Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Lei Jingxiong, Who Was Almost Cremated Alive, Is Arrested Again (Photos)

April 14, 2010 |   By a correspondent from Hunan Province, China

Name: Lei Jingxiong (a.k.a. Lei Lan) (雷井雄, 雷岚)
Gender: Male
Age: 30
Address: Jiahe County, Chenzhou City, Hunan Province
Occupation: Unemployed
Date of Most Recent Arrest: June 18, 2009
Most Recent Place of Detention: Xishui County Detention Center (习水县看守所)
City: Xishui County
Province: Guizhou
Persecution Suffered: Forced labor, brainwashing, illegal sentencing, beatings, imprisonment, torture, interrogation, detention

(Clearwisdom.net) On June 28, 2009, Falun Gong practitioner Lei Jingxiong was arrested by a Chinese Communist Party (CCP) National Security police officer at the airport when he was on his way to a new job. Later, he was sent to the Xishui County Detention Center in Guizhou Province by the Xishui County Public Security Division. In 2010, Mr. Lei's family received a notice from Douyun Prison in Guizhou Province, indicating that Mr. Lei had been sentenced to 8 years in prison and sent to the prison on January 14, 2010.

During the past ten years of persecution, Mr. Lei Jingxiong has been constantly harassed and tortured by the CCP. In 2004, police officers from Tianxing Public Security Bureau in Changsha City, Hunan Province had seemingly beaten Mr. Lei to death. As his body was about to be cremated in a funeral home, a female officer discovered he was still alive and stopped the cremation. Mr. Lei was taken to a hospital, where he was again beaten. All the beatings caused his face to become disfigured.

Mr. Lei Jingxiong before the persecution

Mr. Lei Jingxiong after being tortured

Mr. Lei Jingxiong after being tortured

Mr. Lei started to practice Falun Dafa in 1997 while still in high school. In 2000, dozens of high school students in Jiahe County cheated on their college entrance exams, with the exception of Mr. Lei (his name was Lei Lan back then). A newspaper reporter interviewed him at the time. Half a semester after Mr. Lei entered Hunan Normal University in Changsha City, he and two other students were recommended to study in the Central Academy of Fine Arts in Beijing.

After the persecution of Falun Dafa started, Mr. Lei was arrested six times and tortured each time. While Mr. Lei was still in college, officers from the Jiahe County 610 Office and Public Security Bureau arrested him and detained him at the Jiahe Detention Center for 29 days. The Public Security Bureau demanded 4,000 yuan from him. Then, the 610 Office demanded 3,000 yuan and an officer demanded another 3,000 yuan from him. Mr. Lei was too poor to pay. Eventually his uncle paid the 10,000 yuan, and he was released.

The second time Mr. Lei was taken to a detention center, he went on a protest hunger strike for twelve days. The police did not want to take responsibility for his death, so they asked his family to take him home.

In 2001, Mr. Lei went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa. He walked for 33 days to get there. Once he got there, officers from the Jiahe 610 Office and Public Security Bureau arrested him. He was imprisoned in the Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp in Changsha City and tortured for six months. He was then transferred to the Jiahe Detention Center, where he was imprisoned for another six months.

In 2002, Mr. Lei went to Beijing to earn a living. Staff at the Jiahe 610 Office forbade him to leave town because he practiced Falun Dafa. They arrested him in Beijing and sent Mr. Lei back to Jiahe County.

Five days after he was back home, the police arrested Mr. Lei again. In 2003, the 610 Office in Dongguan County, Guangdong Province posted a public notice and promised a 1,000-yuan reward for his capture. The officers also arrested his father and two brothers-in-law and interrogated them.

On August 18, 2004, officers from the Tianxing Public Security Bureau in Changsha City, Hunan Province arrested Mr. Lei. They tortured him and beat him, seemingly to death. The officers took him to a funeral home. Before he was to be cremated, however, he moved slightly. Mr. Lei was subsequently taken to the Changsha City Central Hospital.

While Mr. Lei was being treated, the police continued to beat him. All of his teeth were loosened, his chin was shattered, and the flesh on his face was torn until his cheek bones were exposed. One of his eyes popped out slightly and he lost hearing in one of his ears. The doctors had to cut open his throat so that they could feed him food through the opening. The doctors used metal clamps to secure his face for 40 days.

After Mr. Lei recovered, one of his relatives arranged a job for him. On June 18, 2009, he and his uncle Xiao Meisheng were about to fly from Guangzhou City to Hangzhou City for his new job. The airport security staff arrested him, claiming that he had a razor blade in his wallet. At 10:40 a.m., two police officers put Mr. Lei into a police car and took him to an unknown location.

In July 2009, a person called Mr. Lei's family and said that Mr. Lei was transferred from the Guangzhou Domestic Security Brigade to the Xishui County Detention Center in Guizhou City on June 28, 2009. The person told his family that he might be sentenced. Mr. Lei's father wrote a letter to the Xishui County police, which remains unanswered. In 2010, the family received notice that Mr. Lei had received an eight-year prison term.

Related article: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2005/5/16/60804.html