Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Lu Xianming Subjected to Continuous Persecution, Remains Imprisoned

March 20, 2010 |   By correspondent from Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province, China

Name: Lu Xianming (陆羡明)
Gender: Female
Age: Approximately 43
Address: Liwan District, Guangzhou City
Occupation: Unknown

Date of Most Recent Arrest: September 23, 2006
Most Recent Place of Detention:
Guangzhou Women's Prison (广东省女子监狱)
City: Guangzhou
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, physical constraint, sleep deprivation, denial of restroom use, force-feedings, drug administration, solitary confinement, illegal sentencing

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Lu Xianming from Guangzhou City has been imprisoned at the Guangzhou Women's Prison since January 15, 2007.

Ms. Lu was previously detained at various facilities, including the Liwan District Detention Center in Guangzhou City, Huangpu Brainwashing Center, Baiyun District Brainwashing Center, Guangzhou City Brainwashing Center and the Chatou Detention Center in Guangzhou. She was also sentenced by the Liwan District Court of Guangzhou City to five years of imprisonment in 2007 while she was confined to a wheelchair.

Ms. Lu Xianming is about 43 years old and from Liwan District, Guangzhou City. After the persecution of Falun Gong started in China on July 20, 1999, Ms. Lu persisted in her beliefs. She was arrested in Beijing while appealing for the right to practice Falun Gong. She was sentenced to one year of forced labor, then transferred to a brainwashing center.

In early 2003, Ms. Lu's father, who was deceived by propaganda from the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), even requested that the 610 Office send his daughter to the Chatou Forced Labor Camp in Guangzhou City. Ms. Lu was sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor. After the forced labor term expired, she was transferred to the Guangzhou City Brainwashing Center for nearly 7 months.

During her time at the Guangzhou Brainwashing Center, there were over 20 other practitioners held there; some were 60 to 70 years old. The CCP officials put those practitioners who refused to give up Falun Gong into strict control groups, where each practitioner was monitored by two people. The practitioners were not allowed to leave their rooms nor talk to other people. Every day, they were allowed to leave only to take a shower. Guards bound Ms. Lu three times in attempts to force her to give up her beliefs.

During her detention at the forced labor camp, Ms. Lu endured the most evil and cruel torture methods, such as sleep deprivation, not being allowed to use the toilet, being made to stand still for a long time, having her legs bound, and an overall spiritual wearing down. The evildoers bound the legs of Ms Lu, Ms. Wang Qian and Ms. Deng Yi for long periods of time. Some practitioners' legs were swollen and developed infections. The practitioners went on a hunger strike in protest. Ms. Lu was on a hunger strike for a few months, so guards instructed the inmates to force-feed her by prying her mouth open with a metal spoon. They inserted a nasal tube, and simply left it there for a long period of time. The guards often added several kinds of drugs to the food that they forced into her. The inmates involved in the force-feeding spoke often about the use of drugs in the food. Ms. Lu's internal organs were seriously injured and her weight dropped to less than 20 kilograms (approximately 44 pounds). The forced labor camp officials sent her to a hospital for "treatment," and she was hospitalized for about three months. After returning from the hospital, she was held in a strict control group.

On the evening of September 23, 2009, Ms. Lu was arrested while distributing truth-clarification materials on Enning Road, Liwan District, and taken to the Liwan District Detention Center. She went on a hunger strike to protest the CCP's persecution. The forced labor camp authorities sent her to the Guangzhou City Armed Police Hospital. Her hands and feet were cuffed to the bed by the hospital's armed police, who then inserted a thick tube into her nose. They demanded that she slander Falun Dafa and its founder. After a period of time, Ms. Lu was taken back to the Liwan District hospital to undergo force-feeding. None of her family were willing to visit her at the forced labor camp, because they were terrified of the CCP's despotic power.

During the time when Ms. Lu was extremely weak due to the long-term hunger strike, on November 20 and December 20, 2006, Liwan District Court of Guangzhou City officials placed her in a wheelchair, and escorted her from the hospital to the court. Ms. Lu did not say a word in court on the morning of November 20, and her lawyer (appointed by the CCP) entered a guilty plea as a mere formality. The Liwan District Court sentenced her to five years in prison. On January 15, 2007, Ms. Lu was taken to the Guangdong Provincial Women's Prison, where she is currently held.

Fang Zhihong, judge responsible for Ms. Lu's case: 86-20-81266197