Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Account of the CCP's Long-Term Persecution of a Carpenter and His Wife

January 27, 2010 |  

Name: Liu Naichuan (刘乃传)

Gender: Male
Age: 48
Address: Zhongshanqian Village, Shuanghou Township, Yinan County

Occupation: Carpenter
Date of Death: April 26th, 2008
Date of Most Recent Arrest: March 4th, 2005
Most recent place of detention: Mengyin County Detention Center (蒙阴县看守所)
County: Mengyin
Province: Shandong
Persecution Suffered: Beatings, torture, extortion, home ransacked, interrogation, detention

Key Persecutors: Gao Hongbin, former head of Shuanghou Township Police Station, Yinan County (transferred)

Zhang Jinggang, former deputy secretary of Shuanghou Township Political and Judicial Committee (transferred to Zhangzhuang Township, Yinan County)

Zhang Changguo, head of Shuanghou Township Police Station: 86-13581071666 (Cell),
86-539-3711006 (Office)

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Liu Naichuan was a carpenter from Yinan County, Shandong Province. He and his wife Ms. Liu Tianying were persecuted repeatedly for believing in Falun Dafa. Mr. Liu Naichuan died in 2008 from injuries sustained due to torture.

Mr. Liu Naichuan and Ms. Liu Tianying have a son and a daughter. Although they were not wealthy, they lived a decent life. Unfortunately, Mr. Liu contracted a serious illness at the age of 33. He could not eat, was often short of breath, and was losing weight gradually. He thought that a few doses of traditional Chinese medicine would cure his disease, but it did not work and he became bedridden. A medical checkup at the county hospital showed that he suffered from an advanced stage of tuberculosis. The doctor told Ms. Liu Tianying that most of her husband's lungs had deteriorated, gave him some medicine and "put him into God's hands". The couple went home in despair. After that, all the housework and farm work became Ms. Liu's sole responsibility. Though life was very difficult, she did not complain. Instead, she always looked for some folk medicine to relieve her husband's suffering. When their son saw that it was too hard for his mother, he dropped out of school to help.

In 1998, Ms. Liu Tianying's parents learned Falun Gong. Not long after, all their illnesses disappeared, so they passed on the news to Ms. Liu and asked Mr. Liu Naichuan to learn Falun Gong.

Mr. Liu believed in what his parents-in-law told him. Since he could not get out of bed, Ms. Liu helped him to practice in bed. He learned the exercises set by set, and sometimes, even when he was sweating profusely, he did not want to take a break. Later when they listened to the nine lectures given by Teacher, they became even more determined to practice the exercises. Mr. Liu's tuberculosis disappeared before they even noticed. Ms. Liu Tianying was overjoyed and felt that her life was full of hope again. All this gave her long-suffering family a new life. As a result, she also began to practice Falun Gong. Her husband vowed to do all he could to help spread Falun Gong.

However, the good times did not last long. At the end of July 1999, when Mr. Liu's family was having dinner, news came of the persecution and the CCP's slander. That evening, Mr. Liu did not eat much and felt very unhappy. He thought that Falun Dafa was very good and that he was living proof. Why did the television station talk such nonsense?

A few days later, he went down the mountain to inquire about the news, and learned that many local practitioners went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong. However, they were all being held in the police station to undergo brainwashing. He planned to go to Beijing also, but found out that he was under surveillance. Village leaders went to his home to warn him not to go out. Immediately after their warning, Gao Hongbin, head of the Shuanghou Township Police Station, led several thugs to Mr. Liu's home and forced their way inside. They pushed Mr. Liu into a police car and took him to the police station. The officers interrogated and threatened him at the police station, and kept him from going to Beijing.

In order to help the local people to learn about Falun Dafa, Mr. Liu often walked tens of kilometers at night to post truth-clarification banners, distribute materials and put up posters. In 2002, Gao Hongbin led a group of officers to break into Mr. Liu's home again. They ransacked his home before taking him to the police station for questioning. They attempted to make him confess, so that they could arrest more practitioners. After failing to get a confession, the officers detained and tortured him until he lost consciousness. He was then released.

Returning home, Mr. Liu continued to study the Fa and practice the exercises. As a result, he recovered quickly. Over the years, Mr. Liu spared no effort in telling people about Falun Gong and exposing the persecution.

On March 4, 2005, 610 Office officials of the Mengyin County Police Department and officers from Duozhuang Township Police Station went across the county border to break into and ransack Mr. Liu's home. They arrested Mr. Liu and his wife, and confiscated Falun Gong materials and books. The couple was taken to the Duozhuang Township Police Station, and then the police transferred Mr. Liu to Mengyin County Detention Center. Wang Wei, a 610 Office official of the Mengyin County Police Department, punched and kicked Mr. Liu. He tried to force Mr. Liu to reveal his fellow practitioners, under threat of a forced labor camp sentence. Mr. Liu refused to cooperate and suffered another beating.

In less than one month after Mr. Liu was taken to Mengyin County Police Department, he was coughing up blood and dying as a result of the harsh torture. The Mengyin County Police Department 610 Office released Mr. Liu, after forcing his children to pay them more than 3,000 yuan. Ms. Liu Tianying was transferred to the Yinan County Detention Center. After being tortured for three days, she was transferred back to Mengyin County Detention Center. During her detention, her face was deformed from the torture, and she was in a coma for a period of time. She was eventually released over one month later.

Upon his return, Mr. Liu could only lie in bed. He was unable to walk and coughed up blood often. On April 26, 2008, Mr. Liu passed away at the age of 48.

At the end of May 2008, officials from the 610 Office, the Police Department and the National Security Division of Yinan County, as well as officers from the Shuanghou Township Police Station led by Wang Jiqing, came to Mr. Liu's home again. Ms. Liu Tianying was not home at the time. The officers went to ransack other practitioners' homes first, and later returned to her home to try to arrest her.