Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Falun Dafa Practitioner Zhang Zhiyun in Shanghai May Have Been Murdered with Poison

June 27, 2009 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Zhang Zhiyun, a sixty-six year-old Falun Dafa practitioner in Shanghai, was persecuted by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) for over ten years and her house was monitored around the clock. In April 2009, Zhang Zhiyun went to the Public Security Bureau in Hongkou District to apply for a passport. After returning home, she felt sick all over her body and started to vomit blood heavily. After she had vomited blood for a week, her family took her to Central Hospital in the Hongkou District.

Learning the news, 610 Office staff rushed to the hospital, found the family and said, "Why didn't you tell us that Zhang Zhiyun became sick? We've visited the president of the hospital and they will try their best to rescue Zhang Zhiyun." Nevertheless, on May 14, 2009, the second day after "trying their best," Zhang Zhiyun suddenly passed away. Some doctors said privately that it was unusual and suspicious that she died so quickly.

Before the Chinese Communist Party began the persecution of Falun Dafa, Zhang Zhiyun was the assistant head of the Falun Dafa Voluntary Teaching Center in Shanghai. She started practicing Falun Dafa in January 1994 and benefited greatly. She recovered from all her illnesses after practicing. After she experienced Falun Dafa's supernatural power, she wanted to help more people benefit, so she started a practice site in Shanghai and expanded towards the suburbs.

On July 20, 1999, Jiang's regime started to persecute Falun Dafa. Zhang Zhiyun and many Falun Dafa practitioners went to the Shanghai City Government to appeal to stop the persecution of Falun Dafa. Liu Yungeng, secretary of the Chinese Communist Party's Committee of Political and Legislative Affairs in Shanghai City, announced the prohibition against Falun Dafa in front of several heads of the Falun Dafa Teaching Station in Shanghai. Zhang Zhiyun immediately refuted it and protested. She refused to write any "guarantee statement" or be videotaped for TV (She knew that the Chinese Communist Party would edit and exploit such a video).

The Chinese Communist Party considered Zhang Zhiyun as an important Falun Dafa practitioner in Shanghai and persecuted her accordingly. But no matter how they persecuted her, with a stick or a carrot, she refused to cooperate with the persecution in any form. Once the authorities searched her house and confiscated her property, and wanted to take away Master's picture. She said, "I'll firmly follow my Master no matter if it's a mountain of swords or a sea of flames lying ahead of me. You can't take away these things." A cultivator's firm and righteous thoughts overpowered them and they had to back off. They have never since dared come to her home asking for anything.

For ten years, Zhang Zhiyun never gave up her cultivation. She was persecuted by the CCP organizations, including the 610 Office in Shanghai, for a long time and both her mind and body were sorely tried! Spies were often sent out to monitor her and ask around for information. They not only persecuted her directly, but also persecuted her family. They vainly attempted to make her give up her cultivation through these shameful means. The following are just some examples of the persecution she suffered:

Zhang Zhiyun's husband is not a Falun Dafa practitioner. He was a senior technician before July 20, 1999, but lost his job after the persecution started and has been waiting for retirement since then. Zhang Zhiyun's son and some other people joined together and opened a noodle house. After the persecution started, his noodle house was shut down for no reason, causing a major financial loss. After that, due to harassment and undermining from the 610 Office, her son could not get a steady job.

Zhang Zhiyun's home phone number and mail box were monitored all year round, and her house was monitored twenty-four hours a day most of the year. She was followed wherever she went. She once visited her uncle, who is in his nineties. Afterward, her uncle's whole family was interrogated, so she had to minimize contact with her relatives.

In 2004, Zhang Zhiyun's daughter planned to study overseas. She got the official notification of acceptance, but she could not get a passport. Only after applying five times, did she get her passport.

In 2006, a Falun Dafa practitioner came to visit Zhang Zhiyun. Because there were monitors outside and in order to protect her fellow practitioner, Zhang Zhiyun escorted the fellow practitioner to the bus station. At the bus station, the police bumped into her with a police vehicle again and again. Her legs and feet were badly injured. After that, they did not allow her to go home and locked her up at a police station.

In 2008, Zhang Zhiyun's son wanted to go overseas to participate in a competition. Although he had his passport and visa ready, he was dragged off the plane at the airport and locked up, with no reason given. After two months, when the competition was over, he was allowed to go overseas.

Zhang Zhiyun applied for a passport more than ten times since 2006 and was always rejected with no reason. In 2008, Zhang Zhiyun applied for a passport in order to participate in her daughter's wedding in Australia. In the end, she was not able to be there because she could not get a passport. In late 2008, her daughter planned to go back to China to have a wedding again, but could not due to intervention from the 610 Office.

In November 2008, Zhang Zhiyun went to the Public Security Bureau at Hongkou District and asked for her legal right to get her passport in order to attend her daughter's graduation ceremony. She communicated with Xia, Song and Dai, people from 610 Office at the Hongkou District, for over an hour. After drinking the water at the Public Security Bureau, she went home, then felt sick and started to cough (She did not pay attention then, for she thought it was a 'normal' cough).

In 2009, Zhang Zhiyun applied for a passport many times to attend her daughter's graduation ceremony in Australia and was rejected. In April 2009, Zhang Zhiyun went to the Public Security Bureau in Hongkou District to ask for a passport again. This time, shortly after drinking the water in the Public Security Bureau, she started to vomit blood.

During the period when Zhang Zhiyun felt sick and stayed at home, Dai from the 610 Office at Hongkou District, the secretary of the Committee of Political and Legislative Affairs at Hongkou District and Liu Zhenhui, the police from Ouyang Road Police Station, still came to her home and constantly harassed her, which worsened her health condition. Later, her family insisted on taking her to a hospital. During her stay in the hospital, her health condition turned better. But, on her fifth day in the hospital, people from 610 Office went to the hospital and had a conversation with the director and head doctor of the hospital. The next day, May 14, Zhang Zhiyun's health condition suddenly worsened, and she unexpectedly passed away that same day.

People who participated in the persecution of Zhang Zhiyun:

Wang Yiyin, head of the Ouyang Road Police Station at Hongkou District: 86-21-63242200-75300
Song Weiguo, head of the Public Security Bureau at Honghou District: 86-21-63242200-32000
Lu Heming, political commissar of the Public Security Bureau at Hongkou District: 86-21-43242200-32001
Xu Zhiyuan, director of the Subdistrict Office at Ouyang Road, Hongkou District: 86-21-65084694