Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

The Persecution Suffered by Mr. Chen Yuanlong from Fushun City Before His Death

March 04, 2010 |   By a correspondent in Liaoning Province, China

Name: Chen Yuanlong (程元龙)
Gender: Male
Age: 55
Address: Gebu Street, Shuncheng District, Fushun City, Liaoning Province
Date of Death: March 7, 2008
Date of Most Recent Arrest: October 2001
Most Recent Place of Detention: Benxi Prison (本溪监狱)
City: Benxi City
Province: Liaoning Province
Persecution Suffered: Illegal sentencing, beatings, hung up, imprisonment, solitary confinement, torture

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Chen Yuanlong started practicing Falun Dafa in 2000. In October 2001, he was arrested while distributing Falun Dafa materials. In November 2001, he was illegally detained by local police. The police kicked him in the ribs, causing internal injuries that did not heal even after six months. Later, Mr. Chen was sentenced to forced labor.

While incarcerated at Wujiabao Forced Labor Camp, Mr. Chen was locked up in solitary confinement and beaten on many occasions. Solitary confinement consists of a metal cage just large enough to hold one person. The first time he was put in a cage was in December 2001. His hands were cuffed to the iron bars so that he could not sit down. He was forced to stand in the cage day and night without relief. As a result, his feet and legs swelled up severely, and he could not put on shoes.

The disciplinary unit and the cages were located on the second floor of the No. 9 brigade in the prison. The perpetrators included political commissar Liu Zhigang, captain Wu Wei, Han Liming, and Ren Fuming. In 2001, the captain of the No. 9 brigade was Zhang Wei and the political director was Han Liming. In 2002, the captain was Wu Aidong, and the political director was Ren Fuming. Wu Wei was the captain of the brigade that persecuted the Dafa practitioners.

They use many methods to torture practitioners, including beating, tying with ropes, and being tied in the airplane position for a long period of time. Sometimes, they forced practitioners to stand facing a wall with the head bent down until the back of the head is against the wall and both hands are flat against the wall, above the head. Practitioners were forced to stay in this position until they lost consciousness.

On April 16, 2002, Mr. Chen Yuanlong was viciously beaten under the instruction of political commissar Liu Zhigang and captain Wu Wei. He was locked in a cage with both hands cuffed to the metal door for a week.

In November 2002, without any evidence or an open trial, CCP officials sentenced Mr. Chen to six years in prison. The sentence was due to be completed in November 2007. He was incarcerated in Xihu Prison in Benxi City, Liaoning Province.

After several years of imprisonment and persecution, Mr. Chen was emaciated, but the persecution continued to escalate. Eventually, he was so weak that he could not even stand on his own. When the family asked to have him released for medical treatment, the prison officials refused the request.

On August 20, 2007, without anyone notifying his family, the prison took Mr. Chen home, because he was near death. During the next six months, he wasn't able to eat due the severe abuse he had suffered in prison. In the end, Mr. Chen Yuanlong passed away.

Written on February18, 2010