Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Li Min from Tonghe County, Heilongjiang Province, Repeatedly Persecuted

October 17, 2010 |   By a Clearwisdom correspondent from Heilongjiang Province, China

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Li Min, 40, from Fulin Township, Tonghe County, Heilongjiang Province, has been repeatedly persecuted for practicing Falun Gong. Below is an account of what he has endured over the past 10 years.

On October 25, 2000, Mr. Li went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. He was arrested, taken to the Qianmen Police Station, and subsequently sent to the Harbin City Government Liaison Office in Beijing. A week later he was transferred to the Tonghe Detention Center in Beijing. Policemen Ma Debo and Chen Yongkuan from the Domestic Security Division of the Tonghe County Police Department brutally beat him and slapped his face with shoes. He was released 23 days later after his family petitioned for him. He lost all his teeth as a result of the abuse suffered in detention.

On October 25, 2003, Mr. Li was taken to a brainwashing center by Liu Jianying and two other officers. He was detained there for 33 days.

On July 20, 2005, agents from the Tonghe County No. 2 Police Station, which was headed by Cong Liping, and from the Tonghe County 610 Office, which was headed by Ma Shuyan, arrested Mr. Li for making materials to clarify the facts about Falun Gong. They ransacked his home and confiscated his personal belongings, including a computer, recorder, printer, cell phone, and bank cards. At the same time, they also arrested practitioners Fu Hai and Ms. Liu Ying. When policeman Chen Yongkuan beat Ms. Liu the next day, Mr. Li tried to stop him, he was also cruelly beaten. The right side of his jaw was fractured and stuck out.

Following nine months of detention, where officials Liu Junsheng and Li Weimin participated in the persecution, Mr. Li was illegally sentenced to five years in prison. The other two practitioners were also not spared, with Fu Hai sentenced to six years in prison and Liu Ying to four years.

On April 13, 2006, Mr. Li was sent to the Hulan "Transformation" Center in Heilongjiang Province and dropped in a huge cell with 80 other people. He was forced to perform forced labor for at least 12 hours each day for 13 days. He started at 6:00 a.m. and finished somewhere between 6:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m. All detainees also had to finish five meters of knitting every day. If not, they were beaten. Guard Zhao Qing beat Mr. Li with a hose.

On the 10th day of his detention, cell head prisoner Wang Mingyi tried to "transform" Mr. Li. When he refused, Wang, Zheng Lijun, Zhang Hongyan, and Zhang Shuchun covered his head with a plastic bag and put two cigarettes into his nose, so that he couldn't breathe. Then they held him tightly and stepped on his arms and punched his chest, so that breathing was even more difficult. This torture continued for more than 10 minutes. They also bent him over, with his head touching his toes, and put him under a bed. Mr. Li was in agonizing pain--he said it felt as if his vertebrae were being broken. The next morning he couldn't stand or work unless he leaned forward at a 40-degree angle. When he arrived at the workshop, guard Li Ji beat him violently and didn't stop until Mr. Li broke down and signed the three statements promising to stop practicing Falun Gong.

On April 26, 2006, Mr. Li was transferred to Tailai Prison, where Zhang Zhichao was the prison head and Yu Zhenhai was the deputy head.

At the end of July 2007, Chen Bin from Xi'an City, a collaborator, arrived at the prison to give her report on "reforming" Falun Gong practitioners. The next day, Zhang Bintao and Li Tie, the political heads of the No. 4 Ward, and Cai Wei, the political head of the No. 3 Division of the No. 4 Ward, began to try to "reform" practitioners using violence. Any guard who successfully "reformed" a practitioner was offered a reward of 1,000 yuan. The guards tied Mr. Li and another practitioner to a metal frame, fixing their feet at the bottom and their wrists at the top inside rings, and then put them out in the hot sun for a 12 hours, from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. They were also deprived of sleep at night. He was tortured like this for three days, until he couldn't stand it anymore and again wrote the three statements. Once he was released from the metal frame, his head felt so heavy that he couldn't walk. His back, which had had finally recovered from previous abuse, now hurt again and he developed rectal bleeding.

At the same prison, practitioner Tian Yong from Qiqihar City was hung from a pole and exposed under the sun for prolonged periods of time, and practitioner Xu Linshan from Qiqihar City was stripped of his clothing and repeatedly doused with cold water.