Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Elementary Schoolteacher Ms. Liu Yaxian Arrested by Tumen City 610 Office (Photos)

October 01, 2010 |   By a Clearwisdom correspondent in Jilin Province, China

(Clearwisdom.net) On the morning of Teacher's Day, September 10, 2010, people from the local 610 Office in Tumen City, Jilin Province, arrested elementary schoolteacher Ms. Liu Yaxian.

Caption: Songlin Nursing Home in Shijian Town where Falun Gong practitioners are forced to undergo brainwashing

Caption: Ms. Liu Yaxian's workplace - Tumen City No. 1 Elementary School

Ms. Liu, 55 years old, has been harassed and sentenced to prison by the local 610 Office and police many times for refusing to give up her practice of Falun Gong. A few years ago, after she was released from prison, officials at the school where she worked were pressured by the local 610 Office and did not let her resume her teaching position. They demoted her to doing hard labor in the school cafeteria. They later let her be a salesperson in the school store.

Persecuted for the Past Several Years

On the afternoon of April 11, 2008, Ms. Liu was arrested by officers from the Yuegong Police Station. Prior to the arrest, she had been harassed many times by Hongguang Township Police.

At 2 p.m. on July 14, 2008, officers from Hongguang Township Police Station came to arrest Ms. Liu at her school. They stationed officers at the school's front gate and all the doors. Ms. Liu tried to escape by jumping from the second floor. Her face, legs, and internal organs were injured, but she eventually escaped with the help of a kindhearted person.

On September 22, 2009, officers from Hongguang Township Police Station in Tumen arrested Ms. Liu while she was at work and detained her at the brainwashing center at a high school in Tumen.

Around 8 p.m. on December 9, 2009, officers from Yuegong Police Station in Tumen, Jilin Province, broke into her home. Without presenting any legal documents or warrants, they arrested her along with three other practitioners. The four practitioners were taken to Anshan Detention Center the next day and illegally detained.