Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Police Threaten to Stage Another "Self-immolation"

August 13, 2009 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) The truth of the staged Tiananmen Square "self-immolation" incident is now widely known, but some people still have a hard time believing that the event was wholly orchestrated by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) to defame Falun Gong. Yet, in December 2001, CCP police threatened to stage a similar "self-immolation" event involving Ms. Feng Qihua, a practitioner from Baiguo County, Macheng City, Hubei Province.

Below are some of the details surrounding her ordeal.

It was a cold, snowy, wintry day on December 15, 2001, when several policemen, led by officer Peng Honghui, forcibly entered Ms. Feng's home while she was preparing a meal. Without a search warrant, they ransacked her residence from top to bottom, leaving every room in total disarray.

After the police found a copy of Zhuan Falun and some truth-clarifying materials, they handcuffed Ms. Feng and took her to the local police station. The police also confiscated a deposit book with a balance of more than 30,000 yuan that Ms. Feng's husband had earned as a migrant worker.

Upon learning that a Falun Gong practitioner was arrested, Xu Shiqian, the secretary of the CCP Political Security Committee in Baiguo County, rushed to the police station. When he got there, he poured a cup of cold water over Ms. Feng's head and kicked off her winter shoes while cursing her.

With one hand he grabbed Ms. Feng's hair and with the other hand he punched her really hard. Another policeman brought in half a bucket full of ice cold water, forced Ms. Feng to take off her socks, then shoved her bare feet into the water.

Shocked by the icy cold water, Ms. Feng instinctively lifted her feet out of the bucket. When Xu saw this, he rushed over and smashed Ms. Feng's right toes with the tip of his heavy, leather shoes, causing her to almost faint from the excruciating pain. (When she examined her right foot later on, she discovered that her toes were all deformed and that her toenails were separated from the skin).

Officer Lu Shuguang pushed Ms. Feng to the ground then tramped on her chest with his boots, causing her unbearable pain. As a result, she found it very difficult to breathe and almost passed out. (Ms. Feng had recently injured one of her lungs, so she had to press her chest with her hand from time to time to alleviate the pain.)

Police officer Wang Wei walked over and kicked Ms. Feng then stepped on the handcuff secured to her right hand, causing blood to gush out. Wang did not take his foot off Ms. Fang's handcuff until she howled with pain.

One police officer fiercely exclaimed: "You must have heard about the "Tiananmen Square 'self-immolation,' right? Well… today you will experience a real 'self-immolation.' We've already moved the diesel oil to the courtyard where we will burn you alive!"

The police did not follow through on their threat but Lu Xing, the head of the local 610 Office, did manage to extort 7,000 yuan from Ms. Feng’s husband before she was released.

Unlike Ms. Feng, practitioner Ms. Wang Huajun experienced a completely different fate. In April 2001, after local Baiguo County officials beat Ms. Wang to near-death, they dragged her body to the front of the city government building, poured gasoline all over her, then burned her alive, claiming that she had "self-immolated."