her confused and caused her to make mistakes. On April 15, she wrote a solemn statement and declared all the documents she had written again her will as a result of the persecution were invalid.

By the time she had been in the brainwashing center for over a month, her weight had dropped by more more than 5 kilograms, she had a lot more white hair, her complexion was very pale, and the physical abuse had damaged her body.

Around 10 o'clock on September 12, 2008, she was passing Dianshi Computer Training School. For no reason, a police officer dragged her into the school building and got another officer to watch her. Around 11 o'clock, they transferred her to the Yejin Street Police Station and detained her for eight hours. An officer at the Yejin Street Police Station took the keys from her handbag and illegally entered and ransacked her home. At the police station, an officer repeatedly slapped her face.

Those involved in abusing Ms. Zhu include:

Yuan Lianghong, head of the Qingshan 610 Office

Zhang Zujun, Qingshan National Security Brigade

Staff from the Yejin Street Police Station.

Original article date: 4/14/2010