Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Jiang Shixiang of Jinchang City, Gansu Province Tortured

April 17, 2010 |   By a correspondent in Gansu Province, China

Name: Jiang Shixiang (蒋世香)
Gender: Female
Age: 41
Occupation: Employee of the Materials Branch, Jinchuan Group Co., Jinchang City, Gansu Province
Date of Most Recent Arrest: October 31, 2007
Most Recent Place of Detention: Yongchang County Detention Center (永昌县看守所)
City: Yongchang
Province: Gansu
Persecution Suffered: Electric shocks, sleep deprivation, brainwashing, beatings, being hung up, imprisonment, torture, home ransacked, interrogation, detention.

(Clearwisdom.net) On October 31, 2007, Ms. Jiang Shixiang and two other Falun Dafa practitioners, Ms. Ma Yongyan and Ms. Yang Chengmei, were abducted by the police. In the ensuing months, officials from the Police Bureau in Jinchang City and the Detention Center in Yongchang County subjected Ms. Jiang to all kinds of tortures in order to force her to speak. The following is a detailed account.

At approximately 9:00 a.m. on the morning of October 31, 2007, three police officers, led by Xing Fuqiang from the Domestic Security Division, Longshou Police Department, and two from Xinhualu Police Station arrived at the factory where Ms. Jiang worked. They called her up to the plant head's office and asked if she'd heard of Falun Gong. When Ms. Jiang replied with, "Yes, Falun Dafa is good" Xing Fuqiang and Li Juan directed their subordinates to push her down on the couch. Without showing any warrant, they searched her locker and purse.

Ms. Jiang demanded to know why she was being treated unjustly and was only told that it was because she said Falun Dafa is good. They then took her house key, dragged her into a vehicle and drove to her house, which they ransacked for two hours. They took away her computer and some Dafa books as well as copies of Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party.

At 12:00 p.m., they took her to the Detox Center in Jinchang City for interrogation. Shang Kewu from the Domestic Security Division of Jinchang City's Public Security Bureau shackled her to the radiator, while Li Xinhua, Yan Zhengwu and Dai Baoji took turns interrogating her. Because there was no indoor heating, they moved all three of them to the Jinchuan Detox Center, where they were not allowed to sleep for 48 hours. When Ms. Jiang refused to cooperate with them, Xing Fuqiang grabbed and kicked her hard and threatened to hang her by the shackles over the heated radiator.

At noon on November 2, Ms. Jiang and Ms. Ma Yongyan were jailed in Jinchang Detention Center. The practitioners went through 48 hours of interrogation since October 31, when they were abducted. But the police wrote November 1 as the date of arrest in the related documents.

On the morning of November 5, female guard Zou Bin and 3 to 4 male guards cornered Ms. Jiang, and punched and kicked her until she was screaming in pain. But that was not enough. Two inmates then dragged her to the office and continued to beat her with leather strips and wooden sticks until she passed out on the cold cement floor. By the time they moved her back to the cell, she had sustained injuries to her lumbar disc, the little finger of her right hand was broken and her arms were black and blue, and swollen.

Ms. Jiang, who was incapacitated, was moved on November 18 to the Yongchang County's Detention Center by Shang Kewu, Li Xinhua, and Xing Fuqiang, where she was stripped and searched by a doctor.

At 2:00 p.m. on November 11, Ms. Jiang lost consciousness and when she developed heart problems, the doctor had to give her some shots and put her on intravenous fluids.

Given Ms. Jiang's condition, Li Defu didn't want her to be in the detention center, but she wanted to go home to see her child and have her husband take her to the hospital. And yet, Xing Fuqing and Dai Baoji sent her to the Yongchang County's Detention Center anyway. She could not take care of herself for one month. In the middle of the night, they even played horror sounds to scare her. The inmates were so scared that they covered themselves with their blanket. For a few months, her family was not even allowed to send her food.

Once when Ms. Jiang was being interrogated, her husband was present, so they lied to her by saying if she would give up Falun Gong, they would let her go home. When her husband was not there, they told her that they would not release her, saying, "You have to cooperate with us and tell on your fellow practitioners. Otherwise, we will blame everything on you."

On December 10, 2007, officials from the Longshou Police Department, Zhen Zuohu and Yang Zengzhi, issued an arrest warrant for Jiang Shixiang and on March 14, 2008, the Jinchuan Court put her on trial. Due to lack of evidence, the case was thrown out. And yet, officials from the Jinchang Domestic Division still put Jiang Shixiang and Ma Yongyan under surveillance and did not allow them to leave Jinchang City.

Even after Ms. Jiang went back to work, the party bosses at all levels of her company, Wang Lixiang, Chen Bo, Wang Jingxin, pressured her to write a guarantee statement not to practice Falun Gong, which she refused to do. The local 610 Office ordered that Ms. Jiang's income for 2008 be confiscated.

April 6, 2010