Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

A Good Person Is Persecuted to Death; a Great Spirit Remains in the World Forever

July 24, 2009 |  

Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Guo Henghong was a technician at the Hubei Sedan Vehicle Factory in Douhudi Town, Gongan County in Hubei Province. She was born in Luosiwan Village, Maojiagang Town, Gongan County. Ms. Guo searched for a method of cultivation and learned Falun Dafa in 1996. Ever since, she followed the principle of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance to be a good person. Her family and colleagues all appreciated her.

In July 1999, the CCP started to brutally persecute Falun Gong. Ms. Guo Henghong went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong a few times and was arrested, detained, brainwashed, tortured, and beaten by the police. The brutal persecution caused her death in July 2002.

1. Fired by her Employer

After July 20, 1999, the 610 Office in Gongan County frequently pressured Guo Henghong's employer because she refused to give up her belief in Falun Dafa. The 610 Office also told her employer, "If the company has an employee practicing Falun Gong, the company cannot compete for the title of 'Excellent Company'." Ms. Guo went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa and was arrested by the police in Beijing. The Gongan County 610 Office used this an excuse to extort 10,000 yuan in cash from her employer, claiming it was necessary to get her back from Beijing. Guo Henghong witnessed the police spending all the extorted money on themselves.

On the way back to Gongan County, she went on a hunger strike to protest her mistreatment. Ignoring her, the police spent the extorted money extravagantly to eat and drink, and wrote false receipts to put the money in their pockets. For example, the police spent 100 yuan to eat, but they wrote out a receipt for more than 300 yuan. On the train back, the police fought over splitting the extorted money.

Police detained Ms. Guo at the Gongan County Detention Center beyond the legal time limit. After she was released, her employer cooperated with the 610 Office to cut off her income. Although she had worked ten years for her employer, her employer only paid her 4,000 yuan for the termination and let her go.

2. Shackled and Handcuffed in the Detention Center

After she was fired, the police followed her and watched her near her residence. Policeman Zhou Liangqing from the Douhudi Police Station and several other officers went into her room and arrested her again. While at the detention center, Ms. Guo and other practitioners protested the persecution, clarified the truth to other prisoners and shouted, "Falun Dafa is good!" and "Restore Master's good reputation!" She was frequently beaten and verbally abused by the police.

Once, she and a few other practitioners recited Teacher's lecture together. Guard Liu Guohua slapped her face brutally. Six practitioners witnessed this, and they ran out of the room to question why Liu Guohua beat her. Soon, many guards came. They handcuffed Guo Henghong and two other practitioners, and they imprisoned her alone in a cell. The police tortured her for three to four hours.

Another time, the detention center director Cheng Gang and a few other officers put Ms. Guo Henghong in heavy shackles that were used only for prisoners facing the death penalty. Then they dragged her down the long hallway to another cell. At least six practitioners witnessed this. The police tortured her for a few hours and did not remove the shackles until that night.

Another time, the police took photos of the practitioners against their will. Ms. Guo did not corporate, so Liu Guohua, Deputy Director of the detention center, shackled her for a few hours. Ms. Guo was shackled or handcuffed and brutally tortured at least three times.

3. Protesting the Persecution by Going on a Hunger Strike

Guo Henghong went on hunger strike many times in the detention center to protest the persecution and demand the restoration of Master and Dafa disciples' good reputation. Her longest hunger strike lasted for nine days without eating and drinking anything, but the police from the 610 Office, the national security team, and the detention center not only did not release her, but tied her to the long bench, fixed her hands and feet, and force-fed her food through a thick, long rubber tube. Guo Henghong did not cooperate. The Deputy Director of the detention center Yuan Changwu grabbed her hair and hit her head on the ground very hard. Her stomach bled due to the force-feeding.

4. Sent to the Brainwashing Center in the Financial School

Guo Henghong firmly protested the persecution in the detention center. She recited Teacher's Fa with other practitioners every day and practiced the exercises every day. The 610 Office transferred her to the brainwashing center in the financial school. They try to brainwash her to force her to give up cultivation. At that time, there were seven practitioners being tortured in the brainwashing center. The oldest was Mr. Tan, who lived in Gaojian Village and was nearly 80 years old. It was June and very hot. In the brainwashing center, the police conspired with the cook and service personnel to only provide about one ounce of rice and very little vegetables for each meal, which was just enough for them to survive on.

One morning, at the suggestion of the police, the service person gave seven practitioners only six steamed buns, meaning one person did not have any breakfast. The police were following the CCP's former head Jiang Zemin's orders, "Beat them to death and record it as suicide" and "cremate them immediately to conceal their identities." But every day during mealtime, the 610 Office head Yang Liangfu and others drove to the financial school to eat. At each meal, two big tables of foods were prepared for them and they ate and drank extravagantly.

Dafa practitioners started the hunger strike together and stood in front of the window to clarify the truth to the people who passed by. Because Guo Henghong kept clarifying the truth in the brainwashing center, the 610 Office used the excuse of "disturbing the social order" to keep her in the detention center over the alloted time.

5. The 610 Office Persecuted Guo Henghong to Death

Because Guo Henghong was brutally tortured and persecuted for so long, her body and mind were damaged. She often went into a trance. One day she absolutely could not endure it anymore and swallowed chopsticks. (Falun Gong practitioners are strictly forbidden to take their own lives. She had suffered long-term tortures, which exceeded what her body and mind could endure. In this situation, she did something improper.) The 610 Office police sent her to a Chinese medicine hospital. The doctor said she needed a CT scan, but the police did not want to pay for it, so it was not done. Instead, they left her with her brother.

Even so, the police did not let her off. They planned to arrest her again after she recovered a little. Guo Henghong could not live at her home anymore and she could not go to a hospital. She could not earn a living. In order to avoid the persecution, she had to become destitute and homeless. She frequently changed locations and lived a terrified and restless life. She did not have a place to practice the exercises. She frequently could not get food. Her body gradually developed severe problems.

Once, in great pain, she staggered to a practitioner's home. The practitioner let her stay and also called for help from other practitioners to look after her, do laundry for her, and give her a bath. They also figured out a way to send her to her relatives. Her relatives brought her to the hospital. She was diagnosed with serious stomach suppuration. But she would not be hospitalized, fearing the CCP police would arrest her again, so she had to stay at her relatives' home to recover. When she got a little better, she left their home.

One night when she was staying at a fellow practitioner's home, the police led by Zhou Liangqing broke into the practitioner's home in the middle of the night and arrested the practitioner and Guo Henghong. She was held at the detention center for a very long time.

Because Guo Henghong had suffered so many brutal tortures, her body was extremely weak. Finally, she collapsed. A few practitioners made up an alias for her and took her to a hospital in Shashi, but it was too late. Guo Henghong died on July 13, 2002, at the age of 36.

6. Police Still Planned to Arrest Guo Henghong Even after Her Death

A few months after her death, a group of police officers brought a big pile of falsified documents and went to Guo Henghong's brother's home in Luosiwan Village to arrest her again. It was said that this time the police planned to send her directly to the forced labor camp. Her brother was grieving and angry. He questioned the police, "You already tortured her to death. So you still can't let her off?"

Related article: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2005/7/28/63340.html