Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Detained for Eight Years, Mr. Ma Zhiwu Arrested Again (Photo)

October 04, 2010 |   By a Clearwisdom correspondent from Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, China

Name: Ma Zhiwu (马智武)
Gender: Male
Age: 40
Address: Unknown
Occupation: Employe of Yinchuan Railroad Sub-bureau
Date of Most Recent Arrest: September 12, 2010
Most Recent Place of Detention: Unknown
City: Yinchuan
Province: Ningxia Autonomous region
Persecution Suffered: Detention

(Clearwisdom.net) Ma Zhiwu was illegally arrested by officers from the Domestic Security Division of the Yanchi County Police Department on September 12, 2010. At the time of his arrest, Mr. Ma and several other practitioners were handing out leaflets about Falun Gong in Yanchi County. The car they were driving was impounded. Two practitioners who were arrested at the time were released two days later. Mr. Ma is still being detained.

Ma Zhiwu, a Yinchuan Railroad Sub-bureau engineer, started practicing Falun Gong in 1998. After practicing for a short while he felt better both physically and mentally.

When the Chinese Communist Party's persecution of Falun Gong began on July 20, 1999, Mr. Ma went to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong and was detained at the Yinchuan Detention Center. He was later sentenced to three years in the Baitugangzi Forced Labor Camp (Ningxia No. 1 Forced Labor Camp) where he was brutally beaten and force-fed.

To protest his incarceration, Mr. Ma went on a hunger strike. The guards considered his protest a "crime" and used this "evidence" to sentence him to an additional six years in prison.

He was later sent to Wuzhong Prison on April 18, 2002 where he was severely tortured. Guards Liang Haiwang and Guo Jian ordered inmates to beat Mr. Ma and to deprive him of sleep for fourteen consecutive days.

The guard organized nightly meetings to harshly criticize Mr. Ma for holding firm to his beliefs. He was forced into the "handcuffed airplane" position with his arms pulled behind his back and handcuffed together. They also stuffed dirty objects in his mouth so that he could not close his mouth or speak.

Guard Guo Jian ordered several inmates to tie Mr. Ma to the "stretching bed" and left him like this for more than 40 days. Before he was tied up, he was forced-fed a salty substance which contained unknown drugs. He immediately felt very hot with a burning sensation throughout his body. Mr. Ma was unable to walk or stand for six months.

When Mr. Ma was taken into custody, his wife was pregnant. When he was released in February 2008 his daughter was eight years old.

Related report: http://clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/10/1/120353.html

September 17, 2010