Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Two Practitioners Die in Gansu and Liaoning Provinces as a Result of Persecution

February 07, 2010 |  


Mr. Yang Shengchun Dies in Gansu Province

Mr. Yang Shengchun, a retired government employee in his 80s, lived in Yanwan Village, Xintian Town, Lintao County, Gansu Province. He began practicing Falun Dafa in August 1998 and soon after, all his illnesses vanished. After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, he persisted in passing out truth clarifying materials. In January 2001, local police deceived him by asking him to speak with them in the Township Office, but instead locked him up for one year in a brainwashing center located in Lintao County Detention Center. In July 2002, police forcefully took him to the Lintao County Brainwashing Center and sentenced him to another year.

In March 2007, while Mr. Yang was delivering materials to the neighboring Caojiahe Village, he was arrested by village administrators. They knocked him to the ground and stomped on his head, causing him to lose consciousness. He suffered severe nerve damage that affected him mentally. On December 18, 2009, he was very confused and could not find his way home. The next day he was found near a ditch where he had frozen to death.

Guan Tiancai, director of Lintao County Detention Center and Drug Rehabilitation Center, also in charge of the brainwashing session: 86-932-2244344
Lintao County Police Department Director: 86-932-2242232
Xintian Town Police Station: 932-2873035

Ms. Teng Fengrong Dies as Result of Persecution in Liaoning Province

Ms. Teng Fengrong, 61, lived in the No.26 Building, Gaominli Neighborhood, Dalian City Development Zone, Liaoning Province. In March 2006, she was arrested by officers from Wanli Police Station while she and another practitioner were passing out truth clarifying materials. They were both taken to Yaojia Detention Center, but Ms. Fengrong was released the next morning because of her poor health. The police extorted 5,000 yuan from her family as a guarantee fee.

In July 2007, the Developing Zone 610 Office and local police surrounded Ms. Teng's apartment building to arrest her. After two hours, Ms. Teng shouted through the window, "Falun Dafa is great! The police are arresting good people!" The officers left.

In July 2008, prior to the Olympics, officers from the Wanli Police Station arrested her again. She weighed only 90 pounds. Her family signed a guarantee statement for her and she was released, but her health worsened. She died on January 10, 2010.

Written on January 17, 2010