Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Song Bing Dies as Result of Brutal Torture (Photos)

August 13, 2009 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Song Bing, 37, graduated from the Changchun Postal Institute, majoring in stored program control switching. She worked for a privately-owned computer company after college, and she was later employed by the Shulan City Telecommunications Company. She had suffered from a bone marrow disease and underwent a serious operation which almost took her life or caused her to become permanently disabled. She began practicing Falun Gong in 1997, and all her ailments disappeared.

In September 1999, Ms. Song Bing and her older sister Ms. Song Yanqun were each sentenced to one year of forced labor, and their terms were extended. Ms. Song Bing's term was extended six months, and she was released in April 2001. Both sisters were very weak upon returning home and had lost their jobs; they were then both arrested again by the Shulan City police.

Sisters Cruelly Tortured

At around 7 p.m. on November 27, 2003, officer Guo Gang led a group to storm into Ms. Song Bing and her sister's home. They grabbed Ms. Song Bing's hair, twisted her arms backward, and gagged her. They sealed the sisters' mouths with tape, covered their heads with cloth, handcuffed them, and then carried them into a vehicle. Guo Wei conducted a body search at the Jiekuang Police Station in Shulan City, interrogated the sisters overnight in the Shulan City Police Department, and detained them in the Nanshan Detention Center.

Demonstration of the Torture Suffered by Ms. Song

One arm up, one arm down, cuffed back

Mustard oil poured into nose



Using a stick to poke the sensitive spots on her face, including her ears and nose

The next afternoon, officers took the sisters to a place outside the detention center. Upon arrival, these officers fixed them onto chairs so that they could not move. They tried to threaten Ms. Song Bing into giving false statements. Li Jiazhe and two other men twisted her arms backward, one arm from the top of her shoulder, the other from her lower back, and then handcuffed them together. They tied a hand towel to the handcuffs and used one end to press her upper arm down, and the other to pull her lower arm up. Ms. Song Bing refused to talk to them. Then one officer held the towel while the other one prodded her ears and nose with a stick. They saw that this torture still would not make her speak, so they then grabbed a bottle of mustard oil extract. One officer stood behind her and pulled her head backward, while the other man covered her mouth with another towel. This forced her to breathe through her nose, and as soon as she did, they poured mustard oil into her nose.

The mustard oil got into her windpipe, which made her lungs feel an explosion of pain. These killers still pressed the bottle to the top of her nose, causing Ms. Song to cough and vomit violently, spraying mustard oil all over the place. They then pinched her nose and tried to pour mustard oil into her mouth. She naturally spit the old oil out, and the officers got the oil all over her face, which hurt her eyes. The officers took turns pouring more bottles of mustard oil into her mouth and nose, choking her many times until she nearly passed out.

Sentencing Based on Fabricated Evidence

The Procuratorate rejected the initial set of evidence provided by the police, but these officers fabricated more materials, which resulted in the two sisters being put on trial. The prosecuting statements were groundless. Ms. Song Bing exposed how Li Jiazhe had tortured her during the interrogation. However, these officers made up a statement about how they found 30,000 pieces of Falun Gong literature at Ms. Song's home, and had her sentenced to 14 years in prison and her older sister Ms. Song Yanqun to a 12-year term.

Refusing to Release a Dying Ms. Song

On May 25, 2004, Ms. Song Bing and her sister Ms. Song Yanqun were both taken to Tiebei Prison in Changchun City. Ms. Song Bing was found to have tuberculosis, and she was rejected by the prison. The detention center had her checked again in June 2004 and reported her condition to the court, and her case was dismissed. She should have been released at this point, but Shulan City Police Department Deputy Director Xin He refused to approve her release.

In July 2004, the detention center had her checked into the Jilin City Central Hospital. Her condition had seriously worsened, and the CT scan found a two-inch by three-inch hole in her lung. She was very weak and had a fever, cough, shortness of breath, no appetite, and partial heart failure. The police still did not allow her to go home. By the end of July, she was dying. Her parents requested her release many times, but the Shulan City Police Department Deputy Director Xin He said that he would lose his job if he agreed to release Ms. Song. The CCP Shulan City Political and Judiciary Committee Secretary Zhao Wei said that he was not allowed to talk about the law because he refused to follow it when it came to Falun Gong matters. The Shulan City 610 Office Chairman Li Pu said that he would rather be responsible for her life than for releasing Ms. Song.

On September 4, 2004, when she was close to death, Ms. Song was finally allowed to "serve her term outside the prison." Shulan City Detention Center Director Zhuang Runjiang extorted 3,000 yuan from her parents to secure her release. Upon returning home, Ms. Song gradually began studying the Fa and doing the Falun Gong exercises, and her condition became better. However, police were watching her closely, and they tried to arrest her as soon as she regained her health. Ms. Song had to leave her home to avoid being arrested.

Ms. Song's health never recovered, and she died on July 30, 2009.

Shulan City Police Department Deputy Director Xin He

Domestic Security agent Wang Tingbai

Domestic Security agent Li Jiazhe