Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

A Family Persecuted: Elderly Mother Passed Away, One Son Arrested Again, Other Son Disabled from Persecution

Oct. 27, 2010

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Liang Yuqin from Shenyang City, Liaoning Province, was 79 years old. After starting to practice Falun Gong in April 1994, the illnesses she suffered from for many years, such as rheumatism, hypertension, and dizziness, disappeared. When the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started to repress Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Ms. Liang went to the Shenyang City Government to appeal for justice for Falun Gong and then went to Beijing to appeal. On November 9, 2000, she was taken away by the local police and her home was ransacked. She was released two days later. Personnel from the local police station, the community and the company she worked for took turns going to her home to harass Ms. Liang. The local community personnel always dispatched two persons to go to her home and watch her on all sensitive dates.

In 2001, around the Chinese New Year, about twenty people from the local 610 Office, police station, and community administration broke into Ms. Liang's home and took her to a brainwashing center. She was detained for one month and was extorted out of 1,500 yuan.

At the end of September 2001, Ms. Liang was followed by the local police. She managed to walk away from them, but she became homeless in order to avoid being arrested at home. On July 6, 2002, Ms. Liang went back home. Her neighbor reported her to the police, and she was taken to a brainwashing center. She wasn't released until July 19, 2002.

In the following years, Ms. Liang often went to the local police station, the 610 Office, and the Politics and Law Committee to request the release of her sons, illegally detained because they practice Falun Gong. She went to several forced labor camps and detention centers to visit her sons.

In 2007, Ms. Liang was brutally and forcibly relocated and her house was demolished. Under severe pressure for years, Ms. Liang Yuqin passed away on July 15, 2008.

Ms. Liang's son Dong Yiran was a former engineer in the Technology Section of the Criminal Police Division of the Shenyang Police Department. Because of practicing Falun Gong, he was deprived of his post in 1999. Between 2001 and 2005, Mr. Dong Yiran was detained in forced labor camps twice. The terms were 2 years and 2.5 years, respectively. He was once deprived of normal sleep for 24 consecutive days. As a result of the persecution he endured, Mr. Dong's legs and feet were so swollen that he could not wear shoes. During that period of more than a year, he was deprived of family visitation rights. On February 27 of this year, Dong Yiran was taken away by officers from the Qianjin Police Station in Dongling District while he was talking to people about Falun Gong at the gas station where he worked. The CCP authorities plan to sentence him to prison. It is said that he is being detained in the Dadong District Detention Center.

Ms. Liang's other son, Dong Xinran, was deprived of his post at the Shenyang Locomotive Factory because of practicing Falun Gong. He was detained at a brainwashing center, a mental hospital, forced labor camps, and prisons many times. In 2004, he became critically ill as a result of persecution at Shenyang Prison. Now he cannot take care of himself and depends on his family for everything.