Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Husband Dying, Jiao Linhui Forbidden to Visit

January 06, 2010 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) (By a Minghui correspondent in Tianjin) Jiao Linhui from Dagang District, Tianjin, was sentenced to forced labor for two years. During the ten months since the sentencing, her husband's and daughter's visits have all been denied by the labor camp, which makes them suffer. Recently, Jiao's husband became critically ill, but the labor camp still won't let her visit her husband.

Jiao Linhui began practicing Falun Dafa in 1999 and has benefited both physically and mentally. During the SARS outbreak in 2003, her husband started showing symptoms. Jiao told him the truth of Falun Gong, and he became healthy after repeating "Falun Dafa is good" devoutly. Soon after that, false charges were made against Jiao and she then became homeless to avoid the authorities. On April, 14, 2004, Jiao was arrested by a plain clothes officer from the Domestic Security Division and was sent to forced labor for one year.

Around four in the afternoon on February 8, 2009, Jiao Linhui, Zhang Jingping and Liu Ning were arrested by police officers from Jingnan District Police Station and sent to forced labor again.

Two weeks ago, Banqiao Women's Forced Labor Camp forbade visitation from Jiao's family, using the excuse that Jiao hadn't followed the "transformation" requirements. Her husband and daughter were very worried about her.

Around 2 a.m. on December 17, 2009, Jiao Linhui's husband suddenly suffered from a cerebral hemorrhage while he was driving. He couldn't control the car and hit a truck. He was seriously injured and is still in an unconscious state. Jiao Linhui's daughter went to Banqiao Women's Forced Labor Camp immediately after this happened, requesting her release, so that her mother could take care of her father. However, the people in charge told her that they needed to have a letter from the doctor documenting the serious state of her father first, and sent the daughter away.

On December 17, 2009, the leader of Youyi Mall in Dagang--where Jiao Linhui's husband works--accompanied Jiao's daughter and went to the camp requesting Jiao's release. However, their request was denied.

On December 18, 2009, the camp finally agreed to her visiting her husband. However they sent two police cars and five officers to guard Jiao Linhui at Huanhu Hospital in Tianjin. When her family saw this situation, they became so angry that they wouldn't let the officers go in, so Jiao was taken back to camp without a glimpse of her husband.

From December 19 to 21, 2009, Jiao's daughter, her sister and the leader of Youyi Mall went to the camp many times, but they were completely ignored.

On the 22nd, the visiting day, Jiao's daughter and sister finally saw her, and she was emaciated. The labor camp not only wouldn't release her, but also threatened to force her to give up Falun Dafa. She sternly turned them down.

Jiao Linhui's husband is still unconscious. According to the medical staff, he is in great danger, and it will cost two billion yuan to make a proper attempt to save his life. Jiao's daughter is under so much pressure facing all these situations and she is not sure what to do. Jiao Linhui's mother, who is already more than 70 years old, is also in bad health. She grieves all the time since her daughter was arrested.