Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Suihua City Forced Labor Camp Tortures Mr. Jiang Bingzhi to Death (Photo)

March 14, 2010 |   By a correspondent in Heilongjiang Province, China

Name: Jiang Bingzhi (姜秉志)
Gender: Male
Age: 59
Address: Changfa Village, Shiquan Town, Beian City, Heilongjiang Province
Date of Death: August 26, 2009
Date of Most Recent Arrest: September 22, 2008
Most Recent Place of Detention: Suihua City Forced Labor Camp (绥化市劳教所)
City: Suihua
Province: Heilongjiang
Persecution Suffered: Electric shock, sleep deprivation, illegal sentencing, beatings, imprisonment, torture

(Clearwisdom.net) In October 2008, Mr. Jiang Bingzhi was imprisoned at Suihua City Forced Labor Camp. It wasn't until Mr. Jiang had been tortured into a comatose state and sent to Beian Hospital that officials from the forced labor camp notified his family that he was on the verge of death. He passed away only four days later, on August 26, 2009.

Mr. Jiang Bingzhi

On September 22, 2008, policeman Zuo Shaoqiu from Shiquan Police Station arrested Mr. Jiang and held him at Beian City Detention Center, without informing his family. Thirty-nine days later, on October 30, 2008, Mr. Jiang was illegally sentenced to two years of forced labor at Suihua City Forced Labor Camp.

In the spring of 2009, Mr. Jiang was confined in the 2nd team of the division that was specifically set up to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. The guards there incited inmate Sun Zhihai to beat up practitioners. Sun claimed Mr. Jiang had lice and so beat him every day. Sun often cornered Mr. Jiang in the cell and beat him fiercely while other inmates verbally abused him. Mr. Jiang's health gradually deteriorated. His hands and feet went numb, his vision became blurry and he usually felt dizzy.

By July 2009, Mr. Jiang's symptoms had become very severe and the forced labor camp had to take him to Suihua City First People's Hospital. The labor camp refused to reveal the diagnosis other than to say that his brain did not receive enough supply of blood. In spite of his condition, the persecution in the labor camp escalated. The guards deprived him of phone calls to his family and refused to allow him to buy items from the labor camp's store. The guards also ordered inmate Sun Chengzhong to monitor Mr. Jiang and record everything he said or did, including when he used the restroom and whenever he talked with anyone. Under the guards' instruction, Sun Chengzhong often beat and cursed Mr. Jiang. One time, Sun Chengzhong climbed to the top of the bunk-bed and used his belt to try to hang Mr. Jiang by the neck in order to suffocate him.

At the end of June, Mr. Jiang was subjected to constant beating from inmates Sun Maokun and Sun Chengzhong. The beatings were so bad that Mr. Jiang became unable to control his bladder and bowels. He also had difficulty moving his arms and legs.

In August, Mr. Jiang's health continued to deteriorate. He could hardly eat and could barely open his eyes. The guards dragged and pushed him out of the cell and told others that they were taking Mr. Jiang to the hospital. When Mr. Jiang was brought back, he had more bruises on his body. Guards Shi Jian and Jin Qingfu told the inmates in the cell to strictly monitor Mr. Jiang and not allow him to talk with anyone.

On the afternoon of August 22, division head Pan Juying and others carried Mr. Jiang into an observation room where they beat him and shocked him with electric batons. Mr. Jiang was unconscious when they carried him back to his cell. When another detained Falun Gong practitioner helped him drink some water, Mr. Jiang vomited a green-colored liquid. Apparently, he had suffered internal injuries. Later, the guards threw two black plastic bags into the cell. The inmates in the cell immediately understood what they were to do. They put the black plastic bags over Mr. Jiang's head and tied them around his neck. Several inmates then beat Mr. Jiang until he was left with his last breath.

Soon after, guard Shi Jian came into the cell and ordered the inmates to carry Mr. Jiang to the labor camp's clinic. Within a few minutes, an ambulance came and took Mr. Jiang to a hospital for emergency care.

On August 22, the labor camp granted Mr. Jiang a temporary release so that he could seek medical treatment. Mr. Jiang passed away four days later on August 26.

Written on March 2, 2010