Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Zhu Luoxin Imprisoned for Seven Years and Confined in a Dark Room for Nearly Three Years

January 22, 2010 |  

Name: Zhu Luoxin (朱洛新)
Gender: Female
Age: 43
Address: Guangzhou City
Occupation: Worked as an assistant to the general manager for companies, including Nintendo and Sohu
Date of Most Recent Arrest: December 3, 2003
Most Recent Place of Detention: Guangdong Province Women's Prison (广东省女子监狱)
City: Guangzhou
Province: Guangdong
Persecution Suffered: Illegal sentencing, imprisonment, interrogation, solitary confinement

(Clearwisdom.net) (By a correspondent from Guangdong Province) Since February 26, 2003, Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Zhu Luoxin from Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province has been imprisoned for nearly seven years in the Guangdong Province Women's Prison. There, she was put in solitary confinement in a dark room for two years and ten months. When she was released from solitary confinement, she couldn't walk and all of her hair had turned white.

Ms. Zhu, a graduate of Macao University, used to be the coordinator at a Falun Gong assistant center in Liwan District, Guangzhou City. When she worked in Hong Kong, she used to suffer from a skin disease that caused itchiness all over her body. She tried many different kinds of medications and ointments, but to no avail. In December 1994, Ms. Zhu went back to Guangzhou to prepare for a trip to Canada, and came across Falun Gong. She was able to attend the last lecture given by Mr. Li Hongzhi, the founder of the practice. During the lecture, she experienced the miraculousness of Falun Gong--her skin no longer itched. Since then, her skin disease disappeared.

After the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began persecuting Falun Gong in 1999, Ms. Zhu was forced to leave Sohu.

Illegally Sentenced to Ten Years

On December 3, 2001, the police followed Ms. Zhu Luoxin, Ms. Wang Rong, and Ms. Wu Biyun without their knowledge. At the Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine, they were illegally arrested. The police didn't inform their families as to where they were detained, nor allow them to visit.

After being detained and tortured for six months, Ms. Zhu, Ms. Wang, and Ms. Wu were secretly tried at Baiyun District Court in Guangzhou City on the morning of June 10, 2002. The court didn't inform any of their family members about the trial and assigned an "attorney" for each practitioner. One of the practitioner's relatives found out about the trial and went to the court, but only one person was allowed to go in. Plainclothes police sat at the back of the court and two were busy taking pictures. Security was very tight. Guards were seen carrying guns and many policemen were patrolling the premise.

The three practitioners refused to plead guilty to any charges against them. Ms. Zhu said, "Falun Gong is innocent. We are innocent. So everything you are asking has no legal grounds. History and time will bear witness." All three said that they will appeal the verdict. The practitioners' righteousness and courage frightened the perpetrators. The judge, the attorneys, and the police didn't know how to respond and kept silent. The judge abruptly announced that the court was adjourning and didn't dare to read the sentencing.

Two months later, in the afternoon of August 20, 2002, Ms. Zhu Luoxin was sentenced to ten years imprisonment, while Ms. Wang Rong was sentenced to six years. Ms. Wu Biyun was taken away by the police and wasn't sentenced. Ms. Zhu and Ms. Wang said that they will continue appealing their cases.

At Guangdong Province Women's Prison, Ms. Zhu has been viciously tortured including being beaten by inmates. She is also forced to do labor, producing cheap products to be exported to other countries.

Husband Seeking Political Asylum in Finland

Ms. Zhu's husband, Mr. Wu Zhiping, started practicing Falun Gong in January 1996. He was imprisoned at Guangzhou City Number One Forced Labor Camp for two years of "re-education through labor." Between January 25-June 8, 2002, he was handcuffed and hung up outside of the Fifth Production Brigade at the labor camp. Mr. Wu was handcuffed 17 hours a day and only allowed to take three restroom breaks for ten minutes each. In addition, he was only allowed to eat for ten minutes. After he was released, Mr. Wu escaped to Thailand to avoid further persecution. Five years later, he was able to go to Finland with the help of the International Refugee Organization.

Mr. Wu's relatives have also been persecuted for their belief in Falun Gong. His mother, Ms. Wu Yuxian, 70, used to be the Vice President of Yuexiu District Chinese Medicine Miscellaneous Illnesses Hospital in Guangzhou City. She was sentenced to seven years' imprisonment only because she refused to give up the practice. After suffering three years of cruel torture, she was in critical condition and released for medical treatment. She passed away shortly after she returned home.

Mr. Wu's aunt, Ms. Wu Yuwen, was a retired teacher from Jiangmen City Number One Middle School, Guangdong Province. She was taken to a brainwashing center three times. The third time, she was detained and tortured for more than a year. She passed away afterwards.

Mr. Wu's brother, Mr. Wu Zhijun, worked at Sun Yat-sen University. He was sentenced to eight years by the Wanxiu District Court in Wuzhou City, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region (AR) for not giving up practicing Falun Gong. He is still imprisoned at Guilin City Prison in Guangxi AR.

Ms. Zhu Luoxin has not seen her husband for eight years, since her arrest in December 2001. She is not allowed to write or receive letters. All of her letters are being held by the prison guards. Her husband is very concerned for her health as he has not heard of her situation for a long time.

Related article: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2009/3/13/105544.html

Original Article: January 6, 2009