Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Wen Huuiying Dies in Custody in Hunan Province

March 01, 2010 |   By a correspondent from Hunan Province, China

Name: Wen Huiying (文惠英)
Gender: Female
Age: 55
Address: Post Service Family Housing in Yufu Temple, Zhangjiang Town, Taoyuan County桃源县漳江镇渔父祠邮电宿舍
Occupation: Retired from Taoyuan County Water Shipping Company桃源县航运公司退休职工
Date of Death: February 14, 2010
Date of Most Recent Arrest: October 4, 2007
Most Recent Place of Detention: Unknown Prison

City: Taoyuan County
Province: Hunan
Persecution Suffered: Sleep deprivation, forced labor, brainwashing, illegal sentencing, beatings, imprisonment, torture, force-feeding, physical restraint, home ransacked, interrogation, detention, denial of restroom use

(Clearwisdom.net) At 9 a.m. on October 4, 2007, Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Wen Huiying was arrested by Taoyuan County 610 Office chief Zhou Guicheng and Domestic Security Division leader Wen Chengguang. After she was detained for one month, her family was not allowed to pick her up. They later learned that the police had changed their minds and decided to sentence her to prison instead of releasing her. The location of Ms. Wen's imprisonment was unknown, but on February 14, 2010, when three guards took her to the hospital, she was dying. Ms. Wen died after several hours of rescue efforts.

When the persecution began in July 1999, Wen Huiying was detained multiple times in the Changde City Drug Rehabilitation Center, the Changde City Brainwashing Center, the Beijing Haidian District Detention Center, the Taoyuan County Detention Center, and the Baimalong Women's Forced Labor Camp.

The first time Ms. Wen was detained in the Baimalong Forced Labor Camp (February 2001 to November 2002), she was tortured until she was close to death. Her hair fell out, her whole body was swollen, her limbs felt numb, and her lower body was freezing and numb. During Ms. Wen's second period of detention at Baimalong Labor Camp (November 19, 2005 to May 13, 2006), her body weight dropped from 100 pounds to 60 pounds, and she was emaciated.

In 2007, Ms. Wen filed a lawsuit against the Baimalong Women's Forced Labor Camp Party Secretary Huang Yongliang and Deputy Directors Zhao Guibao and Ding Cailan. Below is information provided by Ms. Wen in her lawsuit statement:

"In February 2001, I went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was sentenced to two years forced labor and taken to Baimalong Forced Labor Camp. In March 2001, guard Yin Bin electric baton-shocked the mouths of all practitioners who were detained in the Strict Control Ward. The guards handcuffed us together, and my body was hung up, tilted so that the tips of my toes could barely touch the floor. Our cuffs pulled on us tightly, and we could not move one bit, otherwise we would cause each other extreme pain. We were relieved from this torture after five hours. Ms. Cao Xianghui passed out instantly, and most of us shivered with pain even though we were covered with blankets.

One night, I was standing by the bed when guard Yuan Jia encouraged a drug-addicted prisoner to push me down. My head hit the edge of the metal bed soundly. Everything went dark, and I passed out.

On November 19, 2005, local 610 Office chief Zhou Guicheng arrested me without any reason, detained me in the Taoyuan County Detention Center, and sentenced me to 18 months of forced labor. On December 31, 2005, they took me to the Baimalong Women's Forced Labor Camp again. I was imprisoned in the Strict Control Ward. Drug-addicted prisoners were assigned to torture me. They did not allow me sleep or sit down; I could only stand or squat. When I was forced to squat, they put a pan of water under my buttocks so that if I could not squat any longer, I would sit in the cold water. When I eventually sat in the water, guards said I was intentionally making trouble and ordered the prisoners to put me in a strait jacket, which tied up my wrists and my ankles together. I was forced to stand barefoot on the cold, wet brick floor in this manner. Once a prisoner said my squat was not up to par, so she hit my head with a small stool, knocking me out immediately.

Since I refused to accept the brainwashing, I was not allowed to sleep. If my eyes closed, I would be beaten brutally by prisoners with a laundry stick, broom, metal hanger, or stool. They also pinched my eyelids and burnt my eyebrows with a cigarette lighter.

Once, the guards ordered about six prisoners to beat me. They punched and kicked my lower back and legs, and they tied my hair to the window frame and stabbed under my fingernails with the biggest sewing needle. They stripped me and pricked my whole body with sewing needles. I passed out from the pain many times, but I was awakened by more pain when they continued to prick me. They tied me onto a bed with my limbs spread apart. Later, the camp administration extended my term by one year.
Yaoyuan County 610 Office: 86-736-6633610
Zhou Guicheng, Taoyuan County 610 Office chief: 86-736-6624587 (number as of 2007)
Zheng Yunqing, 610 Office chief: 86-736-6620528