Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

The Torture that Mr. Liao Nuli Experienced at Sihui Prison in Guangdong Province

August 07, 2009 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) On January 5, 2004, Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Liao Nuli was "illegally sentenced" to ten years by the Futian District Court in Shenzhen City. Mr. Liao was taken to Sihui Prison in Guangdong Province where he was subjected to brutal torture.

While in the Seventh Division at Sihui Prison, Mr. Liao experienced inhumane treatment. In 2006, guard Zhong Shaobin ordered inmate Wang Guihai to beat Mr. Liao. After beating Mr. Liao unconscious, the prison's doctor diagnosed Mr. Liao as not in critical condition. Subsequently, guard Zhong again threatened Mr. Liao, telling him not to create any trouble or else the next time he would not be treated so lightly. The head of the prison politics management, who was also the deputy chief of the Seventh Division, Zhang Chaobin, covertly observed the interaction to see how the situation would develop. Deputy chief Zhang also told guard Zhong not to be lenient.

Mr. Liao found the handling of this incident unacceptable and wrote a letter of appeal to the prison. The prison warden, Shang Dongping, returned the appeal letter to the Seventh Division and said that the matter should be taken care of internally. When deputy chief Zhang Chaobin received the notice, he placed administrative sanctions on Mr. Liao. The secretary and chief of the Seventh Division physically tortured Mr. Liao, increased the intensity of his labor, and punished him at night using methods such as running or military training. This type of physical torture lasted from 2004 to 2009.

On June 26, 2009, Mr. Liao Nuli was released from prison. The head of "education transformation" and the deputy chief of the prison division, Chen Yuanbin, withheld Mr. Liao's three patents, published papers, some documents proving his attained credentials Mr. Liao received while in prison and some travel expense reimbursements provided by the prison.

When Mr. Liao was released, staff from the "610 Office" and police department from his home town picked him up and took him for further persecution. When Mr. Liao was first arrested, his bank card, computer, cellphone, various IDs and cash were confiscated by the Shenzhen City Police Department and "610 Office." Because Mr. Liao has been unable to retrieve the items held by Shenzhen City, he is not able to work. He has no income and there is no welfare for him to fall back on.