Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

The Persecution a Retired Teacher Has Endured in Kaiping Forced Labor Camp in Tangshan City

March 11, 2010 |   By our correspondent from Jilin Province, China

Name: Li Zhimin (李志民)
Gender: Female
Age: 57
Address: Yutian County, Hebei Province
Occupation: Retired public school teacher
Date of Most Recent Arrest: March 11, 2008
Most Recent Place of Detention: Kaiping City Forced Labor Camp (开平劳教所)
City: Kaiping
Province: Hebei
Persecution Suffered: Electric shock, sleep deprivation, forced labor, brainwashing, beatings, hung up, imprisonment, solitary confinement, torture, physical restraint, home ransacked, interrogation, detention

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Li Zhimin was arrested by officers from Yutian Township Police Station on March 21, 2008, and jailed in Yutian County Jail for 15 days. She was then taken to Kaiping Forced Labor Camp and persecuted there for two years. Below is her description of what she experienced.

In Kaiping Forced Labor Camp, the guards locked me in the library, where I slept on the floor and had to use a blood-stained quilt. I was not allowed to leave the room, wash my face, brush my teeth, or use the bathroom. Two inmates watched me around the clock. I was switched to another room after 47 days.

On June 17, 2008, guard Wang dragged me to a solitary confinement room. Several guards took turns torturing me, forcing me to stand and depriving me of sleep. On June 21, the director and Party director of the camp threatened me with electric batons. In July, I was forced to make chopsticks. Guard Lu Haicun threatened me with an electric baton.

In the camp, the guards often used the excuse of sanitary checks to persecute practitioners. One guard dragged me to the lineup while I resisted. Guard Wang dragged me by the collar of my sweater, pulled it off, and left a large bruise my left arm. They dragged me all the way up the stairs and across the floor.

Beginning July 11, 2008, the guards forced us practitioners to wear uniforms. On July 13, two female guards, surnames Wang and Yan, brutally dragged and pulled me by my arms. This torture lasted until 1:00 a.m..

On September 6, 2008, guard Wang Y brought me to the office and asked me if I did Falun Gong exercises in the cell while three guards pushed me around. Then Wang took me to the cell for solitary confinement, along with Yan Hongli, guard Yang, and guard Wang C pushed me and tied me to a chair. Yan, with one leg kneeling on my belly, pulled my hair and hit my head against the chair seven or eight times. Guard Lu Haicen hit my head viciously, and so did Yan Hongli. I was unable to raise my head afterward.

On January 4, 2009, a dozen or so practitioners refused to respond to roll call. Guang Wang X pulled practitioner Ms. Wang Weiyue out and slapped her, and then tied her to a chair for two days and nights.

On January 7, five people, including my husband, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law, came to visit me. Guards Wang and Lu would not allow them to see me. At around 9:00 a.m., guard Liu took me to the office. Guard Lu pinched my face very hard and scolded me, "How come you don't want to see your mother-in-law?" It was they who had prohibited me from seeing my relatives, but they turned it around and blamed me. Then they tied me to a chair for three days and nights, not letting me go to the the restroom and freezing me by leaving the windows open.

On February 6, Lu Haicun led eight to nine other guards to inspect the sanitary conditions. I spoke out about his hitting me. Guard Yang grabbed my hair, and Lu threw me to the ground and kicked me on my hips. It left a huge bruise. They tied me up afterwards.

In January 2009, practitioners Ho Fang, Zhen Baohua, Bai Fengyu, Liu Shuge, Yang Niao, and Liu Xiaojun did the exercises. Guards handcuffed them to their beds so that they could neither sit nor stand for four days and nights. After they were released, they did the exercises again the next day. The guards handcuffed them for another four days and nights. This went on and on. In the process, guard Wang Ying pulled me off the bed and threw me to the ground. The next day, Guard Wang Y tricked me into going to the activity room. When I got there, Lu Haicun, Yan Hongli, Wang X, and several other guards handcuffed me to a chair and tied up both of my legs. Zhen Baohua was also handcuffed to the chair with both legs tied up. Lu Haicun opened the windows and someone else took my jacket off. At around 8:00 p.m., the chair I was handcuffed to tumbled over, crushing and bruising my hand. They refused to loosen the constraints and kept me tied to it for seven more days.

Ding Xiaoguang twice taped my mouth shut. He let inmate Hu Xuyang and guard Wang Y tie me to the chair. They then shocked me with an electric baton for about 20 minutes, and then slapped me 25 times.

For 305 days in the camp, I refused to eat the meals there. I was released on February 1, 2010.