Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Jin Faming of Lanzhou City Yuzhong County was Sentenced Illegally to Eight Years Imprisonment

November 03, 2010 |   By a Clearwisdom correspondent in Gansu Province, China

Name: Jin Faming(金发明)
Gender: Male
Age: 61
Address: Golden Cliff Village, Lanzhou City, Yuzhong County, Gansu Province
Occupation: Farmer
Date of Most Recent Arrest: July 2002
Most Recent Place of Detention: Lanzhou Prison(兰州监狱)
City: Lanzhou
Province: Gansu
Persecution Suffered: Brainwashing, illegal sentencing, imprisonment, detention

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Jin Faming was sentenced in December 2002 by the Chinese Communists to eight years in prison, because he practiced Falun Gong. He returned home on July 29, 2010.

Mr. Jin was a chain smoker and suffered with a gastric ulcer for nearly 30 years. In May of 1997 he saw Master Li's video lecture talking about an opportunity to stop smoking. He accepted the idea and was able to quit smoking the following day. It is this incident that led him to cultivate Falun Dafa.

Mr. Jin was seized by a police officer from the Domestic Security Division in Yuzhong County and taken to the Yuzhong County Detention Center in July 2002. In December 2002, he was illegally sentenced to eight years and taken to Lanzhou Prison.

On July 7, 2003, he was transferred to Dingxi Prison, but was brought back to the first district of Lanzhou Prison by December 2005. A political director, Ren Zhijian, talked to him everyday, trying to persuade him to give up Falun Gong. This went on for two years and seven months.

Those in charge tried another tactic in February 2009 in an attempt to stop Dafa practitioners from cultivating. Commander Wang Guochen tried to befriend Mr. Jin by sending him gifts, such as tea and clothing. Mr. Jin understood his intention. He always asked what the gift cost and asked his family to pay for it. Otherwise, he would not accept the gift. By May, the officials ordered five other prisoners to force Mr. Jin to watch brainwashing videos. To protect this tactic, Mr. Jin chose to go on a hunger strike.

July 29, 2010, was the last day of his eight-year sentence. The day before, around four in the afternoon, an officer from the 610 Office in Yuzhong County came to see Mr. Jin and told him to sign a guarantee statement. When he refused to sign, he was told that he would be sent to the Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center the next day. By eleven in the evening, officials sent 20 people to tie up Mr. Jin and wait to take him to the brainwashing center after twelve o'clock. Mr. Jin said, "Your plan to take me out in the middle of the night is what a thief would do. I don't want to leave here. It has been eight years. If I am to leave, I need to tell my family first." Actually, his family knew what the officials were up to. In the past, several Dafa practitioners had been taken to the brainwashing center around midnight. His family was waiting for him outside the prison.

The next day, July 29, 2010, Mr. Jin finally returned home.